Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

New Yamaha R6 Does Not Rev To 17,500 RPM After All

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/01february06_redline.htm

LOL:jimmie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
lol yamaha caught in a big fat lie...yes...it would HAVE to know the rpm to be able to fire the plugs LOL

that's hilarious. i wonder if there will be any lawsuits of false advertising from those who bought the bike. it only makes 2hp over the gsxr 600 also

post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Wheatman

So whats the Big deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Mummy Man

yamaha outright lied to the public? there is no way it can be off or else the plugs won't know when to fire. those sensors are accurate. they did it for publicyt and sales, that's it

post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

My bike rev's higher then your bike..poser factor, not that yamaha would do this with the r1 LMAO

post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:13 PM

And I still wonder about the "fly by wire" throttle that was claimed.

To me, a true fly by wire would be just that - no cables to adjust / break. I expected something like the light switch dimmer in my dining room <gg>. And an electrical wire running from the throttle to a servo motor or something on the throttle body.

Instead, it does have cables, attached to the throttle on one end and to something that looks like a butterfly on the throttle body. Doesn't look anything like fly by wire to me.

But to be honest, I haven't seen it with the tank off yet either, so maybe I'm missing something. At least I hope so.

Eric
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:20 PM

But this statement is a very good point...

Quote:
This means that the actual RPM that cues the rev limiter (we've heard 16,200 RPM, but Yamaha won't say exactly and we haven't had the opportunity to test it for ourselves) was programmed into the ECU by the engineers who designed and developed the bike. If the development team KNEW that the bike didn't rev to 17,500 RPM, why would Yamaha promote it as doing so? We're not sure, and company representatives did not say anything beyond the statements we quoted above.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Wheatman

Even True Rev of over 16k is Awesome....The bike is a Screamer..Period....
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:05 PM

I think it is deceitful and pretty lame of them. however I'm with wheatman, this bike is going to set some standards for all classes regardless of how fast its motor is reving.
and 2hp really means nothing... The R6 runs quicker times than the R1 and its got a 40+hp disadvantage.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 11:28 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
... The R6 runs quicker times than the R1 and its got a 40+hp disadvantage.
not with your big assed corn fed shit on it hahhaha
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatman
Even True Rev of over 16k is Awesome....The bike is a Screamer..Period....
No offense Wheat cause i respect you........but.....

Come on man......What if suzuki did something like this.......or kawi? Then what would you say. Seems you are a little brand loyal and try to hard to back up a product you love instead of looking at facts.......

" Who cares if it revs to 17,500 or whatever it is?" Well I sure dont......and........it wouldnt stop be from buying one either........but its still a fact that they tried to say it did something it didn't and that is just plain wrong. To me the new 06 is no better then the 05 other then it looks different. But thats just me.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
who cares, its still a damn good bike.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Mummy Man

i will agree w/ matt on this and ireally don't buy the fly by wire like eurache said until i see it.

as of now i don't see it much better than the other 600's except it looks damn hot.

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 12:00 PM
7c Forever

well there's definatly something to be said for the placebo effect.

still tho, they fucked up huge, and I have no idea how they're gonna recover this one, it's gonna cost them market share period, end of storey.

The press are gonna have a field day on this one, but it IS setting alot faster lap times than last years model, to say that it's last eyars model only different fairings is JUST as much a crock of shit as the 17500 redline is.

for starters, last years model the frame was a wraparound using the motor as a stressed piece. have you looked at the frame on the 06? And I have a hard time believing that they faked the slipper clutch.

the fly by wire I imagine is the same system the M1 uses, it's an engine braking aid, that's all, not a true fly-by wire like the RScube was using.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
I agree Junior.........and I shouldnt have said that. I am sure it is all around a better....more agile bike.

And like I said........none of this would ever stop me from buying the new R6 if I was in the market or one.

I just can't understand why they would make a great bike.....with some improvements........then lie about something so stupid.

I mean to me it's like those people that go shopping at Wal-mart and buy 400 dollars worth of shit.......only to get up to the register and steal a 25cent pack of Juicy Fruit.

But whatever........it's still a GREAT bike.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 01:04 PM

Fascinating read...why do companies persist in trying to lie to customers over this shit? Didn't Yamaha at least learn from Kawasaki's stupidity with the 10r's pre-release polished ports? Dumbasses.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Wheatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
No offense Wheat cause i respect you........but.....

Come on man......What if suzuki did something like this.......or kawi? Then what would you say. Seems you are a little brand loyal and try to hard to back up a product you love instead of looking at facts.......

" Who cares if it revs to 17,500 or whatever it is?" Well I sure dont......and........it wouldnt stop be from buying one either........but its still a fact that they tried to say it did something it didn't and that is just plain wrong. To me the new 06 is no better then the 05 other then it looks different. But thats just me.
True i am Brand loyal.....But i cant take it as a Big deal because all the manufacters Stretch the truth about the Machines they build...Anyone that has owned several bikes know what im saying.... Is it right that they lied, no.....
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 08:13 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
True i am Brand loyal.....But i cant take it as a Big deal because all the manufacters Stretch the truth about the Machines they build...Anyone that has owned several bikes know what im saying.... Is it right that they lied, no.....

Very true of most successful marketing teams/people... The truth is almost always stretched.... and it works, so blame yourself people... lol

Just like the bums on the corners holding the signs..... you think they would stand there if they didn't get any money?? No Way!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
i never quite understood brand loyalty. are you on yamaha's payroll or something?
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:37 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Very true of most successful marketing teams/people... The truth is almost always stretched.... and it works, so blame yourself people... lol
bingo. I grew up in a house with 2 parents in the advertising business, most of that stuff is not outright lies, but it's DEFINATLY stretched truths, and mis-direction. The biggest thing that you'll notice in the powersports industry is that they like to use technological buzz words, "centralized mass" "power to weight" "roll center" "radial forces"

most of this is true yes, but it's like your pilot on your airline flight coming out and saying "this flight will make record time due to an expediated take-off process due to a rubber band powered catapault system... and mild assistance from our 4 jet turbine engines."

these people's career is to make mountains out of molehills, and I think it's our responsibility to see thru that crap and kill that industry (or atleast the technique) because it's moral grey area, and frankly, it's a REAL pissoff that I wouldn't want my kids to have to put up with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode