Gamerz For the posting of Games reviews and discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Getting a 360

Gonna buy a 360 soon and I'll prolly only get 1 game. So... what's a must-have game? Right now I'm assuming Halo 3. Need something with good reply value. Rock Band/GH are already on my PS3 so those are out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 AM

You're going to buy a Xbox360 just so you can deal with the system overheating? And then pay money to ship it to get it fixed and wait months to get it back?
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 08:00 AM
No Crying Allowed

are they still having problems with them?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
are they still having problems with them?
What's even funnier is, they release an intercooler adapter to rectify the problem. But here's the catch - you have to pay for it!!!
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
What's even funnier is, they release an intercooler adapter to rectify the problem. But here's the catch - you have to pay for it!!!
I thought they fixed the RRoD problem on the new ones?

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Nope

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo5 View Post
Nope
Ghey

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 11:41 AM

Here's another tibit, since Blue-ray is winning the HD race, guess who's switching over to Blue-Ray? Yup, Xbox360 will be coming out a new system compatible with Blue-Ray discs.

Can we say :pwnd?!!!
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Here's another tibit, since Blue-ray is winning the HD race, guess who's switching over to Blue-Ray? Yup, Xbox360 will be coming out a new system compatible with Blue-Ray discs.

Can we say :pwnd?!!!
HAHA! No fuckin' way?! If that happens then that's some funny shit!

:pwnd :pwnd :pwnd :pwnd

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

I haven't had any overheating problems with my 360...

Just call me Captain Crash...

post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

So... anyone gonna actually answer the question?

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
-The newer versions runner quieter and dont over heat like the first gen models... I have a first gen and have no problems. My bro and couple other friends have the newer model and have had no heating problems.

-The intercooler isnt made by microsoft and is being my by 3rd parties.

-Who cares about Hd dvd, the console is made for gaming

-Microsoft said it would consider using bluray if the gamers demanded it, but its not 100% comfirmed. HOw is Microsoft owned when its out selling the ps3?? I seem to recall the ps3 vs the xbox 360 games, it seems the xbox runs smoother has less lag issues, better online interface. I have yet to see one game rated better on the ps3 then the xbox 360 (same game).. Remember, also Madden 08 runs at 60fps on 360, vs 30fps on the ps3 which means it runs alot smoother, gameplay is better.

I have a ps3 and xbox 360, that thing sits in the dust. I use the Wii alot more thne the ps3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickpitt View Post
Gonna buy a 360 soon and I'll prolly only get 1 game. So... what's a must-have game? Right now I'm assuming Halo 3. Need something with good reply value. Rock Band/GH are already on my PS3 so those are out.
If you want a good shooter get Call of duty 4 or Halo 3. The new Splinter Cell, RainbowSix are due out spring, and Ghost Recon fall.

Last edited by Hellbound; 01-15-2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
-The newer versions runner quieter and dont over heat like the first gen models... I have a first gen and have no problems. My bro and couple other friends have the newer model and have had no heating problems.

-The intercooler isnt made by microsoft and is being my by 3rd parties.

-Who cares about Hd dvd, the console is made for gaming

-Microsoft said it would consider using bluray if the gamers demanded it, but its not 100% comfirmed. HOw is Microsoft owned when its out selling the ps3?? I seem to recall the ps3 vs the xbox 360 games, it seems the xbox runs smoother has less lag issues, better online interface. I have yet to see one game rated better on the ps3 then the xbox 360 (same game).. Remember, also Madden 08 runs at 60fps on 360, vs 30fps on the ps3 which means it runs alot smoother, gameplay is better.

I have a ps3 and xbox 360, that thing sits in the dust. I use the Wii alot more thne the ps3.

If you want a good shooter get Call of duty 4 or Halo 3. The new Splinter Cell, RainbowSix are due out spring, and Ghost Recon fall.
When was Xbox360 releaseed and when was PS3 released? Compare 360's 1st yr vs PS3's first yr which was last year. Compare apples to apples, and you will have your answer.

Why care about Blu-Ray? Because having the ability to play Blu-Ray on your gaming system vs having to buy a separate unit to do so puts PS3 above which is why Xbox360 will go that route.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Future King of the World

Not selling? I think PS3 just sold over 4 million units this holiday season alone?

post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Lets not turn this into a PS3 vs. 360 war please. Start your own thread for that Each system has its ups and downs, which is why I want both.

Another 360(360 Pro in particular, the 20 gb version) question I had. Does it have an optical output for audio?

post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 03:11 PM

Halo 3 is an awesome game, and a must have IMO for 360 owners! If you do get it, I would highly recommend a xbox live subscription, the multiplayer and playing online with your friends is what makes it replayable. It's the only game I have for my 360.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 03:12 PM
doomsday machine

Quote:
Lets not turn this into a PS3 vs. 360 war please.
:imwst
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeR1 View Post
I haven't had any overheating problems with my 360...
:imwst

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Future King of the World

Quote:
Does it have an optical output for audio?
Off the top of my head no.

post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Quote:
Lets not turn this into a PS3 vs. 360 war please. Start your own thread for that Each system has its ups and downs, which is why I want both.

Another 360(360 Pro in particular, the 20 gb version) question I had. Does it have an optical output for audio?

yes all 360 models have fiber optic output for surround sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo5 View Post
Not selling? I think PS3 just sold over 4 million units this holiday season alone?
ps3 did sell alot, but 360 almost double what they had, Wii killed everyone like always

Last edited by Hellbound; 01-15-2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode