Honda Honda Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

06 Honda pics

http://www.hrcusa.com/photogallery.a...9-bc321775a3af

Some new pics of the Honda's...

Pics are kinda shitty but you can get an idea.. The NSF100 Looks like a pretty cool little bike..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 12:16 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
sweeeeeeeet

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Ask the Chief

that blue/yellow CBR combo still looks like ass.

no likey.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk

no likey.
You need to have your optics prescription updated pal. I LOVE the blue yellow!!!!
(take it for what its worth I think my gixxer is gorgeous too lol)
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 12:41 PM

Man those are some sweeeet new bikes honda has... I think I may have to get a honda the next round of new bikes.. Next year the R1 is going to bring the hammer down though I have a feeling. It will one up the suzuki K5 by 8hp and people will go nuts, it will have a slipper clutch, and probably a brand new look that will be hated by some and loved by most. Thats exciting, I was a little bummed this year.. sort of a boring year (2006 models).
2007 or 2008 I'll get a new bike, keep the K5 as my tracker.

God I love motorcycles.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
Quote:

no likey.
You need to have your optics prescription updated pal. I LOVE the blue yellow!!!!
your gixxer is gorgeous......just a difference in taste. : s

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
the red and black is
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound
the red and black is
I like the Silver one too!
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 03:11 PM

sweet looking bikes
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
Quote:

no likey.
You're kidding right? I'm a yellow bikes lover and I found that's one of ugliest looking yellow schemes ever... looks really weird imo, just not enough yellow on it to balance the blue out, either that or it has a little too much yellow for an all-blue bike... Maybe I need to see it in another angle first...

And they call that CBR1000RR "all new"?
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 05:21 PM

thx 4 the pix
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

NP.. I picked it up from a VFR site Did any of you check out the VFR? Probly not right?.. LMAO
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Rookie again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Jet
NP.. I picked it up from a VFR site Did any of you check out the VFR? Probly not right?.. LMAO
I like it. Even though I haven't rideen it yet, a buddy just bought an 05 and it's a nice looking bike. I've been more brand loyal to Honda over the years than anything else, if that makes sense?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 07:45 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

I'd consider buying a VFR. In fact, I'm looking at them, but I think for the kind of cross-country riding I want to do with my wife, she wouldn't be very comfortable on the back.

Plus, I'm guessing the VFR might be a bit too small for my liking.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

It ain't small in terms of weight. Although shes very, very well balanced. Once you get her going I don't really notice the weight. Then when I get on my buddies 600rr it feels like a pocketbike. Fjorn they are great for two up riding. If you wanted to you could also get the corbin and lady which comes with a backrest for your wife. The only complaint I've heard about two up riding is if your chubby like over 250 it's not the best. But then again I would expect that. :corn

That said, there is nothinng, I repeat nothing, like the sound of the V4. The guy that rides the RR likes to ride behind just to hear the exhaust note.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 07:54 AM

250 is "chubby"

Have you ridden and R1, and how does it compare to that? As aggressive seating, or more relaxed? Weight I'm not overly concerned with. I think it's lighter than the FJR, but it's also smaller in size as well. As to comfort, that's the #1 thing for the wife. I don't want Gold Wind comfort and sacrifice handling in the corners because of it.

I've heard the VFR's, and they do sound pretty sweet. I'm just thinking of comfort and handling on those cross country rides.

Right now, I'm debating between the VFR and FJR. I'm leaning towards the FJR because of the larger engine, more comfortable seating for passenger and operator, as well as it comes with hard saddlebags.

Whatever I buy, I really don't want to drop a lot of money into it with aftermarket parts to make it what I want. I'd rather spend the money up front to get it.

Damn, I am getting
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn
250 is "chubby"

Have you ridden and R1, and how does it compare to that? As aggressive seating, or more relaxed? Weight I'm not overly concerned with. I think it's lighter than the FJR, but it's also smaller in size as well. As to comfort, that's the #1 thing for the wife. I don't want Gold Wind comfort and sacrifice handling in the corners because of it.

I've heard the VFR's, and they do sound pretty sweet. I'm just thinking of comfort and handling on those cross country rides.

Right now, I'm debating between the VFR and FJR. I'm leaning towards the FJR because of the larger engine, more comfortable seating for passenger and operator, as well as it comes with hard saddlebags.

Whatever I buy, I really don't want to drop a lot of money into it with aftermarket parts to make it what I want. I'd rather spend the money up front to get it.

Damn, I am getting
The FJR is an amazing machine.....

perfectly balanced, and easy to ride for short semi-sggressive rides, or for long cross country trips.....

Personally only the ST100 compares to it, and i think it still falls a little short...

you should talk to fartknocker, he owns an st1100 that he's put a shit load of miles on...

oh and it's a v4 iirc

:
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn
250 is "chubby"
it is if you're 5' tall............

:
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:04 AM

st1100, that's the CBRXX or 1100 "Blackbird" isn't it?

The things you discussed about the FJR is exactly why I'm considering one. I should see about talking to a friend of mine and seeing if he'll let me ride his FJR for a day or so. I'm sure I'd fall in love with it right away.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

LMAO.. I am getting too, but if you are looking for the best compromise I don't think you would complaining about the Vif. All day comfort and when you get to the twisties it'll still hold it's own. From what I've read is this in regards to the two if your looking more for a bike that's more of a tourer get the FJR if your looking to get more sport get the VFR. It does handle pretty well.

here's a good link for ya..

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/i...howtopic=15593

That said, I've owned an 01 R1 and you can't really compare the two. They are both purpose built. One for racing, and one to do it all. I miss the power that my R1 had but I like the ride the VFR has. I have a feeling that if I sold my VFR and got an R1 I'd be kicking myself after yet I still want one.. :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode