the problem is two fold.
1. It's easier than piss to make, and it doesn't have to be high quality or even safe to get you high,
2. The states all tout how many "drug labs" they find every year to make it look like they are doing something to the general public.
Did you know that in most states, if they find any of the following, it can be considered to have been a "meth lab"?
1. An empty anhydrous ammonia tank.
2. An empty propane tank (they use these to "steal"anhydrous from bigger tanks)
3. Two or more boxes of over the counter ephedrine containing sinus medication (i don't know about you, but i have two in my house right now)
4. rubber tubing.
now i dont know about where any of you live, but in Iowa, anhydrous is pretty damn common. As in every fuckin farmer in the state has a big damn tank of it on their farm.
and dont get me started on the fact that i can't buy two boxes of liqui-cap nyquil from the grocery store, but i can walk over to the pharmacay at the very same grocery store and buy as much from the pharmacist as i like, without a prescription, because he keeps over the counter drugs behind his counter also....They just cost more....Hmmmmmmm.
Meth labs are a statistic that states and communities use to impress people who know nothing at all about drugs.
Kind of like when they used to discover 100 lbs of cocaine in the 80's which was 1 lb of cocaine mixed with 99 lbs of baking powder to just barely have enough in it to attract the dogs.....
it sounded good, but then again was it really doing anything....