Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

2007 Yamaha R1 (artists impression)

This image is our artists impression of how next years R1 might look like. Based on what we have learnt earlier this year next generation R1's will not get too many similarities to the 2006 R6, however we have added a few such as the special side-fairing design that helps channelling the air-flow for optimised temperature and aerodynamics. Our design is not flawless, but gives an impression on how R1 could look like with some R6 goodies. Image by: Hugo van Waaijen. TS

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/news.html

:corn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:11 AM
No Crying Allowed

I bet there way off, just like in years past............. lol

I expect a whole new design from the ground up..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:24 AM
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
I bet there way off, just like in years past............. lol

I expect a whole new design from the ground up..
:imwst i think having separate dev teams/design strategies is a good thing, i don't think the R1 should be a 'larger' R6 or vice versa a la the Gixxers

but cool chop, whereza lil zorst tip and ram air stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:25 AM
Ask the Chief

I HOPE it doesn't look like that!!!!!!

The only thing I don't like about the R6 is the nike swoosh side fairings. Other than that, they really found something.

This "artists" R1 still looks like an 04. I agree with R1Lover....Yamaha is going to redesign from ground up. They need a whole new bike to be competitive in AMA SBK and WSBK next year. No sense in just "updating" an outdated chassis with new bodywork.

I bet they realize the popularity of the new R6, and put the same team on building a new R1

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:50 AM

I hope they'll get rid of the undertail exhausts...
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
+1 .. i have to agree with that !!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Ask the Chief

me too....

it REALLY wouldn't take much to make an R1 based closely on the M1....

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
me too....

it REALLY wouldn't take much to make an R1 based closely on the M1....
If ever the R1 become close to the M1 in terms of technology .. the price will be to high ..
as for looks hope so too
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1biker
If ever the R1 become close to the M1 in terms of technology .. the price will be to high ..
as for looks hope so too
Of course they're not going to put an M1 on the street, but the R6 definitely inherited some of their know-how. Little things like the stubby exhaust, multi-adjustable forks and the GP inspired swingarm (with external axle adjusters) are awesome for racers, and weren't on the R6 just a year ago. They can definitely engineer a low-cost production bike with some of the tricks they've learned.

Since the new R6 is retailing for $9299, I wouldn't be suprised to see the new R1 going for $13K'ish or more.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
Of course they're not going to put an M1 on the street, but the R6 definitely inherited some of their know-how. Little things like the stubby exhaust, multi-adjustable forks and the GP inspired swingarm (with external axle adjusters) are awesome for racers, and weren't on the R6 just a year ago. They can definitely engineer a low-cost production bike with some of the tricks they've learned.

Since the new R6 is retailing for $9299, I wouldn't be suprised to see the new R1 going for $13K'ish or more.
Man.. U making me all excited now....
Pretty sure the R1 will be slightly more expensive then usual ...
arround 15300 ~ 15 500 CAD
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:37 AM
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
hmm...i said this when it undertails first came out and all you bishes disagreed with me, now i can say "i told you so!!", Dao knows all:r1budha:
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:03 AM

$10 bucks says its VERY similar to the R6. I hope it has a stubby exhaust. I bet it does.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
i like the undertail. Keep it. Maybe come they should come with 2 versions just like the zx6, so that people can choose what they want.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:35 PM

that looks like dog balls! IMO the 04-06 are destined to be classics sorta like american muscle cars. mines a keeper
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound
i like the undertail. Keep it. Maybe come they should come with 2 versions just like the zx6, so that people can choose what they want.
That would be a good idea .. but i don't think yamaha will go for it !!
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Wheatman

I dont think it will have undertail again. Ill have an 07 either way though...
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatman
I dont think it will have undertail again. Ill have an 07 either way though...

:imwst : :

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 05:53 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
that looks like a FZ1 for some reason..

cant believe its Jan and people are already talking about 07

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 05:58 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn
that looks like a FZ1 for some reason..

cant believe its Jan and people are already talking about 07

I think that's normal on a year like this one... We all know that they pretty much have to redo the whole thing... or at least we are hoping so...

September is right around the corner..

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Wheatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER

September is right around the corner..
:imwst

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode