Gamerz For the posting of Games reviews and discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
I got the 3 ring of lights

DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I emailed microsoft on how to solve my problem for building a defective system. Only because it has happened to so many people. All of my friends have had the same thing happen that bought the 1st batch of 360's. I am the last one. I have to email them back with spacifics and I just hope they can fix it for free. There are how to vids that are not that clear or I can download a book for $29 and do it myself if they won't fix it for free. I will update you when I know for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ring of death.jpg (103.9 KB, 1 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:49 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Mine did the same bud, would you believe the fix is just some new thermal grease, some plactic spacer washers and new board screws, but you have to be a rocket scientist to crack the Xbox 360 open (probe here, probe there, hold your tongue right etc etc). I didn't have time to get it fixed, so I bought an Xbox 360 Elite system. The old one can gather dust until I get the urge to pull it apart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
7c Forever

you forgot the part in the procedure where you have to wait for the correct planetary alignment on the night of a full moon

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:09 PM
jimmy crack corn

Doesn't ms fix them all for free now because of a recall or class action lawsuit?

David
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:21 PM

Probably so MA but I can't show proof of purchase, ie: the receipt, so I'm screwed as far as I know.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Gang Green

I don't think you even need the receipt, since they are fixing all 360's with the RROD, so when/where you bought it really doesn't matter.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 09:08 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Red Ring Of Death...

I got that a long time ago and they fixed mine for free but I was within 1 year so I dunno about now..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
I don't think you even need the receipt, since they are fixing all 360's with the RROD, so when/where you bought it really doesn't matter.
That is probably so now GE, but when I went online last year with Microsoft, the fookers wanted the receipt as proof of purchase. If they don't want it now great stuff then.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 11:04 AM

The last time I got the lights, a I checked on the Microsoft website and my xbox was out of warranty. The warranty for the 3 lights is 3 years from the original purchase date.
Heres the PDF of the manual I used to fix mine. The bolts and washers you can get at Lowe's or Home Depot, and the paste at Radio Shack. The hardest part was getting the x clips off.

ok, the file is too big to upload here 353mb. PM me and I can send it in an email.

Last edited by Fast Glass; 09-04-2009 at 11:11 AM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 12:22 PM

https://support.xbox.com/support/en/...px?step=repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode