Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Yamaha to buy back 06 R6s.

http://www.socalsportbikes.info/xmb/....php?tid=35009

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
i figured, that was OBVIOUS false advertising and bullshit. they had to program it in there...

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
i figured, that was OBVIOUS false advertising and bullshit. they had to program it in there...
Yeah I'm unhappy I didn't buy an R6 2005 :

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:54 PM

This is one person's personal comment. Until I see an offical website posting or document I won't believe it until i see it, but until such an event occurs I wouldn't go trying to "scam" Yamaha on a new bike or anything.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Wheatman

Thats total Bolony............I dont believe that for one second.......
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 06:49 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatman
Thats total Bolony............I dont believe that for one second.......

really?

become a believer
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...hreadid=153666

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Yamaha Is offering to buy back so they can't be sued

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 06:53 PM
phil-osepher

exactly what I said on R1-forum

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Wheatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
really?

become a believer
Damn!!! That is just not right...I wouldnt send mine back...

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Ask the Chief

STILL going to buy one. eventually.

it will still tromp anything out there in the 600 class right now. why give that up?

i think just a price decrease or a rebate would be sufficient.

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 08:19 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
STILL going to buy one. eventually.

it will still tromp anything out there in the 600 class right now. why give that up?

i think just a price decrease or a rebate would be sufficient.
But they list a tachometer error. I suppose it won't really make a difference but wouldn't you want a bike that gives youaccurate information about what the engine is doing?

In the end it will still perform, but it would bother me to know it wasn't accurate. That's just me. If they fixed the problem maybe, but not before. IMHO.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 08:19 PM
phil-osepher

dunno....that new gsxr600 is HAWT!

The R6 is still a great bike tho

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 09:15 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony
But they list a tachometer error. I suppose it won't really make a difference but wouldn't you want a bike that gives youaccurate information about what the engine is doing?

In the end it will still perform, but it would bother me to know it wasn't accurate. That's just me. If they fixed the problem maybe, but not before. IMHO.

who cares what the actual number is, you could put the engine speed in there in m/s piston speed and it would be just as usefull, the red is still the red, the rev limiter is still the rev limiter and idle is still idle, the actual number is pretty irrelevant.

you could replace all the numbers with greek letters, and so long as you know how the engine behaves at each one, it would be fine.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 09:24 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
who cares what the actual number is, you could put the engine speed in there in m/s piston speed and it would be just as usefull, .
Right.....but the issue here is Yamaha says: "Buy our bike! It is better because while other bikes only rev to 16k, OURS revs to 17.5K!!"

A false statement, and the extra 1.5k really does matter to some people. There are advantages to revving higher, if there weren't redlines would still be at 10k or so.

The issue isn't that tachs are sometimes off, or that the R6 is a bad bike, it is the misrepresentation of a product by a company in order to generate sales. Yamaha pulled the okie-doke on people, got busted, and people are still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Do you HONESTLY think Yamaha engineers (guys with multiple degrees, the same guys that gave us the R7 and M1) DID NOT know that the bike didn't rev as high as advertised? Do you buy the pre-production versus actual production excuse? Don't you think they put actual production bikes through testing (including dyno testing) before releasing them to the public?

You honestly can't sit here and say it was an honest mistake. If you do, you've just let Yamaha pull the wool over your eyes for the 2nd time.

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Wheatman

This is a Bad thing Yamaha has done, but i Still Love My Brand...I Bleed Blue...At least they have Stepped to the Plate!!!!
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:08 PM
7c Forever

kneedragger, I agree with you 100%, I've worked for them and I don't tolerate that kind of shit from them. Just my point is that KNOWING this, I'd buy one if i was in the market, without being overly concerned about an inaccurate tach. it IS still the best bike in the class. But I wont be buying a new yamaha anything for a long while, to much shit from them lately.

the sled line has been butchered, it's a shadow of it's former glory, they've backpedalled at 10x the speed they've made progress, removing the banshee... I guess it was time, but if you're gonna pull it, we need a cheap and fast 2-stroke replacement for it. There refusal to build a 250 because "2-strokes have bad emmisions" when Bombardiers 2-stroke snowmobile engines have less emmisions and better mileage than yamaha's 4-strokes (so it can obviosly be done).

I will support the used market, but I wont be giving them another number to count.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:09 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatman
This is a Bad thing Yamaha has done, but i Still Love My Brand...I Bleed Blue...At least they have Stepped to the Plate!!!!
loyalty is for dogs and women man. if they throw you the shaft you CAN'T be afraid to flip them the bird by not supporting them, elsewise they'll continue to walk on you.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:13 PM
No Crying Allowed

:sweatdrop

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
junior you are right on!! a bike is a bike...i gave up "this make is better" back in junior high. all the bikes are good nowadays. this disception that yami did really bothers me though...

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 01:58 AM

Hmmm so what are they going to be doign with all these "bought back" bikes??? I think I'll start an '06 R6 rescue kinda like the Pitbull rescue groups.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode