I entered

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/May/060505d.htm

Yamaha Announces USGP Contest
by staff
Friday, May 05, 2006
This just in from Yamaha US:

Yamaha Hosts Customized Sport Bike Contest on Web

Winners get tickets to Laguna Seca MotoGP and Yamaha Party

May 5, 2006, Cypress Calif.- Yamaha Motor Corporation today announced a new customer contest whereby race fans may enter their customized Yamaha sport bike to win one of 100 pairs of full weekend passes to the Red Bull U.S. MotoGP at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on July 21-23rd . To enter, customers must submit photos of their personalized Yamaha sport bikes to the Yamaha website by June 12, 2006. Winners will be judged by Yamaha. In addition to MotoGP tickets, contest winners will also receive a pair of tickets to an exclusive Friday night dinner party with the Yamaha race teams and Yamaha "Weekend of Champions" stars.

"We're very excited about this unique opportunity exclusively for our customers," said Bob Starr, Corporate Communications Manager, "and this contest gives Yamaha owners a chance to showcase their sport bike customization talents to those around the world."

To enter a Yamaha sport bike in the MotoGP and Yamaha party contest or to view customized contest entries, go to www.yamaha-motor.com/motogpcontest

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Ask the Chief

holy crap....i'm on it....

post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Not the best but all I had at this time

I think Mark can win this

Firehawk?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R1.jpg (367.8 KB, 124 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Ask the Chief

did it

post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Ask the Chief

changed the title and made a sticky....

thanks to johnny2wheels!!!!!!!

here's my entry pic....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1452.JPG (139.8 KB, 119 views)

post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

No way will I win but I tried

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/fe...px?id=10&gid=1

yours Mark

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/fe...=11&gid=1&pg=1

Good luck

Last edited by R1Nomad; 05-05-2006 at 07:49 PM.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 05:42 AM
Ask the Chief

cool.....

post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Ask the Chief

bumpity....

no one else gonna enter this?

ahh....i see dylan's bike!

post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

I see a lot of pics with distracting backgrounds, car's and other junk. Hint if you enter take the time to take a nice pic of your bike.

If I win I'm riding up

To bad I won't as not enough mods on the R1

post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Ask the Chief

FZR-400?

look at the GP pipe set up on this thing! absolutely beautiful...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88829_8cb8e.jpg (286.3 KB, 103 views)

post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, except residents of Florida, New York, Puerto Rico and any other US territories and possessions, who are of majority in their legal state of residence (and at least 18 years of age or older) and existing owners of an eligible Yamaha SuperSport Bike which has been customized by the owner as of May 4, 2006.

Void in Florida, New York, Puerto Rico, other US territories and possession and where prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.

So does this mean us Floridians Suck or what
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGPracing
ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, except residents of Florida, New York, Puerto Rico and any other US territories and possessions, who are of majority in their legal state of residence (and at least 18 years of age or older) and existing owners of an eligible Yamaha SuperSport Bike which has been customized by the owner as of May 4, 2006.

Void in Florida, New York, Puerto Rico, other US territories and possession and where prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.

So does this mean us Floridians Suck or what
Maybe yamaha thought if they included Fl the site would be overloaded with squid chromed out bikes :

post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Maybe I should have entered with this pic?

Mine so far is the only 02 with all blue Graves racing scheme, Mike from Catalyst racing matched the paint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R1.jpg (240.5 KB, 90 views)

post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Ask the Chief

naw....too late now.

few pretty nice bikes showing up over there....great competition.

gonna do a few things to her before the GP....pretty sure i'm going to pick up a set of two-piece brembo monos. just can't take the front end anymore. need to re-anodize a few things too. still have the streaks in the black powdercoated stuff, but haven't made an honest effort to buff it out yet. also got a full radiator that i need to mount up.

should be a fun weekend!!!!!!!

post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
the only thing somewhat funny is that it's a motogp contest and the bikes they show you couldn't take around a motogp track faster than a stock bike could go LOL

call me crazy, but a motogp contest should show some track bikes and i hope to hell a track bike wins it...like motogpboy's, firehawk's, rorlows, etc...some super tricked out track bike should win that contest...

post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
the only thing somewhat funny is that it's a motogp contest and the bikes they show you couldn't take around a motogp track faster than a stock bike could go LOL

call me crazy, but a motogp contest should show some track bikes and i hope to hell a track bike wins it...like motogpboy's, firehawk's, rorlows, etc...some super tricked out track bike should win that contest...

What about mine? No options for my mods so just ticked off what was there. I've got Power Comander, Graves Stacks, slide stop kit, Cataylst Racing Ram Air box, Galfer HH brake pads, CRG levers, KN air fliter, Scotts oil filter and fiberglass bodywork with carbon hugger and udetail. Custom paint to match Graves Yamaha racing team. I hope I win : I may sell it though as not sure I can make it

post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

40,000? How?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/fe...138&gid=1&pg=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 153006_03200.jpg (261.0 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by R1Nomad; 05-13-2006 at 09:25 AM.
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 09:32 AM
I dont inhale

kinda strange a bike that looks exactly like mine but its from nj http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/fe...156&gid=1&pg=1

post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
what sucks is i hope some f'n paintjob doesn't win it...but if you look at the bikes on the main page they used i think it might...hard to show internal engine mods, rear shocks, etc...might go to who's looks the best...nothing but a bike show! i hope i'm wrong though

post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
what sucks is i hope some f'n paintjob doesn't win it...but if you look at the bikes on the main page they used i think it might...hard to show internal engine mods, rear shocks, etc...might go to who's looks the best...nothing but a bike show! i hope i'm wrong though

Who cares as long as its somebody from this site

125 winners will be picked so how many of those will be R1? 20? I want to win

Free parking at the track, dinner with the race team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode