Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Does this happen in the US alot aswell?

How about where you are in europe?

I know in Holland theres a fair amount of mess at most footie games, UK goes without saying
Spains getting worse aswell now.

Football seems to be the only sport as far as I know that has these problems though. What about in the US?

I really hope this World Cup isnt going to be overshadowed by all this. Ive already heard reports of ALOT of hooligans uniting and going to Germany without having tickets... (btw there will be a ban in Germany, no one is allowed to be anywhere near the stadium without a ticket or you will be kicked out the country)

The vid:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 05:00 AM

I know that soccer is pretty bad when it comes to these things... but in North America, we get like a riot after the game when a local team won the championships or something... you can see that with hockey, basketball, football(NFL), baseball... but normally you won't see them like soccer where they do it on the field...

I'm looking forward to the UEFA Champions League final and the World Cup... I just hope nothing really bad will happen...

:corn
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Problem is this is not after winning a championship, this is just after a normal league game that supporters try to kill each other. Strange world, championship finals are usually even worse.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Problem is this is not after winning a championship, this is just after a normal league game that supporters try to kill each other. Strange world, championship finals are usually even worse.
Yeah soccer fans are the craziest I think...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
Yeah soccer fans are the craziest I think...
That's an understatement....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Ask the Chief

nope, doesn't happen in the US.

people here don't get fanatical enough about sports to riot like that. don't get me wrong, there's fanatics who fight, but just not on that scale.

in europe, you'll have 200,000+ people show up to a GP, and at most US AMA SBK events, you might see a crowd of 10,000. our big crowds show up to NASCAR.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:19 AM
FAsT BOYS

plus alot of people here have guns and would not be very open to getting attacked haha
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snair
plus alot of people here have guns and would not be very open to getting attacked haha
If people would there would only be about half the population of europe left i think :r1budha

Yeh people to tend to show up in HUGE numbers i suppose, a decent FC Barcelona home match alone can draw 90.000 people to stadium alone, never mind the amount of people that are around the stadium.

What i just dont understand, like for example the most recent example. Ajax trainer Blind got sacked in a very disrespectful manner, hes been 20 years with the club and played over 500 matches himself, including winning everything possible to win in football.
Angry fans trashed the town centre in anger about this decision, trashing the chairmans house or something fair enough, but why the city centre? This even resulted in fans from the same team fighting because they didnt agree... Crazy bunch of people we all are i guess
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
FAsT BOYS

haha thats retarded. once in a while you have totally senseless riots after sports teams win a championship etc. the FANS will destroy stores, cars and anything else they can but if a citizen or cop lays a hand on them they cry like a motherfucker saying they just got caught up in the moment.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 12:01 PM

Brazil shuts down during the World Cup.
In some places, like Barcelona, celebrations will last for about a week if they win a championship (national/champions league/UEFA etc)

I live just up the road from Lerkendal (home stadium of Rosenborg FC) but people tend to behave before/during/after the matches though. (they just don't know how to park their cars though)

it really depends on where you are.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Just Madness

PARIS, May 16 (Reuters) - Two armed men held up councillors from a poor Paris suburb at gun point demanding free tickets to the Champions League final, French media reported on Tuesday.

The pair burst into a meeting late on Monday at the town hall in St Denis, the suburb north of Paris that is home to the Stade de France stadium hosting Wednesday's final between Spain's Barcelona and English side Arsenal.

"At first everyone thought it was a joke. The council offices were closed. And then, quite quickly, everyone realised it wasn't a joke," Francois Langlade, deputy mayor of St Denis told LCI television.

The hooded men clambered up the walls of the council building and through the window of the fourth floor room where the meeting was being held, declaring: "We want to see the mayor, we want tickets."

The two men put guns to the councillors heads, forced them to lie face down and threatened to shoot one in the foot.

However, the mayor, who is traditionally granted a number of guest tickets, could not be found and the intruders left empty-handed.

Police, who are hunting the robbers, were not immediately available for comment.

The final is one of the most eagerly anticipated for years, matching Barcelona's Brazilian world player of the year Ronaldinho against a team spearheaded by France striker Thierry Henry.

Tickets for the match are reported to be selling for between 1,000 and 2,000 euros ($2,561) on the black market.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode