Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Frame buttresses

anybody seen what the superbike teams where doing for frame buttressing on the 04-06's?

if I remember right there wasn't a whole lot that was needed, but I don't even recall which direction they where buttressing in, or where. If anybody's got any info I'd be appreciative.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:36 PM
No Crying Allowed

Call me stupid but I have no idea what you are talking about?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
anybody seen what the superbike teams where doing for frame buttressing on the 04-06's?

if I remember right there wasn't a whole lot that was needed, but I don't even recall which direction they where buttressing in, or where. If anybody's got any info I'd be appreciative.
Believe it or not Junior I was trying to get piccys of the Hondas and Yamahas naked at the TT. A lot of times late in the afternoon they closed the marques so rubber neckers like me couldn't take piccys.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 PM

If I recall right, it was around the headstock. For better feel under severe breaking. Many use Magnesium top triple tree's for more flex and subsequent feel. Crazy stuff. Ben Spies did this a while ago....

Why do you ask, are you going to do this?...and if so post some pics

My mods are ghey...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

if I can get some solid data on where the flex is, yea I'll do it. I can see the frame has been flexing slightly around the headstock. particularly on the bottom.

odds are the triples will be billet 6061. I COULD go 7175-T76 if it was gonna be a real issue. Trick is that I don't wanna stiffen it up so much that it chatters like a motherfucker. I suppose I could always swiss cheese the bastard if it's too stiff.

R1Lover. this is about welding in fitted pieces of sheet metal onto the frame in order to strengthen it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode