Honda Honda Sport Bike Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

2009 cbr 600rr

• Changes to piston, cylinder head and exhaust which lead to improved torque from 8,000-12,000rpm for increased engine flexibility and driveability
• Fairing improvements to enhance stability and reduce wind noise
• Electronically controlled Combined ABS for better braking performance along with increased safety and all-round rider confidence (optional)
• 184kg kerb weight to keep the machine the lightest in its class

Colors:

Graphite Black / Italian Red
Graphite Black / Bright Lime Green Metallic
Pearl Sunbeam White / ''''Tricolour'''' (White/Red/Blue)
Pearl Sunbeam White / Electric Blue fairing (Limited Edition)

Engine:

For 2009, changes have been made to the piston, cylinder head and muffler to increase the torque delivery in the range of revs between 8000-12000 rpm, with an impressive 3.5% increase in torque at 10,000rpm. This all-important extra “mid-range” gives improved drive out of corners both on track and on the road, increasing the flexibility of the motor and making the CBR600RR both faster and easier to ride. The engine also gets an innovative new high resistance valve lifter, specially developed for reduced surface pressure and maximum durability. This was achieved by replacing the conventional casting with a nitride compound layer plus an oil pit. The titanium exhaust has been redesigned, particularly the tailpipe and inner pipe shape. It also receives a new popup valve system, the same as the one used in the CBR1000RR Fireblade.

Equipment:

Honda Ignition Security System (HISS)
The CBR600RR is secured by Honda’s highly effective HISS anti-theft system. A fail-safe electronic interlock prevents the engine from being started with anything other than the motorcycle’s two original keys. Totally disabling the engine at the very heart of its ignition system, the system cannot be bypassed by either hot-wiring the ignition or exchanging the ignition switch module.

Video: Honda''''s ABS CBR600RR explained

Check out these sites for more info and pictures:

hondaitalia.com (High Res Images)
TopSpeed
MCN motorcycle news

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:44 PM
we meat again

Is it just me or it looks like the RSV4? Of course the RSV4 looks nicer, but it seems like they took some of Honda's design.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Is it just me or it looks like the RSV4? Of course the RSV4 looks nicer, but it seems like they took some of Honda's design.

It's just you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
7c Forever

it's very spindly looking, very angular.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 03:03 PM
I dont inhale

its amazing the 600 looks sooo much better then the 1000

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

i want one!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 03:28 PM
PCP
Everybody Wang Chung

Not a big fan of the color choices this year, the classic red/black looks good, the blue/white I like but also think it's a bit flashy.

As far as the performance I'm sure it will be very nice out on the track just like the last couple of years. I still am considering getting one in the future for a track bike.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 06:27 PM
No Crying Allowed

I like it, but it's still a honda

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
No Limited Pedrosa colors? What a shame!

Snair would buy one

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 PM

Does anyone know if an RSV4 would fit a taller person. Like 6'2''-6'3''.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
new hondas are fugly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode