Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Nissan Concept car with xbox360

Hope this isn't a repost i've been away for awhile and haven't caught up in reading.

I hope this doesn't actually make it to the market... i foresee alot of accidents in the future from people driving on the streets after playing this which means tougher laws for us all... :-(

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/g...-Console.xhtml
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 12:01 PM

I don't think this will be the problem as you say... I think you missed this part...

Quote:
The system doesn't operate unless the car is parked, said Fred Standish, a spokesman for Tokyo-based Nissan, in an interview.
If they want to make the law tougher, I think they should ban people eating or drinking coffee while driving first... :jimmie

:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Hey Not to hi-jack my own thread or anything but the worst i've seen is some chick like 8 years ago driving on a major highway (hwy 401) its got a 100kph limit (60mph) on it... i passed her, she was doing the limit in the slow lane and she was READING a romance novel on the steering wheel... its not as if the road was even empty it had plenty of people on it... needless to say i tried to drive fast and far away from her to get out of there.

But anyways could you imagine... sitting in your car playing a racing game with your controls... you know u'll probably drive somewhere after, and you'll be all psyched up until you get in an accident thinking, well hell i just did that corner at 200 in the game why can't I now, but its like lets pump the driver up with adrenaline then let them loose on the road... not a good idea... at least not in my mind
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportbikerR1
Hey Not to hi-jack my own thread or anything but the worst i've seen is some chick like 8 years ago driving on a major highway (hwy 401) its got a 100kph limit (60mph) on it... i passed her, she was doing the limit in the slow lane and she was READING a romance novel on the steering wheel... its not as if the road was even empty it had plenty of people on it... needless to say i tried to drive fast and far away from her to get out of there.

But anyways could you imagine... sitting in your car playing a racing game with your controls... you know u'll probably drive somewhere after, and you'll be all psyched up until you get in an accident thinking, well hell i just did that corner at 200 in the game why can't I now, but its like lets pump the driver up with adrenaline then let them loose on the road... not a good idea... at least not in my mind
That chick need a cause soon or later she will cause an accident... these people shouldn't be driving...

As for the console... I hear what you're saying, but I'm sure this option is designed more for the passengers than the driver... didn't GM has this PS2 or Nintendo Cube option also for some of their minivans?

Personally I don't see a difference if a person played at home and took a drive right afterward... anyway, that's just my opinion...

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Nope the article says the vehicle controls control the game.... thats what i think would make it deadly your all pumped up using your car in a game... It would be like giving me a new r6 or something and someone saying, don't take it above 30mph... *whistle*
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 03:20 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Whatever. I'm only impressed by the fact that you can use the cars controls for the game. Otherwise I can put any game console in any car. It's not that hard.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Ok that wasn't my point... yes its kewl and all... and yes plenty of people put consoles in there cars however my point is that as the games get better and better and they add real streets etc to this its gonna be hard for addrenaline pumped junkies to seperate reality from the game and cause more hastles.... how many people here goto the track? what would it be like if you just got off the track and drove your bike home.... would you be a little pumped and racing more on the streets?... now lets take away your actual track experience because after all its just a game its not gonna give you the feed back or have complete realisim... now you might end up thinking you can go fast and zip in and out of trafic but the truth of the matter is that you wouldn't have the experience to handle it... thats my beef with it... btw i'm not saying "you" as an individual... i'm saying there would be a large number of starting drivers that would buy this and then try it on the street... those are the people i'm worried about.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:34 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportbikerR1
Ok that wasn't my point... yes its kewl and all... and yes plenty of people put consoles in there cars however my point is that as the games get better and better and they add real streets etc to this its gonna be hard for addrenaline pumped junkies to seperate reality from the game and cause more hastles.... how many people here goto the track? what would it be like if you just got off the track and drove your bike home.... would you be a little pumped and racing more on the streets?... now lets take away your actual track experience because after all its just a game its not gonna give you the feed back or have complete realisim... now you might end up thinking you can go fast and zip in and out of trafic but the truth of the matter is that you wouldn't have the experience to handle it... thats my beef with it... btw i'm not saying "you" as an individual... i'm saying there would be a large number of starting drivers that would buy this and then try it on the street... those are the people i'm worried about.

I see your point. I did ride home (or atleast about two hours worth) from the track in August. The trailer we were using suffered a break down and we were only two hours away so... But yeah I did ride pretty fast on the freeway back down. 100+ for two hours, and passing cars like crazy.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode