Gamerz For the posting of Games reviews and discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Starcraft 2!!!

WOOO WOOOOO

www.starcraft2.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 12:37 AM

OH YEAH! it looks pretty damn cooool... about time.... freaking blizz always takes forever
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
All I want is HALO 3, hurry up September 26 for supplies outside the US.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 01:40 AM

next yr....

AFM #282
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 05:23 AM
7c Forever

yea, I'm also waiting anxiously on Halo3

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 05:41 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
yea, I'm also waiting anxiously on Halo3
I went hand to hand combat with a Brute in Halo 2 the other day. Was not a pretty site seeing the Sarge getting the crap beaten out of him..I finally ended up shooting the fooker with a Brute shot....

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
I went hand to hand combat with a Brute in Halo 2 the other day. Was not a pretty site seeing the Sarge getting the crap beaten out of him..I finally ended up shooting the fooker with a Brute shot....
psh.... child's play. you should try the campaign in "legendary" mode
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
7c Forever

I've beaten the campaign in both Halo 1 and 2 in legendary. it's more fun when my brother and I play together, if either guy dies you both reset to the beginning, so you have to really work as a team and cover each others ass. Alot of fun, but at that skill level you gotta REALLY know where the other guy is/what he's doing/what he's going to do, or you'll get hung out to dry completely by accident.

the trick to going hand to hand with the brutes is that you've gotta play matador with them, run up and hit 'em, but watch really close, they do this little squat thing right before the lunge, when they squat you wanna dive in and to the side, the closer you are to them the better 'cause they have less time to correct for direction. as you're ducking to the side and they charge past you you plant 1 in their gut.

using the same technique only followed up with a "charge in and get him in the back" technique you can bring down a hunter in hand to hand.

it's hella easier to just sit back and nail him with a rifle tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:15 PM

How'd this thread get ghey'd up with Halo crap! This is supposed to be about the win that is Starcraft! Damn hippies!!

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:55 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickpitt View Post
How'd this thread get ghey'd up with Halo crap! This is supposed to be about the win that is Starcraft! Damn hippies!!

That would be my fault

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 11:19 PM
RacerX85

My penis gets hard every time I hear someone say Starcraft 2.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 07:47 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
My penis gets hard every time I hear someone say Starcraft 2.
jesus christ, who's gheying what up now?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 AM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
jesus christ, who's gheying what up now?
LOL, I'll be looking for YOU on battlenet.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Gang Green

Mmmm, starcraft2.
I saw the video's released a month or so back from the big event in Korea, and it looks awesome.

Can't wait, this was my favorite RTS of all time, though a couple others have come close in recent years (AoE, CoH, and a couple others).

As for Halo, I still don't get the hype around it, it's only a mediocre FPS, how it got so huge I'll never know.

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:06 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
LOL, I'll be looking for YOU on battlenet.
you'll not be finding me there, I'm not paying money for blizzard shit, not while westwood is still in business.

besides, even aside from money, I don't have time to play video games anymore, always 1000000 things to do before I can consider that shit.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:13 AM
RacerX85

Like spending hours posting on here?
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:59 AM
7c Forever

sigh, yea, it's an addiction, I can't help it.

and when I leave everyone freaks out and wonders if I'm dead.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Gang Green

blizzard shit?
warcraft 1 and 2 rocked, startcraft rocked.
Diablo series was very popular, though I never got into that style of game at all.
WC3 wasn't that good.
WOW is insanely popular, but again, I'm not into the MO games, so I've never even tried it.

for westwood, CnC and Red alert were good, generals sucked. I bought tiberium wars and it is pretty good too.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
7c Forever

yea it's the C&C/Red Alert series that I always played, altho red alert 2 sucked ass.

the BEST strategy games in my books tho as the mechcommander series. in C&C and particularly starcraft, you lose a guy and it's like "meh, I'll build another" in MC, if you lose a guy, you FEEL it. It's also wicked to train a pilot up from scratch, run him around in the best roles that you can spare for him so that by the end of the game when you need a full roster of elite pilots, you have them.

warcraft and starcraft I always found to be completely economy based. He who builds the biggest, most efficient base fastest, wins. C&C at least there was ABIT of tactics involved, with armor vs infantry, aircraft, artillery and engineers. There was several layers of tactics that could be used, and every move had a countermove, there was no such thing as a truly unassailable force. Also, being able to select more than a couple guys at a time was absolutly critical.

Blizzard games have certainly always been popular, however I've never found them particularly well.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Gang Green

you must never have played good startcraft opponents
A strong economy is important in any game, but having a good strategey, and knowing what units work against your enemy's units, using the special abilities, and the like, are all needed.
I used to rock at starcraft, and age of empires (was ranked #1 in the world for a while on MS Zone), but I suck now, I rarely play computer games. I'll get in a zone where I'll be interested again for a few weeks, but I get sidetracked, usually by the bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode