Kawasaki Kawasaki Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

2008 Zx-10r

Well guys, have put about 1,900 miles on 'er...

Here's a few comments....

Bike handles incredibly...this bike will absolutely run circles around my heavily modified '04 even with all the suspension work...

I can go through the tight twisties with only one hand on the bars....hanging off makes me look like a pro... (well almost)...

It sits higher than the '04r and I don't like that....at least 1 - 1 1/2" higher...

The mirrors actually work!!! and I love that they fold in when I put it in the garage....

The quick electrical connect to the tail to remove for track days isn't quick connect....

Same for the mirror turn signals....NOT quick connect....they are almost there but need work there...

Motor is like an electric motor....soooo smooth and much power, but the power is just starting to come on....

Kit ECU doesn't work with the stock pipe as the damn servo is in the way....have to wait until the Akropovic arrives (full system on order) before I hook that up and custom map it...

Nice riding a QUIET bike....

More bad news...you CAN"T go GP shift on this bike....Arata and Attack won't work on the lower setting which is what I need...had to go back to regular shift and I HATE IT!!!

Brakes are incredible....this bike doesn't need SS lines, although I had them put on anyways...

Riding position is more cramped....may have to buy stock in Aleve....

Wind turbulence is LESS with the stock set up than my '04 with a double bubble....I am leaving that alone...

Damn motor RF sets off my radar detector (laser) all the time and had to send it in to be recalibrated.

May go + 1 or +2 in the rear - haven't decided as the '04 was -1 front and this is so different....

Steve
'11 Green Kawi ZX-10R ABS

Last edited by Older Guy; 04-10-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 PM

Great review!

P.S. Time to update the year in your profile...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

oops, done..thx...

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:46 AM

You've almost sold me...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

Yeah good write up. We went up to the Kawi dealer to pick up my wifes plate/tag(for baby ninja) today.

Got to sit on the 08 zx10r, was kinda cool. Fit's me real nice! Wish it would have been green, and wish I had an extra 11,500 in my pocket.......... Would have been another Saturday drive coming home with a bike
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
So where are the piccys Steve....!!!!! Pull ya finger out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Advanced Member

where is the "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS" smiley

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

I dropped it off at Shogun who used it to design sliders for it....now has some that are a bit shorter that this picture...also took some dark smoke headlight film and covered the ucky front turn signals so that are much more stealthy now..,.,

Pipe is on order...

Steve

Last edited by Older Guy; 04-13-2008 at 08:02 AM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 01:52 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Just happy to be here!

Well, got my Puig Z Racing screen and my ASV "Webbers" (as my little niece says) installed. The ASV's are really a trick and functional item and the screen works better than expected...totally eliminates turbulance. Thanks, Corey! I'll get up pics as soon as it stops raining....too dark to take good pics in the garage.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXHOOLIGAN View Post
Well, got my Puig Z Racing screen and my ASV "Webbers" (as my little niece says) installed. The ASV's are really a trick and functional item and the screen works better than expected...totally eliminates turbulance. Thanks, Corey! I'll get up pics as soon as it stops raining....too dark to take good pics in the garage.
you know those guys on the zx10 forum figured out a way to put the turn signals in the corners of the headlights so you can take the housing off the mirrors and it looks good

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I dont inhale

wtf didnt it come like that stock, much better

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
you know those guys on the zx10 forum figured out a way to put the turn signals in the corners of the headlights so you can take the housing off the mirrors and it looks good

Do they still have the park lights as well or am I seeing a light reflection...either way it looks a lot neater.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
most likely due to DOT regulations about blinker placement. There are rules governing height from ground, distance from headlights, etc..

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
idk but i think they have the instructions on how they did it somewhere on the zx-10r.net forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode