Gamerz For the posting of Games reviews and discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Sony and Microsoft Discussing Blu-ray Drive for Xbox 360

Stan Glasgow, president and chief operating officer of Sony Electronics, has revealed that the Japanese electronics maker is in talks with Microsoft about offering a Blu-ray Disc drive for the Xbox 360. The Financial Times reports:

But after Sony’s victory last month in the high-definition DVD format war, Stan Glasgow, Sony Electronics US president, said the two sides were now talking about Microsoft adopting Blu-ray.

A Blu-ray drive in a 360 would make Microsoft more competitive with the PS3, but it would also mean extra revenues for Sony’s electronics division. It would also add further cost to the 360, meaning a premium edition of the console could be necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 01:34 PM

So I wonder if Sony could just say "no, we're not selling you Blue Ray technology!" ??? That would really suck for M$. Somehow I think that would break some sort of anti-trust laws or something.

The prices on the 360 and ps3 are already comparable... if M$ has to jump up the price on their Elite... yikes!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
Old 03-06-2008, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Update

A Microsoft spokesperson provided the following comment in regards to this article:

"We have made no such announcement. Games are what are driving consumers to purchase game consoles and we remain focused on providing the largest library of blockbuster games available."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
^ I want RE5

On the XBOX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
^^Not going to happen.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Resident Redneck

I meant 360Xbox

Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Future King of the World

I know, I was just being a smartass.

Also, I think it might not be released for the 360 too, now that HD is dead. I know they have said it was going to be released, but I have a feeling it will switch to PS3 for capacity reasons. I mean Kojima is bitching about the amount of space he has on BR; MGS4 is coming out in June; and they don't have enough space on BR so they had to cut back some of the dialog and put the MP/Online on a separate disc.

Either way, if they could figure out a way to keep in compressed, they would make much more money delivering it for both systems. Either way I can't wait for RE5

Old 03-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Resident Redneck

I will buy witch ever system it comes out on

Old 03-06-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
I will buy witch ever system it comes out on
Just buy them both... then you don't have to worry about it

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
Old 03-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Resident Redneck

^ Not a big gamer, I just like that one game.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Future King of the World

Quote:
Just buy them both... then you don't have to worry about it
This is what we did, we own both; and it works out great.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:30 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
They'll come out with an add on drive like they had for HD-DVD

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
Old 03-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Future King of the World

For a hefty price, unless there are laws restricting them from doing so.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:16 AM
Gang Green

I wouldn't be surpised at all to see a bluray addon drive for the 360.
As for integrating one into the 360, thats another beast entirely. Whatever they do, they will never be able to take advantage of bluray drive for games, because there are 12 million xbox360's out there already that don't have that ability. They could make it just for movies, as long as the drive also reads standard DVD's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in