Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

G$$gle may go back to Google.... :) Interesting read.

Very interesting read... google "google lawsuit" for more into.

Linky

http://www.w3reports.com/index.php?itemid=1689

Quote:
Google is renowned for brilliant programming. Google's founders (Larry Page and Sergey Brin) met in graduate school. Their search engine is famous for its speed and accuracy. Even Microsoft, with all its programming muscle, is unable to match it. Since becoming successful, Google has instituted hiring practices to insure they get only the brightest minds. Their entrance exams are legendary for toughness. It has been said there are so many geniuses at Google that they can't get anything done. Every person working there is used to being the smartest person in the room.
So how can a company so brilliant make such a bad mistake?
Last week the funds from the purchase of You Tube were released. The three founders received 345, 326, and 64.6 million respectively. This week Viacom (the media giant that owns CBS) filed a 1 billion dollar lawsuit against You Tube.
Did any of the brain trust at Google stop and think about the potential liability they'd be taking on? Do they think the videos uploaded to You Tube are original content? Copyright violation is a federal crime. Artists and creators are protected under copyright law whether they file a certificate or not. The lawsuit accuses You Tube of "massive intentional copyright infringement."
In a statement released to the press Viacom said, "YouTube's strategy has been to avoid taking proactive steps to curtail the infringement on its site. Their business model, which is based on building traffic and selling advertising off of unlicensed content, is clearly illegal and is in obvious conflict with copyright laws."
It's hard to believe that just a few months ago Google was in the clear and making tons of money. Now they're embroiled in copyright litigation and this is just the tip of the iceberg. The only reason companies like Viacom haven't gone after You Tube is because they didn't have any money. They were a startup. Now, thanks to the Google, they have deep, deep pockets.
It's hard to imagine what is banging around in the boardrooms at Google. CD and Video sales are way down across the board. This is because kids are downloading and sharing music, video, and software with impunity. It doesn't take a genius to know the established entertainment and media companies are hopping mad about it. The only thing that holds them off is the absence of a big, fat, rich, high profile target. Congratulations Google. You just stepped into the line of fire. You are the poster child for copyright infringement with unlimited funds to defend and payout lawsuits.
With all that I.Q. at Google you'd think someone could have seen this coming. Are they really so naïve to believe that You Tube isn't a distribution center for illegal material? I can hear them in court, "Oh no, all the video on You Tube was created by the artist." Yea right, sure it was.
The Internet's most highly evolved web site, that has blazed a trail of success, just made a dramatic right turn down into a quagmire. True, Google makes a lot of money. However, the frustration in the entertainment industry over illegal downloads is enormous. One of the problems of being a bright young mind is a lack of experience. Once you've been through a long, drawn out lawsuit you know to avoid another one at all costs. Obviously none of the young guns, or their advisors, has been through one. If they had they never would have put themselves in this position.
They are stuck. They are about to face a tidal wave of resentment from legitimate artists. I'm sure Google is set to play some kind of legal shell game but it doesn't matter. The reality is they will be mired in this negativity from now on and will never return to the fresh, pristine company it once was. And if Viacom should win this argument, God help them. It will provide a blueprint for raiding the Google coffers.
I.Q. is one thing. Experience is another. To be successful you need both. Something tells me the founders at Google are about to get a lot more experienced.
INTERNET MAN, INC. is an Internet content development firm. They create and host Internet web based applications including Salessystem.com, EcommerceSystem.com and Databasesystem.com. The company issues a monthly newsletter about Internet topics of interest and commentary.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 11:27 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I agree with most of that...

but as far as Google being hated and never getting their reputation back... DOUBT IT!!!!!!!

People will like and admire Google for a long time.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Link added...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 11:48 PM
don't read this

it was a dumb move to buy Youtube though... they have Google Video wonder why they bought youtube..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
it was a dumb move to buy Youtube though... they have Google Video wonder why they bought youtube..
To get some lawsuits...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 07:26 AM
HighlyTrainedProfessional

Send a message via AIM to NomadRip Send a message via Yahoo to NomadRip
Quote:
I bet Blockbuster would love to buy Netflix, eliminating their only real competition...

And one good thing about having such deep pockets is you can hire the best people to fend off lawsuits. I think this guy's article is kinda lame, as they knew it would be coming, but Google didn't own it before, now that they do, there will be more active involvement in getting copyrighted material off of there, and Viacom's suit will be useless.

You don't make Google-level money by being stupid.

-James
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 01:32 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRip View Post
I bet Blockbuster would love to buy Netflix, eliminating their only real competition...

And one good thing about having such deep pockets is you can hire the best people to fend off lawsuits. I think this guy's article is kinda lame, as they knew it would be coming, but Google didn't own it before, now that they do, there will be more active involvement in getting copyrighted material off of there, and Viacom's suit will be useless.

The guy seemed kinda preachy too didn't he? Sounded like someone who works for Viacom or something..

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRip View Post

google has made many poor decisions over their lifetime.
some have actually hurt them.

they lost several good programmers for changing internal policies, and have had several turn down positions to join the open source community instead.

They are not the great business people everyone makes them out to be.
They are good people, but not "killer businessmen"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I agree with most of that...

but as far as Google being hated and never getting their reputation back... DOUBT IT!!!!!!!

People will like and admire Google for a long time.
Google has already lost a percentage of "users" and has had several famous incidents that have eroded confidence in them, including but not limited to buckling to pressure from external governments to block search results from certain IP's (india, Iran, Phillipines, China just to name a few), turning over user search data to "think of the children" type groups who have no legal basis to ask for such information, and also a noteable slamming of them via lawsuit for Google Hardrive being used by warez hackers to distribute stolen software as well as DDoS software and trojan virus'.

they've made some piss poor decisions that have hampered them to the computer community.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 02:58 PM

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Google aint goin' no where.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 04:58 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
It's all Greek!

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode