Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

View Poll Results: Which exhaust will look the best on the R71?
Akrapovic replacement can 10 32.26%
MIVV GP-style can 21 67.74%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Exhaust can for the R1....final two

What do you guys think? Only two pipes I'm going to go with

1) replacement Akrapovic carbon fiber can like my old one

2) Italian-made MIVV GP-style pipe

both will run about the same price.

I'm partial to the old can I had, but I'm really curious about how the MIVV would look. I also confirmed the MIVV will fit on my Akra header (54mm).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 04:57 PM
No Crying Allowed

I like the Akra name, but I love the way the second one looks...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Thanks R1Lover

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

High-quality looking exhausts too...

http://www.mivv.it/moto_usa/sport_gp.asp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2marmittegp.jpg (51.2 KB, 8 views)

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
7c Forever

#2 for my vote. Maybe get rid of the sticker if you can.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Navy Guy

2nd pipe looks cooler!

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 08:17 PM
we meat again

I like the style of #2, but why not Termignoni? They have the same style too...

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

MIVV pipe minus the MIVV Badge

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 08:26 PM
we meat again

:corn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg termi_gp_slipon.jpg (48.7 KB, 14 views)

¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
I'm partial to the old can I had, but I'm really curious about how the MIVV would look. I also confirmed the MIVV will fit on my Akra header (54mm).
oops... nevermind about the Termi, I just read this part... :

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
oops... nevermind about the Termi, I just read this part... :
Right....and the part I'm trying to avoid is doing any sort of custom fab work to get the damn thing to fit. Termi doesn't make R1 exhausts for anything older than 2004 (at least I couldn't find anything). So, I'd be buying a "GP" style Termi for another bike/model, and just hoping that I could get it to fit.

Termi GP pipe = $850

MIVV GP pipe = $350

Gotta pay for my brakelines somehow...

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:52 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
i like the akro + like I said ill give it to your..free... just gotta wait till get back...

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Random Sample

I'll say MIVV. It looks better and I like the exhaust note.

NO LOAD
[MEDIA]

Last edited by Statik; 10-16-2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: forgot to use media tags
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

SHIT.....listen to the Gixxer....WOW.

[media]

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1stunner View Post
i like the akro + like I said ill give it to your..free... just gotta wait till get back...
Hey...no worries Gunny. I might still take that pipe off your hands anyway. :

Is good to have spares if you don't want it.

When you coming home?

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 08:30 AM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
SHIT.....listen to the Gixxer....WOW.

Nice!

But I think it's the Suzuki engine differences. The OO/O1 750 with Yosh Tri-Oval can I used to have sounded so much deeper/louder than the O2 R1 with Akra race can when you just rev it like that, yes I know it's different cans, but someone I know with a Yosh Tri-Oval can on a R1 still doesn't sound as loud as the Suzuki 750.

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Go with the MIVV. It looks tits.

Just call me Captain Crash...

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
sent you the price of the akra, that other can does look damn sweet on there though...

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
sent you the price of the akra, that other can does look damn sweet on there though...
Thanks bro. Just having a really hard time deciding, and wanted to see what the general consensus was. Of course, there's no way to tell what the MIVV is going to look like (because of the black frame/R7 fairings I use), so mounting it up is the only way to go. I can easily sell it over on the R1F if I don't like it. And....I'll peel the decal off. First thing I'll do. I'm going to keep the Akra decals on the fairings since I'll still be running an Akra header and midpipe.

The original bike I modeled mine to look like (Haga's 1999 R7) ran the carbon fiber long Akra canister.

The MIVV I ordered will be here on the 30th, and I'll mount it up. We'll revisit this thread again. If I don't like the way it looks, I'll be grabbing an Akra can from you Corey. Show isn't until December 7th, so hopefully a month + is plenty of time to get one.

Just like always when I buy things for this bike, I buy something, hate the way it looks, then get something else and sell the old one on eBay/R1F. It's a long and cumbersome process, but I get what I want.

Found my undertail too....I'll update that thread.

Thanks all!!!

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 02:47 AM
Advanced Member

really partial to the akro on your R71, it just fits the bike scheme better :r1budha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode