Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Life and how to live it

I'm not usually one to post stuff that someone emailed to me, but this is one of those ones that had an impact on me. A pretty sobering 10 minutes:
http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 08:47 PM
No Crying Allowed

Thx for posting...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Ask the Chief

I experienced the very same six months that he did, but my outcome was considerably different.

I'm cured....for now.

You guys patted me on the back, and often commented about how well I was dealing with the treatment. I had no other choice....I chose to continue living my life for myself, my wife, and my children. During the week after my diagnosis, I spent hour after hour, doubled up on the floor, crying my eyes out. My children are 2 and 4. I want nothing more than to see my kids graduate college. That's it. Once they make it that far, I know they'll do well in life, and I can be done. I spent YEARS being the tough, fit, rescue swimmer and war hero, and I was brought to my knees by the thought of having to leave my chidren behind. So, after a week of contemplation and soul searching, I decided that if these were going to be my last days, I was going to be the best dad and the best father that I could. I was going to enjoy life and enjoy my family as much as I could with the time I had left. That way, I wouldn't have anything to regret if things didn't work out. The thought of my friends and family put the fight in my sails that I needed. You all kept me going, day after day with the positive things you had to say about me.

And, after a decent amount of fighting, I kicked the beast out of my body.

You immediately realize what's important in life. You realize the goals you haven't met, and the dreams you want to fulfill. We all have limited time as mortals on this planet we call Earth, and each one of us should be living life to the fullest....and each day as if it's our last. So what if something is a tad out of your price range....will you ever have the chance to buy that thing again? Will you ever have the chance to take that trip? Help that person? Do something good for someone? No one knows. Everyone lives life as if there's plenty of it left.

Imagine how you'd live life if you found out you had only 60 days left. Quite differently, I'd imagine. Why not live that way, even if we have years to live?

So, I fight the cancer, and I win. My perspective of life is forever changed. I decided I'm going to start doing things that I've only dreamed about. A dream will always be just a dream, unless you make an attempt to live it for real.

There's a reason my thread is called "Firehawk's R7 dream thread". That bike was a dream come true.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 10:57 PM
doomsday machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
I'm not usually one to post stuff that someone emailed to me, but this is one of those ones that had an impact on me. A pretty sobering 10 minutes:
http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw
Pretty awesome stuff. If you can stand a bit of technobabble here and there, the full length video of the original lecture is well worth the hour and fifteen minutes. He had to do a lot of condensing to get it Oprah-ized.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 11:56 PM

Wow! That was powerful enough even in his cliff notes-Oprah version. It just gets straight to the point.

Good stuff
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
Absolutely brother. Although it could be any of us at any time, you're who I was thinking of watching that. Glad you're still with us

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:48 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
My Last Lecture

http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/

He was on ABC News with Diane Sawyer

Professor Randy Pausch's inspiring last lecture at Carnegie Mellon about living life to the fullest struck a chord with people all over the country. Seven months later, Pausch talks about his battle with cancer, his family and how that last lecture changed his life.

Haven't seen it all but it's a very moving video for sure

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:20 PM
No Crying Allowed

I saw him on TV as well, it's a great speech/lecture.

Very sad story, but one to open everyones eyes for sure.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
yes , very good point! good one to MAKE the kids listen to!

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 08:08 AM
doomsday machine

https://www.sportbikeforum.net/forum/...ad.php?t=27081

Definitely worth the repost, though. The guy is still alive and kicking, to boot -- he's outlived his doctors' expectations by a longshot. Gotta believe his attitude has a lot to do with it.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 11:54 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagzomatic View Post
https://www.sportbikeforum.net/forum/...ad.php?t=27081

Definitely worth the repost, though. The guy is still alive and kicking, to boot -- he's outlived his doctors' expectations by a longshot. Gotta believe his attitude has a lot to do with it.

uuuuuhhhhh... oops..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 01:51 PM
No Crying Allowed

You were probably drunk that week...

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 11:33 AM
doomsday machine

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:23 PM
No Crying Allowed

rip

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I experienced the very same six months that he did, but my outcome was considerably different.

I'm cured....for now.

You guys patted me on the back, and often commented about how well I was dealing with the treatment. I had no other choice....I chose to continue living my life for myself, my wife, and my children. During the week after my diagnosis, I spent hour after hour, doubled up on the floor, crying my eyes out. My children are 2 and 4. I want nothing more than to see my kids graduate college. That's it. Once they make it that far, I know they'll do well in life, and I can be done. I spent YEARS being the tough, fit, rescue swimmer and war hero, and I was brought to my knees by the thought of having to leave my chidren behind. So, after a week of contemplation and soul searching, I decided that if these were going to be my last days, I was going to be the best dad and the best father that I could. I was going to enjoy life and enjoy my family as much as I could with the time I had left. That way, I wouldn't have anything to regret if things didn't work out. The thought of my friends and family put the fight in my sails that I needed. You all kept me going, day after day with the positive things you had to say about me.

You immediately realize what's important in life. You realize the goals you haven't met, and the dreams you want to fulfill. We all have limited time as mortals on this planet we call Earth, and each one of us should be living life to the fullest....and each day as if it's our last. So what if something is a tad out of your price range....will you ever have the chance to buy that thing again? Will you ever have the chance to take that trip? Help that person? Do something good for someone? No one knows. Everyone lives life as if there's plenty of it left.

Imagine how you'd live life if you found out you had only 60 days left. Quite differently, I'd imagine. Why not live that way, even if we have years to live?

So, I fight the cancer, and I win. My perspective of life is forever changed. I decided I'm going to start doing things that I've only dreamed about. A dream will always be just a dream, unless you make an attempt to live it for real.

There's a reason my thread is called "Firehawk's R7 dream thread". That bike was a dream come true.

Wow. Mark, I had no idea Very moving for sure, and congrats!
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Although sad to hear he's gone, I think as opposed to those who go unexpectedly, Randy was more prepared for his time to come than anyone. Just last week there was a young (30 I think) cop shot and killed while on duty in our area. His wife and 3 kids (5yrs, 20 months, and 4 months) never had the chance to say goodbye. I believe (as I'm sure he did) that Randy was extremely lucky to have the time he did to spend with his family before he dies. RIP Randy, and thanks for the final lecture and the lessons we can learn from you.

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 07:10 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:

I'm cured....for now.

Awesome.

Thanks

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
Awesome.

Thanks
no....thank YOU.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 06:51 PM
No Crying Allowed

Awesome post Mark.... We're all so happy you have had a positive outcome and I have referred to you and your story many times in the last few months to family that is going through some similar times. You have been an inspiration to me and your journey opened my eyes as well. I have made some big changes in my life in the last 6 months and your issue helped me make the decisions I needed too. Family comes first!

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
Awesome post Mark.... We're all so happy you have had a positive outcome and I have referred to you and your story many times in the last few months to family that is going through some similar times. You have been an inspiration to me and your journey opened my eyes as well. I have made some big changes in my life in the last 6 months and your issue helped me make the decisions I needed too. Family comes first!
+1.... Wish I could be 1/2 as positive as he is

Tags
cancer, my last lecture, randy pausch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode