Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Monday Ride pics

100 miles covered

Banner Grade, clean

Montezuma Clean

No POPO

kept it under 140 for the most part

Fun ride
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (187.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg banner.jpg (263.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg S2.jpg (287.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg S22.jpg (257.0 KB, 3 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
nice. I need a new rear tire before i go out there again. My sides are finished
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:20 PM

Looks like nice weather down there. It's rainy here in SF
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Lucky b*****d it is 2 celsius here

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Yeah great weather, I wore a thermel under my leathers but didn't need it

Riding up Banner I come upon a truck with patato plates plates and this guy was not only crossing the DY but driving In the left lane in order to get round the corners. You could see around them but still its not like he was going fast so why do that? So I down shift to 2nd gear as I want him to to know I'm behind him, don't trust him to pass. Well next corner he see's me I think good not pull over, nope the dipstick stops mid corner right in the middle of the road. Idiot as I pass him on the DY, splitting lanes. WOW that's the second time on Banner that some old fart did that to me.

Morons, got be ready for anything here.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
nice. I need a new rear tire before i go out there again. My sides are finished
there's that tire excuse again.... :

looks like a nice day out there. work sucks.....i need your job adrian....seems like you never have a problem getting out when you want....fooker.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
there's that tire excuse again.... :

looks like a nice day out there. work sucks.....i need your job adrian....seems like you never have a problem getting out when you want....fooker.
hey atleast i ride
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
hey atleast i ride
name me a day that you'll be at big willow, and we'll see how well you ride

ummm....waiting....:corn

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 02:12 AM
Faster and Better

hahaha. I wish i can go to a track day, I loose my medical from the military come late nov. I wont be doing any riding in the mountains or track.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Ask the Chief

adrian says the same damn thing...

it won't stop you

damn, that sucks.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Yeah I ride with no Meds which Is why I can't crash

What scares me Mark Is what you say about the track

" got to get a beater as you going to crash it one day'

On the road I can ride my own pace, slow or faster but its up to me. On the track you're riding fast, lap after lap and if you get tired and make a mistake you're going down. If It get tired on the street i go slower or pull over. If you go slower than your group on the track you're going to get run over. :smilefing

Flame suite on

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Street

Its close, less than 2 miles and I'm riding

Its cheap, no not free but still cheaper then the track

I can burn a tank of gas and have a great time and be home in time to work or watch the race's. 3 hours of riding Is perfect.
'

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Nomad View Post
Yeah I ride with no Meds which Is why I can't crash

What scares me Mark Is what you say about the track

" got to get a beater as you going to crash it one day'

On the road I can ride my own pace, slow or faster but its up to me. On the track you're riding fast, lap after lap and if you get tired and make a mistake you're going down. If It get tired on the street i go slower or pull over. If you go slower than your group on the track you're going to get run over. :smilefing

Flame suite on
dude...i have to cover this one with you again?

you speak of something you've never experienced before. your judgement of going to the track comes from what experience?

yes, you can ride your own pace on the street. from what i've seen, that pace never usually drops below 85.

if you ride the beginner/novice class, you can ALSO ride your own pace. intermediate is more your style, and you'd keep up with those guys JUST FINE. only class to beware of is advanced, and those are the racers. if you have fun riding with rudy, tony and me on the street, you would be perfectly comfortable in the intermediate class. you'd probably get tired of passing people in the beginner class.

you can pull over and rest on the street....yes. at big willow, a lap takes about 1:40 if you're just cruising. you can pull in AS OFTEN AS YOU WANT. you could go out and do one freakin lap, come back in, pitch a lounge chair, and watch TV for three hours. riding lap after lap? yea, maybe if there's a gun to your head. YOU decide how tired you are and YOU decide when to pull in. YOU ride as much or as little as you want, and as fast or as slow as you want.

why do i want a beater? not because i want to crash someday, but because i don't want to crash the R71 someday. also, i push hard at the track. i'm not out for an enjoyable sunday ride, i'm trying to lower lap times. that's the problem...you think you need to go there and play rossi. you can go there and ride your normal street pace in the intermediate class, easily keep up with everyone, and pull off whenever you want. what's more, you can work on technique, speed, cornering, braking and getting a knee down in a comfortable, controlled environment. you will become a BETTER rider for it.

what are the benefits?

NO cars
NO RVs
NO gravel trucks
NO blind corners
NO intersections
NO sand, guardrails, or other road hazards
NO opposing traffic

and best of all...
NO COPS.

cons?

- well....cost. er...umm....i said i'd pay for you to go, so that's not an issue.
- distance to drive....well, that does suck, but so far, that's the only con....and it becomes less of a con once you hit the track.

the medical card is such a cop out. since you're good at quoting facts and figures, call every california trackday organizer and find out how many deaths there have been on Cali tracks in the last 5 years. then, find out how many deaths there have been on ortega, palomar, monte, banner, ACH, GMR, and other roads in the same timeframe.

i'm willing to bet the death ratio is AT LEAST 20 to 1.

you take your life into your hands every time you hit the street. you have a SIGNIFICANTLY better chance of survival on the track.

just go to ONE trackday adrian.....JUST ONE. go with me and tony up to buttonwillow. i'll drive and take the trailer. you ride up for free, get in for free, hit the track for free....

and THEN give me your honest assessent of what a trackday is like. at least you'll have the experience to talk about it.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Cool Mark when you and Tony going? I'll plan on it as you're right I do need to experience both before I can judge

I have a new cam coming so stay tuned for vids

By the way I don't go balls out on the street at least not when riding with friends as don't want to get you guys In trouble. I ride a lot quicker alone

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:
dude...i have to cover this one with you again?

you speak of something you've never experienced before. your judgement of going to the track comes from what experience?

yes, you can ride your own pace on the street. from what i've seen, that pace never usually drops below 85.

if you ride the beginner/novice class, you can ALSO ride your own pace. intermediate is more your style, and you'd keep up with those guys JUST FINE. only class to beware of is advanced, and those are the racers. if you have fun riding with rudy, tony and me on the street, you would be perfectly comfortable in the intermediate class. you'd probably get tired of passing people in the beginner class.

you can pull over and rest on the street....yes. at big willow, a lap takes about 1:40 if you're just cruising. you can pull in AS OFTEN AS YOU WANT. you could go out and do one freakin lap, come back in, pitch a lounge chair, and watch TV for three hours. riding lap after lap? yea, maybe if there's a gun to your head. YOU decide how tired you are and YOU decide when to pull in. YOU ride as much or as little as you want, and as fast or as slow as you want.

why do i want a beater? not because i want to crash someday, but because i don't want to crash the R71 someday. also, i push hard at the track. i'm not out for an enjoyable sunday ride, i'm trying to lower lap times. that's the problem...you think you need to go there and play rossi. you can go there and ride your normal street pace in the intermediate class, easily keep up with everyone, and pull off whenever you want. what's more, you can work on technique, speed, cornering, braking and getting a knee down in a comfortable, controlled environment. you will become a BETTER rider for it.

what are the benefits?

NO cars
NO RVs
NO gravel trucks
NO blind corners
NO intersections
NO sand, guardrails, or other road hazards
NO opposing traffic

and best of all...
NO COPS.

cons?

- well....cost. er...umm....i said i'd pay for you to go, so that's not an issue.
- distance to drive....well, that does suck, but so far, that's the only con....and it becomes less of a con once you hit the track.

the medical card is such a cop out. since you're good at quoting facts and figures, call every california trackday organizer and find out how many deaths there have been on Cali tracks in the last 5 years. then, find out how many deaths there have been on ortega, palomar, monte, banner, ACH, GMR, and other roads in the same timeframe.

i'm willing to bet the death ratio is AT LEAST 20 to 1.

you take your life into your hands every time you hit the street. you have a SIGNIFICANTLY better chance of survival on the track.

just go to ONE trackday adrian.....JUST ONE. go with me and tony up to buttonwillow. i'll drive and take the trailer. you ride up for free, get in for free, hit the track for free....

and THEN give me your honest assessent of what a trackday is like. at least you'll have the experience to talk about it.
:r1budha aint that the truth!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Ask the Chief

i'll PM tony, but i know he wants to go soon.

i seem to do a plenty good enough job of getting myself in trouble...

and think about it...riding faster with no one around? better chance of crashing and no one to call medical help...be careful bro...

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
i'll PM tony, but i know he wants to go soon.

i seem to do a plenty good enough job of getting myself in trouble...

and think about it...riding faster with no one around? better chance of crashing and no one to call medical help...be careful bro...
Thanks mate

I don't have med. ins anyway so don't matter much.

Anyway since I got you and 3 others DY tickets on Zuma I don't go fast when leading.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Faster and Better

Quote:
adrian says the same damn thing...

it won't stop you

damn, that sucks.
im just not going to risk the chance. I know myself and I like to push things, wont settle for less. I will wait for a bit till i get insurance but until then no mountains or anything for me
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:11 PM

I wish i lived closer to you guys... a free track day! How can you pass that one up. :
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Hey Ive Been There!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode