Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

2007 R1 Heat Issues

One reason I sold my 04 R1 was the heat issue... the heat from the motor and clutch were too much on my right leg when it was 80 or above outside.

I was hoping the 07 would be better, but it's not... I just came home from Lake Tahoe this afternoon and in the mountains where it was 65-75 it was perfect riding weather, but when I got home to the 85 degree heat... damn that's one hot mother in traffic. I split lanes all the way home and parked that hot bitch.

I never did ride in the heat above 90 anyway as I don't like to be that hot, but this is certainly a cool weather riding bike.

Rant off.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Ta Moko

Sorry to hear that

I'll trade you my 02 R1 for it

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Ya it sucks.... that is one thing I miss abotu my 00 R1.... it ran pretty damn cool even in the heat.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 06:10 PM
I'll Inspect Your Gadget

so.....
R1Lover... honestly

what can be done about this?

sorry......
why in the hell couldn't they make it cooler.... seriously
it was a WELL-KNOWN problem with recent years

hmmmmmmmm

Greg
'07 BMW K1200GT + '07 MV Agusta Brutale 910R
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Nothing can be done about it, it's a result of the high HP machines and high compression. I just like to bitch about it is all, I knew it would be like this and I would buy it again, but it's still not something I like about it.

You just have to deal with it the best you can.

For me that means not riding in 85+ degree heat.

Which is fine as I will ride in the morning and then head to the lake in the afternoon.

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
You would love that bike here as it is snowing and here again.

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I'll Inspect Your Gadget

well.....
that's presents a difficult problem in this area
it's over 85.... for 6 months ever year around here
often over 83 at 0700... for at least 3-4 months

i suppose the K7 won't be any different
or maybe..... just maybe, those HIDEOUS dual OUTBOARD cans will make this bike more RIDEABLE in the hot summer days....

no?

Greg
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I'm pretty sure the K7 will be the same....... they are both maxed out pumped up high compression engines.

If I lived where you do, I would be riding my V-Rod everywhere... lol

But then again almost all bikes are hot in the summer.

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 09:04 PM

I miss living in Tahoe. Epic riding north, south, east, and west.

49, Bucks Lake, Mt. Rose ascent, and Virginia City loop every motorcyclist should do once. Sonora, Ebbets, and Monitor passes also should be on the list.

Lame deal on the 07 heat. I thought the new aero package was supposed to fix that.

My mods are ghey...
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdonniedarkox View Post
I mis
Lame deal on the 07 heat. I thought the new aero package was supposed to fix that.

yes but only when riding fast, slow traffic you'll cook

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Yes, on the highway it's always about 160-170 depending on the temp outside.... but when you get under 60 mph it starts to cook.

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member

J/K sucks to have a sweet bike in the garage that you cant ride because its nice outside...
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrds10 View Post

J/K sucks to have a sweet bike in the garage that you cant ride because its nice outside...

No I'm riding it........ I just make it in the mornings when it's that hot outside.

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Yea where i live (Southern California) we have 110 - 120 degree days for several weeks at a time. It can get a bit hot a times. I guess i have just learned to live with it though.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrds10 View Post
Yea where i live (Southern California) we have 110 - 120 degree days for several weeks at a time. It can get a bit hot a times. I guess i have just learned to live with it though.

Ya, we get that too, but only about 100-115 or so... at that time I am either in my Office with the a/c going or at home with the a/c going though...

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Advanced Member

Yea i hear you on that one

I spend most of my spare time in the summer at my place in Havasu because of the heat. Nothing better than a nice 250 mile ride to the river on a bike in 115 degree weather
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 02:51 AM
I'll Inspect Your Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post

But then again almost all bikes are hot in the summer.

i'm sure that V-rod would be VERY FUN

as for the heat in summer....

that is true
my K1200GT seems to be quite cool in the heat....
the can is BELOW and BEHIND saddle bag and.....
they've done quite a bit in the way of venting... even at a light

not sure how

Greg
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
that sucks r1lover, did a full exhaust help on the 04? wonder if that will help or maybe wrapping the ehxaust?

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Do the undertails really produce that much heat? I heard the hotbodies undertail for the R6 absolutely suck with the heat so bad it has melted plastic.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Yes removing the cat will help for sure.... but 90% of the heat is from the engine - NOT THE exhaust.

As for the underseat exhaust.... I feel nothing from that at all.

The engine is the issue, so wrapping the exhaust will do nothing to cool the engine.

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode