Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Pilot Power

Going to scrub in my new rear PP on my favorite roads in 80+ temps.

: :jimmie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PP.jpg (199.6 KB, 46 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Ask the Chief

bastard.

see you saturday?

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
bastard.

see you saturday?

Did Lena call you? No word on the ride yet but Sat. sounds good

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Ask the Chief

nope, no call.

i'm planning on riding saturday with a bunch of peeps from my work. should have a group of about 7 or 8. i told 'em about monte, and they sound up for it, lunch in borrego. it may be later than our usual meeting time of 9 in julian.....they want to have breakfast. might be closer to 11.

until i hear different, that's how things are going....

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Mark, Rode Monte, Banner, Farmers road which dead ends but is nice, just off of Wynola road.

Riding up Monte and I go to pass an RV hitting redline my engine dies. Oh no I think as I coast to a stop on the far right just above the lookout. So I turn her around and see that my kill switch Is off, LOL Must have been between on/off and the high RPM's shifted it. I'm happy as for a second I thought toasted my engine.

Did a couple runs between the lookout and the bottom, coming back up I spot a CHP Cruiser. Don't see them often on Monte, CHP SUV's are more common. Anyway as we already know speeding on Monte you may get you a yellow slip, so far I've been lucky.

Good ride overall as I wanted to test my new home made screen as see If I have any overheating issues. I also changed the Anti Freeze as Its not been done since 2002. Riding up both Monte and Banner she ran a bit hot, 190 to 200. When It cools doan I'll check to see if its down on Anti Freeze. I was hoping the screen work out better as the R1forum guys say its does not make your engine run hot but this was on an 04R1. What do you think?

Edit: checked Anti freeze and its full. I really don't want to pull the screen, any ideas? Was thinking of cutting a hole in the middle to add cooling but still have some rock protection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen.jpg (223.8 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by R1Nomad; 04-13-2006 at 12:23 PM.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Hope Lena calls soon or posts up as not sure what to do. 7, 8 riders? are any them squids? No offence to them, just being careful.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 09:36 PM
No Crying Allowed

Lena Who?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
Lena Who?

I give her until Friday to call or I'm done with woman

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
nice Rubber Adrian, did you get those from that place for $214.00?!

...where in Julian do you guy meet, Mark? the gas station???

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:41 PM

Quote:
nope, no call.

i'm planning on riding saturday with a bunch of peeps from my work. should have a group of about 7 or 8. i told 'em about monte, and they sound up for it, lunch in borrego. it may be later than our usual meeting time of 9 in julian.....they want to have breakfast. might be closer to 11.

until i hear different, that's how things are going....

call me....760-390-3688. I wanna ride monte like its the cool thing to do. Maybe get some film.....
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:45 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
I got my new leathers! I'm down!

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony
I got my new leathers! I'm down!
awesome!!!!!!

well, my group wants to leave the IHOP off balboa avenue and the 163 at around 10:30am. that should put us in julian at 11:30 ish (prolly closer to noon). we're going to go across 52 to the 67, and up thru ramona to julian. coming back, we'll make a right in ramona and head towards the 5/escondido.

why don't we make a HARD meet time in julian of 11:45, stepping off at around 12:15 for monte (30 minute wait good?)

sounds like we might have a pretty good turnout....rudy, bring that camera! looking forward to meeting a few new faces!

tony....what's steve doing?

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage333
call me....760-390-3688. I wanna ride monte like its the cool thing to do. Maybe get some film.....
will do. meet in julian at 11:45....and we'll roll....

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:57 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Steve's bringing his bike to a shop for the forks, don't know if he'll be ready by then.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony
Steve's bringing his bike to a shop for the forks, don't know if he'll be ready by then.
bummer....he's fun to drag into trouble...

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Hey you should have Steve lead as he has a radar dectector and their will be a lot of CHP out.

This may sound crazy but I only just heard that this is a Easter Holiday weekend. Do you know how many RV's and cagers that will be on the roads to the desert? Besides that the Borrego taco place is a zoo on weekends with long waits.

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
Hey you should have Steve lead as he has a radar dectector and their will be a lot of CHP out.

This may sound crazy but I only just heard that this is a Easter Holiday weekend. Do you know how many RV's and cagers that will be on the roads to the desert? Besides that the Borrego taco place is a zoo on weekends with long waits.
is that the ONLY place in town to eat?

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 08:28 AM

Quote:

sure isn't...we can all mob Adrian's house and get him to cook for us. :pwnd
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:

That's the only place I've eaten but I know there are some other good places in town. I'll get back to you.

:

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

here you go

1st place. Go through town through roundabout take 2nd turn towards airport, first place on the left. Might be busy though, not much parking.

2. Pablitos Mexican food, lots of parking,

3. Just around the Big Horn sign on Montezuma road, the first place you will come to. Also might be your best bet as they like bikers and even have a banner saying so. Lots of parking. Its the first driveway as you turn onto Palm Canyon drive from Monte.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eat:1.jpg (209.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg eat:2.jpg (208.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg eat:2:a.jpg (200.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg eat:3.jpg (235.9 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by R1Nomad; 04-14-2006 at 10:01 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode