Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
Moderator with attitude

Location: Living in Val's Basement temporarily till I get rescued bitches !!!!!

Send a message via MSN to R1biker
2006 Jamie James Yamaha R6

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...D=3875&Page=1#
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JamieJames_R6_main.jpg (173.4 KB, 48 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 05:55 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Nice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 06:15 AM
phil-osepher

i'm sorry, that is a cool bike but that can just doesnt look like it is supposed to be there. Almost like an afterthought, here lets just put this loaf of bread on the swingarm and call it an exhaust...

Just like the undertail, yet another copy of motogp technology for sales purposes... I bet you could run a traditional side mount exhaust on that beatch and get the same gains, with minimal mass centralization side effects

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 07:03 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
none of jamie james stuff has ever really impressed me...congrats you can bolt stuff on like every other forum guru

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 07:15 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
none of jamie james stuff has ever really impressed me...congrats you can bolt stuff on like every other forum guru
I'm not sure on this one, but typically he does much more than just bolt on's. Although he will not share all the details or tricks of the trade that he does.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 07:31 AM
I dont inhale

the suspension is custom valved, he does/did work for ohlins and he does some head work otherwise its bolt ons, nothing you couldnt do for many $$$$ less

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 08:31 AM
Ask the Chief

i'm with ya....that thing would look awesome without the sidepipe. would be nice if they could finally condense the whole pipe in the lower fairing, and just have a small exit pipe (kind of like the MCM....but not). with the technology out there, seems they could find a way to combine a catalytic and muffler into one.

i would imagine a lower fairing pipe would also cause a whole new set of issues....

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
I'm not sure on this one, but typically he does much more than just bolt on's. Although he will not share all the details or tricks of the trade that he does.
If I had the dough I would own one. Some very serious accolades have come out of the mouths of journalist and people who have ridden them.

My goal is to do what he does. Make a real world ultra purposeful super 'street' bike.

I'm trying with my bike, but the engine work he does is beyond my means.

Yes the mods can be slapped on just as, but it is the internal work AND the mods that make amazing bikes.

My mods are ghey...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Mummy Man

donnie: i've yet to see any internal work. all the r1's i've seen are ALL bolt ons.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 02:00 PM

Really?!

I thought they had the engines flowed, valves lapped etc....

If that is the case, clearly not worth the dough.

My mods are ghey...
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Mummy Man

go read the mods...everything i've seen...all bolt ons...nothing impressive really...

to make it so you and me think it would be worth it we would want the parts put on for free LOL because we could easily do it like firehawk said, but he has to charge labor, etc...yah, not worht it. you're just paying for someone to put the mods on for you is all

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Mummy Man

yah you're right r1lover they clean the chambers and put a thinnger hg on...yippy. the bottom end is bone stock though!

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 03:01 PM
No Crying Allowed

Here are some of the engine mods on an R1

1. Cylinder Head Porting
2. Combustion Chambers Blended
3. Yamaha Racing Kit Head Gasket
4. Racing Valve Job
5. Degreed Camshafts
6. Carbon Fiber Clutch
8. Slipper Clutch
9. Servo Replacment

You can see all of them on his site http://www.jjpracing.com//YZFR12005.html

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Ask the Chief

damn corey....stick to selling pazzo's...

j/k bro...

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 03:34 PM
Mummy Man

firehawk: take your block out, take it to lees or anywhere and for a grand you'll get that...still a stock bottom end. for the price he wants...sorry, but i want more than stock crank,pistons, etc...like i said for a grand a grand you don't even have to take your head off if you take them your engine.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Mummy Man

stock cams to. call me crazy but when doing headwork i want to see the head or have pics as it's too easy to tell me you did and then...*cough* you know how it is...nothing he does in there is major enough to really notice it so i guess i'm a bit skeptical. stock cams, stock pistons, etc...and you're already in there. BUILD IT UP imo...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode