Yes: tell Mrs. Warp that I want another bike and buy it 2 28.57%
Yes: but tell don't tell Mrs. Warp, buy it and hide it 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
2004 Rc51 Sp2

It looks like I will be in the market for a 2nd hand RC51 SP2 in the next month or so. I'm still keeping my 04R1 though for street duties. I know the complete history of this SP2 (one owner: a friend, who was a newb and has never raced it let alone pushed it overly hard). The bike got lowsided but with only cosmetic damage and has been patched and repainted, apart that is from some scuff marks on the rightside frame cradle, but nothing deep or threatening looking. I want this bike as a track & street bike and it already has installed PCIII USB, Speedo Healer, full Jardine 2-1 Race System and a very young engine..something like 15,000kms on the clocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Last edited by Warp Racer; 07-07-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 01:28 AM

You sure you can get away with not telling Mrs. Warp?

If you do get one, always make sure it's a SP2...

Another option is, sell your R1 to get more funds, and get the RC-61... :
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
You sure you can get away with not telling Mrs. Warp?

If you do get one, always make sure it's a SP2...

Another option is, sell your R1 to get more funds, and get the RC-61... :
: the poll is for laughs bud and my r1 is good condition with only 13,000kms on the clocks and always garaged. My thoughts are towards trading with it...hmmm..tough descision though.

Warp=> <= Buy another bike voice in my head

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
: the poll is for laughs bud and my r1 is good condition with only 13,000kms on the clocks and always garaged. My thoughts are towards trading with it...hmmm..tough descision though.

Warp=> <= Buy another bike voice in my head
You should wait to see what Honda has for 2008... rumors said the Fireblade might be a V4, and rumors said Honda might be coming out with a RC-61... :corn
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
You should wait to see what Honda has for 2008... rumors said the Fireblade might be a V4, and rumors said Honda might be coming out with a RC-61... :corn
Yeah, probably a good idea....I'll have to wait and see how my urges go in the next few months though.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Yeah, probably a good idea....I'll have to wait and see how my urges go in the next few months though.
2 - 3 months of wait isn't that long...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:14 AM
phil-osepher

if you want it, go for it. The bike will serve you well and you will have a blast on the street and on the track. As long as you aren't looking to set the world on fire and recognize that the bike is heavy, "down on power" compared to modern 600's etc etc you will be fine. I find it a joy to ride

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
its always nice to have a extra bike!!!! DO IT~

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
if you want it, go for it. The bike will serve you well and you will have a blast on the street and on the track. As long as you aren't looking to set the world on fire and recognize that the bike is heavy, "down on power" compared to modern 600's etc etc you will be fine. I find it a joy to ride
Your exactly right bud I don't want to set the world on fire with it, I just want to enjoy the ride, modify it within my budget and have a blast on the road/tracK. What did you think of the website I showed you Knee?

Last edited by Warp Racer; 07-08-2007 at 09:04 PM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

This is the bike I want, the only visual difference now is the 2-1 Jardine system and its painted black.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Ask the Chief

that color scheme is BAD ASS....

very nice looking bike

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
...hmmmm, usually they develop bikes for homologation in general terms.

Any links on this?

My mods are ghey...
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdonniedarkox View Post
...hmmmm, usually they develop bikes for homologation in general terms.

Any links on this?
Not much about the RC61, except like someone already mentioned on the forum that Dan Kyle has registered all RC61.com, RC61.net, and RC61.org domains. If you do a whois on these domains, you can see he registered them just a little more than a week ago. Maybe he really does know something, or he's just making a guess...

And about the 2008 Fireblade, rumors has been circulating around for a while now, if you google "2008 Fireblade", you can see a few forums talking about it and you will find a few "photochopped" ones from different magazines. As usual, nothing is official yet, I will only believe when I see the official release or maybe if I see a reliable leak from someone inside Honda...

:corn
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
That or the coming Aprilia V-4 :corn
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
That or the coming Aprilia V-4 :corn

I'd love an Aprilia but I'm not filthy rich like you MV

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 AM

Quote:
I'd love an Aprilia but I'm not filthy rich like you MV
Rich, me?

I'm not rich, bitch
Crazy? Perhaps, but not rich

Anyway, you can always wait for the Aprilia V-4 to come out, sell the R1 and with the money you're going to spend on the SP2, buy the V-4 :
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:33 PM

The RC 51 is a cool machine and like everyone has pointed out 2002 and up only
Almost bought one but an 04 R1 came up and if I was paying 1000cc Supersport Insurance might as well be on the 04 bike of the year
Still would like a chance at owning one even if it is only for one season
Anyone out there in Canada willing to rent one to me for a season?
Trust me it won't go over 150 km/h and I will keep the chicken strips to a maximum 1" wide band
anyone? let me know

good luck on your search!!!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 07:52 PM

i say keep the R1 and buy the honda

BTW here's a pic

two is better than one
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

I'll give you my complimentary...YOU BASTARD...lucky sod

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I'll give you my complimentary...YOU BASTARD...lucky sod

i got lucky and found the SP2 for sale about two weeks ago , the price was so good i could not say no

i must say it's fun to ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode