Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
F-22

The First F/A-22 Delivered to Langley AFB

These are photos of the F/A-22 (Raptor) as the first aircraft delivery? ?was?being made to Langley AFB in VA.? Langley is to be first operational AFB for?the F/A-22.
The Aircraft flying along with the F/A-22 in several of these photos is the?F-15, which will be replaced by the F/A-22 since testing by the USAF has?verified predictions that the F/A-22 would be several times better than the?F-15.
In actual in-flight (simulated combat) operations against the F-15, one F/A-22 was able to operate without detection while it went head to head against 4 F-15's and (2) F/A-22's against (8) F-15's.? The F/A-22's scored?missile hits (Kills) against each F-15 Aircraft and the F/A-22's were never?detected by the F-15's or ground based radar.
Maj. Gen.? Rick Lewis said: "The Raptor operated against all adversaries?with virtual impunity; ground based systems couldn't engage and no adversary?aircraft survived."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

now don't ask me why prostreetonline dubbed their name on here. talk about cheap/greedy/needy advertising
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f223_613.jpg (100.3 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg f222_694.jpg (59.8 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg f22_185.jpg (70.9 KB, 78 views)

post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f226_177.jpg (39.2 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg f225_150.jpg (44.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg f224_451.jpg (87.9 KB, 77 views)

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

la de da
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f229_917.jpg (85.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg f228_671.jpg (37.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg f227_587.jpg (62.9 KB, 76 views)

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

last one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f2210_179.jpg (84.9 KB, 75 views)

post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:47 PM

VERY nice pics! The F/A-22 is my favorite jet-fighter plane...

I love Lockheed Martin planes...
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 05:10 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I think its a very cool and very sophisticated plane with nothing to do.

I mean the Airforce/Navy etc... Have F-18 F-16 and others that are not obsolete yet so why do we need a 5million dollar plane again??

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

i do agree rinn. nobody can touch us in the air as it is. but we always have to be the top dog and make sure nobody one up's us or we're in trouble. i do see where you're coming from though...BUT because nothing can lock onto it, this could save pilots lives from ground to air threats

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 05:17 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
i do agree rinn. nobody can touch us in the air as it is. but we always have to be the top dog and make sure nobody one up's us or we're in trouble. i do see where you're coming from though...BUT because nothing can lock onto it, this could save pilots lives from ground to air threats

Yeah.. I do thinks its one of the coolest looking planes but its just unpractical but who knows when WW3 comes around China will be fucked..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 05:20 PM

Very cool plane, I have seen one in person
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 06:39 PM

why is there smoke coming off th back of the plane??
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1NEO
The white streaks you see coming off airplanes are called contrails, which is short for condensation trail. Contrails are actually clouds made by the airplanes. There are two types of contrails.

Most contrails people see are caused by a jet's exhaust. The exhaust has some water vapor in it which mixes with the air when it leaves the jet's engine. Sometimes this mixture has too much water vapor for the air to hold and it condenses into a cloud. This is the most common kind of contrail and it lasts the longest.

The other kind of contrails are form by an airplane's wing. Air moves over the wings really fast and cools because of the low pressure. The cool air can't hold as much water so some of it has to condense. This kind of contrail isn't as long-lived as the other kind. The first picture rinn posted is an example of this kind of contrail.

Contrails last longer when there is a greater amount of water in the air. During the summer, the air generally has more water vapor in it than during the winter. You might notice that it's usually more humid in the summer. Because it's more humid in the summer, contrails take longer to evaporate. That's why they last longer than in the winter.

:corn
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 06:45 PM

Quote:

If you are referring to contrails, the "streaks" are condensed water vapor. They can be formed by either a jet engine or a piston engine.The engine adds water vapor to the saturated atmosphere and causes fine water droplets to condense and freeze. In rarer cases where the atmosphere is already saturated, just the passage of the plane through the air can cause the condensation to start.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 06:46 PM
No Crying Allowed

There on fire

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
Quote:
The white streaks you see coming off airplanes are called contrails, which is short for condensation trail. Contrails are actually clouds made by the airplanes. There are two types of contrails.

Most contrails people see are caused by a jet's exhaust. The exhaust has some water vapor in it which mixes with the air when it leaves the jet's engine. Sometimes this mixture has too much water vapor for the air to hold and it condenses into a cloud. This is the most common kind of contrail and it lasts the longest.

The other kind of contrails are form by an airplane's wing. Air moves over the wings really fast and cools because of the low pressure. The cool air can't hold as much water so some of it has to condense. This kind of contrail isn't as long-lived as the other kind. The first picture rinn posted is an example of this kind of contrail.

Contrails last longer when there is a greater amount of water in the air. During the summer, the air generally has more water vapor in it than during the winter. You might notice that it's usually more humid in the summer. Because it's more humid in the summer, contrails take longer to evaporate. That's why they last longer than in the winter.

LOL yeah you beat me to it VAL
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 06:49 PM

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn
I think its a very cool and very sophisticated plane with nothing to do.

I mean the Airforce/Navy etc... Have F-18 F-16 and others that are not obsolete yet so why do we need a 5million dollar plane again??
Not meaning to burst your bubble Rinn, but they're a bit more expensive than that USD $18.6 billion dollar contract 348+ aircraft USD $53,450,000 each and that price could be going up as much as another 40% each...pharrkkk

Awesome pics Corey
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Ask the Chief

funny thing is.....it's taken us SOOO long to get this plane approved.....other countries have developed, tested and produced airplanes already superior to it, in less time. some systems and features are already outdated.

super hornet is a piece of crap. it went a long way to show the world how unimaginative we could be. you guys know that VX-4, who originally tested the F/A-18A back in the early 80's, recommended against it? congress pushed it thru. One main problem: bring-back capability. navy aircraft have to fly a certain airspeed and at a certain weight to take a carrier trap (landing). the hornet has to have at least two external tanks to have legs to get anywhere. with two external tanks, that means there can be no other stores. ie.....hornet takes four 500lb bombs out on a mission......they have to be either dropped or jettisoned in order to land on the boat.

our corrupt and "bought out" political system allows congress to push thru airplanes that the military doesn't want.

also, it's a plastic airplane. we had one hornet that was 11 years old, and it developed numerous airframe cracks.....numerous enough to send it to the boneyard. as we used to say when i worked on them, "jack of all trades, master of none."

the cost of aviation R&D/production these days is going to kill the industry.

B-17 (wwII)......over 10,000 made at a cost of $187,000 each ($1,870,000,000 billion total)

B-52 (1960's).......744 made at a cost of $6.5 million each ($4,836,000,000 billion total)

B-1B (1980's)......100 made at a cost of $200 million each ($20,000,000,000 billion total)

B-2 (1990's)......21 made at a cost of $2.2 billion each ($46,200,000,000 billion total)

see a trend?

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
Quote:

val this counts too right... http://www.motomummy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2102
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:33 AM

ps: im related to the first guy who broke the sound barrier..

he woudl be my grandfathers cousin...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode