Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

1997 Yamaha YZF750

Hey guys , I went riding after work tonight and ran across a guy on a 1997 Yamaha YZF750. That thing was in MINT condition and man it was SWEET. Keep in mind fellas, that I ride a 1992 Seca II, and not by choice , but by pocketbook at the time I purchased it. But things have changed over the past 3 years that I've rode it , and I finally get to upgrade next spring. Well , after seeing that bike tonight, I was really impressed with the styling and the look. I was just wanting to know if anyone here has any experience with one or knows how to look up the specs on that one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:29 PM
No Crying Allowed

Very nice bike in deed.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yzf7502_255.jpg (23.8 KB, 75 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:30 PM
No Crying Allowed

Model: Yamaha YZF 750 R Genesis
Year: 1997
Category: Sport
Engine and transmission
Displacement: 749.00 ccm (45.70 cubic inches)
Engine type: In-line four
Stroke: 4
Power: 125.00 HP (91.2 kW)) @ 12000 RPM
Torque: 82.00 Nm (8.4 kgf-m or 60.5 ft.lbs) @ 9500 RPM
Valves per cylinder: 5
Starter: Electric
Cooling system: Liquid
Gearbox: 6-speed
Transmission type
final drive: Chain
Physical measures
Dry weight: 196.0 kg (432.1 pounds)
Seat height: 770 mm (30.3 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Chassis and dimensions
Front brakes: Dual disc
Rear brakes: Single disc
Speed and acceleration
Top speed: 265.0 km/h (164.7 mph)
Power/weight ratio: 0.6378 HP/kg

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:30 PM

YZF750's were consider the bomb when they were first released.
Unfortunately this period at the top of the 750 tree did not last long as shortly there after Suzuki released the new GSXR750WT [I think that was its model ] this was the first of the "new" beam framed GSXR's.
These immediatly blew away all the competetion.
However, if you can find a nice clean example [not the gastly pink and white model!] then I am sure your will enjoy the ride

Check out this link
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yam...nesis_1997.php

or this one
http://www.mcreports.com/Pages/Indiv...ha/YZF750.html
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

sweet info , thanks guys. I'll check out those links Jeffgre and R1Lover , that's what I was wondering about , the stats you posted. It'll be a good jump from my 49hp machine LOL!

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:34 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint
sweet info , thanks guys. I'll check out those links Jeffgre and R1Lover , that's what I was wondering about , the stats you posted. It'll be a good jump from my 49hp machine LOL!
You will love it man............ is there a chace for you to buy this machine??

If there is you better jump on it......

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:35 PM
just a user

Send a message via MSN to korrupt1 Send a message via Yahoo to korrupt1
Never a big fan of the nose.....seemed very blockish looking......but they were great bikes...but are super exspensive now(in terms of year vs. miles)for this model as they are usually highly sought after.

You will have o ask yourself what its really worth to you...........do you buy the "mint" and spent a bunch of cash? do you find a slighty beat up but still in good condition and still spend a bunch of cash? do you hunt doen the half wreck and try to repair? whats the cost of repair to you yourself? not just the parts but the actual fixing and building....the work looking up parts.....etc?

thats what I look at everytime I go and buy anything....quality,reputation,looks and my desire............in that order
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:37 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
Never a big fan of the nose.....seemed very blockish looking......but they were great bikes...but are super exspensive now(in terms of year vs. miles)for this model as they are usually highly sought after.

You will have o ask yourself what its really worth to you...........do you buy the "mint" and spent a bunch of cash? do you find a slighty beat up but still in good condition and still spend a bunch of cash? do you hunt doen the half wreck and try to repair? whats the cost of repair to you yourself? not just the parts but the actual fixing and building....the work looking up parts.....etc?

thats what I look at everytime I go and buy anything....quality,reputation,looks and my desire............in that order
Jimi, This bike is not the R7 as I think you are talking about.... It's a YZF 750......... This was the 750 before the R7 and R1 were born.

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

when I rolled up on that guy at the light I thought " Holy Shit , there's an R7 " but soon found out otherwise.

That bike wasn't for sale , but I did like it an awful lot and will keep any eye open for sure.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
yah, the nose makes it look like it was ran into a wall a few too many times

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 10:27 PM
just a user

Send a message via MSN to korrupt1 Send a message via Yahoo to korrupt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1

Jimi, This bike is not the R7 as I think you are talking about.... It's a YZF 750......... This was the 750 before the R7 and R1 were born.
ahhh...true so it is.

I take aforementioned words back
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 02:33 AM
Advanced Member

Yamaha also made an even rarer version, the YZF750 SP, if you can find one of those they are worth some bucks

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 02:41 AM
The answer? Simple: 42

Re: 1997 Yamaha YZF750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint
Keep in mind fellas, that I ride a 1992 Seca II, and not by choice , but by pocketbook at the time I purchased it.

Nothing wrong with 1992 Yamaha Seca-II's.

Personally, I'd stay away from bikes like the YZF750. The older the bike, the harder parts will be to find. Also, I'd think that if you're looking at something like that, look into an R6 or possibly a YZF-600r.

Last edited by fjorn; 05-19-2012 at 04:24 AM.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 02:47 AM
Advanced Member

here's a pic of the SP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamahayzf750sp_625.jpg (27.1 KB, 38 views)

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 05:33 AM
phil-osepher

I'm sitting here wondering what we will be saying of the 2005 R1 or GSXR in 20 years?

Fast Forward to 2025 on motomummy.com

Situation #1
"I was coming out of the store the other day and saw a guy on one of those old school R1's. I think it was one of those LE models, back from the Rossi days. Very clean bike, but the styling was very blocky and totally ancient looking. I can't believe we used to think those were "top of the line" back then. Just goes to show you how times change...."

Situation #2
"I was at the bike museum the other day and saw one of those LE model Yamaha's. Remember how we thought those were cool when they came out? Man, what a blast to ride those must have been. I remember owning an R1 and then the big gas crisis of 2009 hit, and then all the restrictions made it too expensive to even buy gas or own a bike. Then the alternative fuel act of 2013 and eventually the outlawing of all internal combustion engines. What I wouldn't give to be able to ride a bike again, but at least the earth is cleaner now and my hydrogen car isn't that bad..."

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:46 AM
Mummy Man

i've t hought of that also kneedragger. we'll be on some futuristic looking thing (if they are still legal) and will think these are slow crappy pos's lol

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:44 AM
No Crying Allowed

Nice Kneedragger...lol

Although you need

Situation #3

Hey I saw one of those old school R1 LE's the other day. I wish we could still but unrestricted bikes here in the US, it sucks now that the fastest bike we can buy goes about 125 MPH....

It will happen, it's just a matter of time... either safety concerns or pollution and fuel issues....

Remember guy's we have it pretty good these days.

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Mummy Man

that's when custom makers will build them give me a frame and i'll build a bike!

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:57 AM

I saw one in Mexico- Look pretty cool bro
If you get sure you will enjoy it

My mods are ghey...
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

holy cow! Fjorn stole me bike !!! : :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode