Yamaha Yamaha Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

07 R1 Aust and US Model

I am going to order a new headlight of EBAY to replace my chipped one.

Does anyone know or can anyone confirm the headlights are the same for the Australian and US model.

From looking at pictures they do look the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Ask the Chief

I can't imagine they'd change the shape of the headlight. However, I tried looking for the parts catalog at the Yamaha Austraila homepage, and they don't list one. They do, however, list the parts catalog on the Yamaha USA homepage here: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

Hope that helps a little.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks mate

I ordered it anyway, touch wood its all good, the supplier said there the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Ask the Chief

cool. good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
One thought is that being on different sides of the road, the beam trajectories will be different. A friend just shipped his VFR800 to the UK and had to purchase British spec headlights from the Middle East (right side of the road) to pass MOT.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
One thought is that being on different sides of the road, the beam trajectories will be different. A friend just shipped his VFR800 to the UK and had to purchase British spec headlights from the Middle East (right side of the road) to pass MOT.
Yeah i pondered about that too....

Only good thing is i dont need to take my bike over the pits, and as long as the light is still pretty decent im not to fussed

thanks though
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
Let us know if you notice a difference in them though...i'm curious as well.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

will do
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 03:43 AM

Low beam is designed to reduce glare to oncoming traffic. The shape of the light beam glass/lenses is for that very reason.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Ok finally recieved my headlight from US and guess what, i ordered the right hand head light, he sent the left hand head light arggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:13 PM

Waiting nearly three weeks and you get the wrong one, that sucks a bit.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Yeah just waiting to get correspondence from them about returning it for the correct headlight.

Oh well, life goes on!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode