Ducati / MV / Aprilia Model Specific discussion for the Italian at heart.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

The new Ducati Superbike?

: :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ducati1098a4sk.jpg (139.1 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg ducati1098b2gx.jpg (147.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg ducati1098c8eh.jpg (138.5 KB, 84 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 04:19 PM

hmmm

color me skeptical.....

i have doubts they will be going back to the SSSA anytime soon....

a unit that is strong enough would weigh too much versus a standard DSSA....

just my thoughts tho....
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
I hope thats not it. I especially dont like the dual exhaust on that thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
All take the Desmo RR.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 05:38 PM
No Crying Allowed

that's the new r1

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
that's the new r1

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
that's the new r1
i knew it....and it is gonna come with a turbo charger stock....you can see it in the pics
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 08:12 PM
No Crying Allowed

You never know.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Sssa , Dssa?

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 12:27 PM
7c Forever

Single
Sided
Swing
Arm

Double
Sided
Swing
Arm

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha
hmmm

color me skeptical.....

i have doubts they will be going back to the SSSA anytime soon....

a unit that is strong enough would weigh too much versus a standard DSSA....

just my thoughts tho....
I agree. Carl Fogarty was testing DSSA well before they became in Production. Ducati new the weight and torsional flex in SSSA is not as desirable as the DSSA.

IMO I do not think it is a new Duc.

My mods are ghey...
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 02:40 PM

I think they will go back to the SSSA because they want the new bike to resemble the old 916. I heard the Ducati people talking about making the lines of the new bike having more curves and having more passion in terms of design because when the 999 came out, it didn't have the same impact as when the 916 came out. It's all about capturing the awe of the buying public right now for Ducati when it comes to the new bike and I think they are willing to make some performance compromises to achieve that in my opinion.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 02:45 PM

I dont see a SSSA happening... Ducati prinicipally bases alot of design on purposeful racing application. The SSSA isnt bad perse but a DSSA has inherent qualities that make it more desirable on a race bike. That means wee aould see SSSA on from Ducati Corse on their bikes.... hmmmm? I would be suprised to see this.

....I contend the lines will be softer on the new bike, but I dont see Ducati going back to old design.

My mods are ghey...
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound
I hope thats not it. I especially dont like the dual exhaust on that thing.

Personally, I love the dual cans, but anything would be better than the abortion that is on the 999. Everytime I see that muffler/mailbox thing, it makes me think of something left in C-3PO's litterbox...

To each his own, I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111802sidec.jpg (53.6 KB, 34 views)
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 08:19 PM

Then there's this ear-splitter:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC000342 (Medium).JPG (80.2 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Cyril Sneer; 06-22-2006 at 08:28 AM.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 08:30 PM
FAsT BOYS

ugly
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 03:11 AM

when I was in Milan last year, I was looking at the Hypermotard. One of the guys on the stand was talking about design and how the 999 was perceived by the public. The bike has gained more acceptance but it still has less fans than the 916-998 had. So they were thinking about making a bike which had aspects of that cult bike. SO the hypermotard had the SSSA and twin silencers. They found parts of the 999 were liked and tried to use that in this bike. So it was a compromise but it allowed them to judge future designs from the responce they get from the Hypermotard.
Now I do understand how initially when Foggy tried the DSSA and said it was better, Ducati said NO! It looked like a step back to the 888. So the 999 allowed them to go DSSA again.But will racing stop them from using the SSSA if they can get more sales?

SO I am not sure if Ducati will just go chasing sales with a SSSA or not. They have been looking at the way the bike is seen and what they need to do to make it sell. So I expect to see some original 996 ideas show up on the bike but how many I do not know !!

I know Ducati have said the Desmosedici is only a special and not for WSB... BUT they did say they could homologate the bike and race it in WSB if they wanted to!

There are too many things they could do and with the rules as they are at the moment, IF they do not get the capacity increase I think we might see one or two Desmosedici race bikes being tested for WSB during next year ready for 2008.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepower
The bike [999] has gained more acceptance but it still has less fans than the 916-998 had. They found parts of the 999 were liked and tried to use that in this bike.
Did they say which parts of the 999 were liked? I hope they just mean engineering aspects and not design aspects. Design-wise, the 916 and 999 are polar opposites, and any attempt to merge the two styles would result in failure IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepower
But will racing stop them from using the SSSA if they can get more sales?
Maybe they will use SSSA on 'normal' models and DSSA on 'R' models for homologation?
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Sneer
Did they say which parts of the 999 were liked? I hope they just mean engineering aspects and not design aspects. Design-wise, the 916 and 999 are polar opposites, and any attempt to merge the two styles would result in failure IMHO.

Maybe they will use SSSA on 'normal' models and DSSA on 'R' models for homologation?
The whole conversation was with one of the Importers and I just happened to be listening. I think the two bikes are very different but they want to use some of the design aspects of the bikes which get attention. The 999 just did not get the attention or the sales they expected. After all the 916 and it's brothers saved Ducati, if they built the 999 originally then Ducati may have become history by now. I did not think they were talking directly about the next 999 or whatever size they want to call it. I thought they were talking about how they have been looking at how the bikes are percieved and how they wanted to release some of the concept bikes to the press and public to try and make a better designed bike from the reactions they get. The Ducati will never be a mass market bike so they have to sell to the ones who want a special bike which will pay more for a bike. That is where bikes like the MHR and the retro series come from. I do expect to see more concept bikes but I don't expect to see all of them make it on to the shop floor.
SO they could do two versions with one for racing and one for road but I don't think it will really happen.

Guess we will just have to wait and see !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode