Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Moderator with attitude

Location: Living in Val's Basement temporarily till I get rescued bitches !!!!!

Send a message via MSN to R1biker
Yamaha develops motorcycle exterior light emission technology+

Yamaha develops motorcycle exterior light emission technology+

(Japan Economic Newswire Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge)TOKYO, April 19_(Kyodo) _
Yamaha Motor Co. said Wednesday it has developed a motorcycle exterior decor technology involving a special surface film that stores energy from the sun's rays and emits it in the form of dim light after dusk.

The technology also enables the exterior to give a more vividly stereoscopic impression of the three-dimensional shape of any surface treated with the film, according to the nation's second-ranked motorcycle maker.

The company will use the technology for a special version of its EC-02 electric-power motorcycle that it will release on May 10. Orders for the special version will be accepted until June 30, the company said.

The technology involves pasting a thin film on which graphic patterns are printed onto the exterior of a motorcycle's components in a vacuum chamber.

The technological innovation has given the new film higher durability against rain, heat and scratches, making it appropriate for exterior decoration. Conventional film technologies have been used to decorate the interior of automobiles.

If motorcycle users keep the new EC-02 outdoors during daytime, it will give off a dim light for about an hour after dusk as the film can store energy from the sun, the company said.

The EC-02 will sell for 218,190 yen, including the cost an electricity charger for a battery to power its engine.

A Yahama Motor official said, "If the product proves popular, we will consider applying the new technology to other new motorcycle models."

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2006/04/19/1586067.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
What, no pics?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 05:52 PM
we meat again

Nice idea... but just an hour... what's the point?

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 11:22 PM
7c Forever

keep it in your well lit garage I guess.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 07:02 AM
Fag Patrol Test Monkey

can't wait, wonder if I can get it to match my tire flys?

Huey Lewis & the News KICKS ASS FOO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode