Ducati / MV / Aprilia Model Specific discussion for the Italian at heart.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Seems like no more Ducatis for me

Some of you already know about this but for those who don't know check it out http://www.1098-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1670

Yeah, i'm pissed, very pissed.

The good thing is that maybe there's a Yamaha coming in the near future : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I dont inhale

that sux big time man!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
that sucks man. from all i have heard inside the industry and out i don't think i would ever own one. maintenance and fixing along with the cost of parts really hold me back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Sorry to hear about you experience MV, it really sucks

post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 03:23 PM
RacerX85

Not a member...what's the deal?
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the simpathy guys

Don't get me wrong, i still love my Ducs and it's very rewaring to ride a nice Duc especially at the track, but they do have issues (like all other bikes have or can have), but what's worse is the shitty way they can treat their costumers

Maybe they're so used to things going wrong that they just don't care anymore and find it normal
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
Please register as it's kind of a long story.

Quote:
Wait, i found a way.

Check it again :corn
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Wait, i found a way.

Check it again :corn
Copy and paste It Or I could

post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Resident Redneck

Here is the original MV post

It's because my 749R engine with less than 8000km, with all the services and extra oil changes done in official Ducati dealers, just had a major engine failure back in October that consisted in the seizure of the con-rod bearings, connection rods and crankshaft.
Mind you that the bike was last serviced in April and had about 1000km since then.
Also, the last time i had rode it the bike was still under warranty and when this happened in October the warranty had just expired for about 3 months.
Also not that the bike had been in full stock form (even the exhaust was the stock one), and the engine had never been opened or messed with.

So, after almost 4 months of waiting for a final reply and after some emails to Ducati's CEO Federico Minoli, yesterday i got the final reply and they say they are not going to take responsibility on this matter.

This is clearly a case of a defected part or an engine malfunction not only because all the maintainace schedules were dully done (with some extra oil changes in the middle) and the bikes was never abused or had the engine opened or “tunned”, but also because there are several other cases exactly like this one affecting 749’s.
I know of at least more 5 of this cases, 2 in Italy and 3 in Spain, and this in only two Ducati forums.

A have a 1098S on order, but I think I will cancel my order as I don’t fell like spending more 21.600,00 euros on a Ducati when they can’t assume their responsibilities and stand behind they customers and products.

post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 03:50 PM

sorry to hear your misfortune man. I bash ducs all the time, but they are very nice bikes. Just require a little more attention then I'm willing to give.

I hope ducati corp comes through for you in the end. FOrward these discussions to him as well.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
RacerX85

That stinks!

Thanks for the link though MV. Makes me think twice about picking up a 1098 for my street bike.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Resident Redneck

The above issue happened to a 749R which according to MV has a history of the listed problems.

There is no reason to thinks the 1098 will be affected at all.

Quote:
That stinks!

Thanks for the link though MV. Makes me think twice about picking up a 1098 for my street bike.

post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM
FAsT BOYS

that sucks. i used to ride ducs but here in the states there are too many of the "ducatisti" who think they are the shit. ask stone we had one come ridewith us once. fucking sissy haha
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 05:43 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
A happy customer will tell his friends about it. An unhappy customer will tell anyone he runs into...

Negative press will hurt them... Make noise about iton every board you can. Maybe you'll get them to take responsibility..

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 05:55 PM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
The above issue happened to a 749R which according to MV has a history of the listed problems.

There is no reason to thinks the 1098 will be affected at all.
Of course not, the bike hasn't been released yet! What makes me question buying one is the treatment of the owner not the mechanical problem itself.
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Resident Redneck

You should have looked at the forum like MV said the 1098 is out it arrived in Europe at least a month and a half now, and there are a few guys that have given rider perspectives of the bikes.

Also it just happens that the open house for the release of the 1098 is this weekend.

Quote:
Of course not, the bike hasn't been released yet! What makes me question buying one is the treatment of the owner not the mechanical problem itself.

post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 07:50 PM
RacerX85

My bad I didn't read that far. I'm still apprehensive after the way Ducati wrote MV off. Most bikes come off the line and run like clockwork, but if I happen to get the one that has a manufacturing defect it would totally ruin the ownership experience. Race bikes I expect to spend money on. My streetbike; I want to just ride it without headaches.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Some of you already know about this but for those who don't know check it out http://www.1098-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1670

Yeah, i'm pissed, very pissed.

The good thing is that maybe there's a Yamaha coming in the near future : :
Geez that sucks arse big time mate, I hope something good comes of this and Ducati show some parity

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:27 PM

Was thinking of going for the 1098, but now I'm pretty sure a 2008 R1 is in my future...

Thanks for the heads-up, and sorry they treat you so shitty
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Once again, thanks all for the support words

Quote:
What makes me question buying one is the treatment of the owner not the mechanical problem itself.
And yeah, that's exactly what pisses me off.
I mean every bike of every brand can have problems even originated by defective parts, but that's not the real issue here (for me at least)
The issue is the way the iberian importer and in the end the factory itself behaved.
Instead of standing by their costumer and product they just don't give a shit about it and let you by yourself. That's what i can't accept

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode