Gamerz For the posting of Games reviews and discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
MGS4 final build, play and highlights.

From IGN.com

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/863/863825p1.html

Awesome read. Discuss

NO SPOILERS IN THE ARTICLE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
its crazy how 50 gbs of the blu ray disk wasnt enough for the game, so they had to render it and lower the quality of the graphics just to make it fit. Metal Gear has always been a solid franchise
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Future King of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
its crazy how 50 gbs of the blu ray disk wasnt enough for the game, so they had to render it and lower the quality of the graphics just to make it fit. Metal Gear has always been a solid franchise
Actually that's not true. They edited some of the dubbing for the the script. The graphics/physics haven't been touched, and in fact, in the article the journalist states how it actually looks better in real person that it does on the trailer.

Which I don't know if I quite believe yet or not, will have to wait to see. But knowing Kojima, I think I won't doubt him.

MGS series has always been known to be a heavy dialog based game, but for it to be this much, is crazy. Rumors have it takes about anywhere from 20-40 hours to beat it.

I can't wait to see how it concludes.

I hope they also release it for the 360 later. Wouldn't want some of the gamers to miss out on the conclusion of one the greatest gaming series.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Faster and Better

In Egm's latest issue page # 24

It states " The metal gear series creator shocked many when he admitted that Blu-Ray's 50GB of storage capacity (which is huge by today's disc standards) wasn't quite enough for this PS3 stealth-action game. It forced the MGS4 development team to compress cerain aspects of data, thus diminishing their quality."

Regardless or not, this game took hell of alot of space, as long as it looks great, and plays great then im happy.

It wont fit on a 360 disk, unless they do multiple disc like final fantasy back in the day. Also Konami has signed MGS with ps3 exclusive, so if it ever does come on the 360 it wont be for years and years. Just like you will never see Halo series on playstation.

Last edited by Hellbound; 04-03-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Future King of the World

Quote:
In an interview with Famitsu, Kojima revealed that Guns of the Patriots did indeed suffer cuts in order to fit the game onto a Blu-ray disc. The disc used for MGS4 is of the 50GB kind, which is roughly six times the capacity of a regular and the game has been skimped down as to only include local audio and forced Metal Gear Online to be shipped on a seperate disc because of the lack of space. Kojima's actual quote (translated from Famitsu) was: "There's not enough space. We always talked about where to cut and what to compress."
They Cut some of the bs audio script, and put the Online on a seperate disc.

Which only means this game will be a MONSTER.

I'm not sure how I feel about the online though; it will either be a hit or a big miss.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Faster and Better

Yea. Im waiting for GTA 4, online... looks awesome. You and a buddy can free roam from what its saying, or you can play game modes like team deathmatch, cops and robbers etc.

You playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Future King of the World

Quote:
Yea. Im waiting for GTA 4, online... looks awesome. You and a buddy can free roam from what its saying, or you can play game modes like team deathmatch, cops and robbers etc.

You playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2?

No I wish, I still don't have my PS3/dvds and stuff back yet, b/c we have been broken into 3 times now. Waiting till we move into our new place.

But I'm curious to see how GTA IV plays online, I know I won't be doing anything but that game when it comes out LOL

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Faster and Better

from what they were saying cops and robbers is the shit. You can use helo's. I just want to do the free roam with some of my friends. APB looks bad ass. Its just like GTA but a Online massive multiplayer like War craft. You form gangs and make money by dealing drugs, stealing tv's etc... lol
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Angry

Quote:
Also Konami has signed MGS with ps3 exclusive, so if it ever does come on the 360 it wont be for years and years. Just like you will never see Halo series on playstation.

[email protected]#K...!!!!

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Future King of the World

I stayed up all night playing it. Almost 12 hours or so of playing. lol

This is a system mover, my friends. This could very well be the best game of all time.

This is probably my favorite review of the game so far.

From Fox News! LOL

ahahaa"HOLY..SHIT..."

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 AM

... I need friends who game man
I only do some PC games and not that much anymore

I have heard awesome stuff bout this one though. My ex (who I am best friends with who is a huge gamer and is living out in WY) has told me a few things about it but not much...I miss watching him play and wanting to try...then failing miserably but having fun trying!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Future King of the World

It's a hard game; with quite a steep learning curve.

What pc games do you play?

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 10:47 AM

...Neverwinter Nights, WoW, I havent played in a long time tho, got busy, all the friends leveled w/o me and its no fun playing alone...uh what else did I USE to play
haha Halo (at a friends place) it was a blast...even though I SUCK ASS at it, its fun to try!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode