Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

All new R1 for 2009?

Hi guys/girls

New to the forum, from Perth, Western Australia.

I have the R1 2007 model, and looking at the new 08 R1, however having only cosmetic changes i wont be ugrading.

Do you think the 09 R1 will be a all new bike or do you think they will leave it to 2010 for the new one?

I know they left the 04-05-06 the same so wasnt sure if they will leave it 3 years again for a new design...

Your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
they are going to have to, to keep up with the competition. Honda took it up a huge notch..
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 02:34 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
they are going to have to, to keep up with the competition. Honda took it up a huge notch..
Especially in the ugly looks department...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Welcome aboard!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 06:09 AM
I dont inhale

i think yamaha will do a major revision in 09, but not a new bike

they have really been focusing on the chassis the last few years, and are a little behind with the motor at least in stock form. They need to work on that

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Ask the Chief

(closes eyes, puts fingertips to forehead....)

Yeap...I'd look for the new 09 R1 to get

~ Lighter (wheels will weigh just ounces, using a special aluminum paper filler (tin foil) in the spokes)
~ Faster revving, similar to the powerband of the R6. Will also come with a 51 tooth rear sprocket to get the bike "moving" in lower gears.
~ Come with first generation traction control (which will subsequently give the bike massive throttle response problems and take Yamaha 6 months to recognize/fix/recall, not to mention all the squids that will bitch that they can no longer 'spin up the rear wheel' on their favorite country two-lane road)
~ Come with a disclaimer that one 'heavy impact on the front wheel' (i.e. "wheelie") will immediately result in catastrophic frame failure.
~ And.....will give the CBR1000RR a run for its money in the ugly department, even though the CBR has that battle won hands-down.

Last edited by Firehawk; 10-17-2007 at 06:44 PM.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 08:13 AM

I think they will have no choice but to release an all-new R1 in 2009...

:corn
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
(closes eyes, puts fingertips to forehead....)

Yeap...I'd look for the new 09 R1 to get

~ Lighter (wheels will weigh just ounces, using a special aluminum paper filler in the spokes)
~ Faster revving, similar to the powerband of the R6. Will also come with a 51 tooth rear sprocket to get the bike "moving" in lower gears.
~ Come with first generation traction control (which will subsequently give the bike massive throttle response problems and take Yamaha 6 months to recognize/fix/recall, not to mention all the squids that will bitch that they can no longer 'spin up the rear wheel' on their favorite country two-lane road)
~ Come with a disclaimer that one 'heavy impact on the front wheel' (i.e. "wheelie") will immediately result in catastrophic frame failure.
~ And.....will give the CBR1000RR a run for its money in the ugly department, even though the CBR has that battle won hands-down.

Thanks Nostra-dumbass!!!

Just call me Captain Crash...

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeR1 View Post
Thanks Nostra-dumbass!!!

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Thanks Nostra-dumbass!!!

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 10:22 AM
No Crying Allowed

I'm sure it will have a couple of changes, but nothing major imo... 2010 is the new breakout year imo.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Thanks Nostra-dumbass!!!
Was wondering where my new nick came from....

jesus....cannya guys take a yoke?

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 04:44 AM

2010 is a nice round number, and the R1 seem`s to come in three`s, my guess is they will bring out the 09 with mild mods, and then a special edition like the 06, then in 2010 they will revamp and keep the kick arse name that Yamaha is.
Thats when ill sell my 07 and start again.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE MOFO View Post
2010 is a nice round number, and the R1 seem`s to come in three`s, my guess is they will bring out the 09 with mild mods, and then a special edition like the 06, then in 2010 they will revamp and keep the kick arse name that Yamaha is.
Thats when ill sell my 07 and start again.

Welcome to the site MOFO !!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 10:32 AM

we're starting this already!
it is not even February 08
they can't make the bike any prettier
maybe they'll go to a Vtwin so they can have a crack at Ducati and the WSB championship
what more can they put on the bike?
traction control?
better mirrors?
HUD to your helmet visor?
OE saddle bags?
no sign of a LE version yet
any suggestions?
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 AM
No Crying Allowed

A v-twin would be awesome...

I'm all for that!

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Will you buy one if it comes in a V-twin? :corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard View Post
we're starting this already!
it is not even February 08
they can't make the bike any prettier
maybe they'll go to a Vtwin so they can have a crack at Ducati and the WSB championship
what more can they put on the bike?
traction control?
better mirrors?
HUD to your helmet visor?
OE saddle bags?
no sign of a LE version yet
any suggestions?

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Jray02r1

v twin----->that would suck

gear indicator, more power, adjustable rearsets(like the zook), fuel gauge, traction control...all would be nice to see ill keep my 04 for a couple more years tho...

World Famous Postwhore...R1F...YamahaF
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Mr.

yamaha YZF 1298 RR v-twin 200bhp rev limit at 17,000 6-speed reverse shift pattern dry clutch. color would be '' team blue'' ''raven'' an LE model in all clear coated carbonfiber.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Especially in the ugly looks department...
Not wrong bud, the upper fairing looks fine, but the lower

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode