Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
GSXRmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada EH.
Posts: 234
 
US going to hell w/ Obama

I hope that the US will realize soon, before it is to late that the new US gov wants to disarm their citizens. it is happening in Canada right now.

Big Brother's New Target: Tracking Firearms

Friday, January 23, 2009


U.S. Representative Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) recently sponsored H.R. 45, also known as "Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act." The bill is, at its core and as its name implies, a licensing and registration scheme.

The measure calls for all handgun owners to submit to the federal government an application that shall include, among many other things: a photo; an address; a thumbprint; a completed, written firearm safety test; private mental health records; and a fee. And those are only some of the requirements to be licensed!

The bill would further require the attorney general to establish a database of every handgun sale, transfer, and owner's address in America. Moreover, the bill would make it illegal to own or possess a "qualifying firearm" -- defined as "any handgun; or any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device…" [emphasis added] without one of the proposed licenses.

Additionally, the bill would make it illegal to transfer ownership of a "qualifying firearm" to anyone who is not a licensed gun dealer or collector (with very few exceptions), and would require "qualifying firearm" owners to report all transfers to the attorney general's database. It would also be illegal for a licensed gun owner to fail to record a gun loss or theft within 72 hours, or fail to report a change of address within 60 days. Further, if a minor obtains a firearm and injures someone with it, the owner of the firearm may face a multiple-year jail sentence.

H.R. 45 is essentially a reintroduction of H.R. 2666, which Rush introduced in 2007. H.R. 2666 contained much of the same language as H.R. 45, and was co-sponsored by several well-known anti-gun legislators--including Barack Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel. H.R. 45 currently has no co-sponsors.

Rest assured that NRA-ILA will continue to monitor this bill closely, and will keep you informed of any developments if they materialize.

Cheers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


S.Myers
85 & 88 GSXR 750
02 GSXR 1000
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GSXRmyers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
xdonniedarkox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ghost Town
Posts: 948
 
Well see...

My mods are ghey...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
xdonniedarkox is offline  
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Mr.BlackBerry
 
eveR1ast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 8,625
  
Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
So if I read this right...Obama DIDN'T introduce this bill....some of the people on his staff ONCE supported a similar bill but that was a few years ago on a bill that didnt pass anyways, and their names ARENT on this current bill........but its still Obama's fault and the US is going to hell because of him?

Guess I'm just stupid cause I can't figure out how a guy who's been in office a matter of days has already caused the country to go to hell. But hey... to some people a vague, dated reference is enough to convince them. So more power to you.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eveR1ast is offline  
post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:03 PM
No Crying Allowed
 
R1Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: California
Posts: 20,229
   
I believe this would be political right?



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R1Lover is offline  
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:03 PM
7c Forever
 
Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: the business end of a CAD station.
Posts: 9,879
  
Thank you DJ. If it hadda come from me, noone would have taken it seriously.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Junior is offline  
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:03 PM
No Crying Allowed
 
R1Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: California
Posts: 20,229
   
that's not entirely true lol



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R1Lover is offline  
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Mr.BlackBerry
 
eveR1ast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 8,625
  
Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
And I'm NOT a gun control proponent either..... I just hate the stupid assertions some people in the Media and elsewhere make about who's really at fault for the things they don't agree with.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eveR1ast is offline  
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Resident Redneck
 
Biga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On This Forum
Posts: 9,793
   
Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I do feel sorry for Obama just for that reason, that if he can't get a handle on the US economy, they are going to blame him for it, which would be total BS.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Biga is offline  
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Mr.BlackBerry
 
eveR1ast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 8,625
  
Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
I do feel sorry for Obama just for that reason, that if he can't get a handle on the US economy, they are going to blame him for it, which would be total BS.
I think people will give him some time and latitude to get it under control. Only an idiot would blame him for not immediately fixing a problem thats been years in the making. But then again there are people who just hate him regardless, because he's black, because he's a Democrat, because his name sounds Muslim etc etc etc who will blame him for every single problem they have without justification.

Quote:
Uninformed Idiot: " I dropped my ice cream cone! It's all that damn Ohamba's fault!!"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eveR1ast is offline  
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Rollin in my 5.0
 
beavisr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The track........
Posts: 3,628
 
Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
I think all poor gun control idiots believe gun control is good. Here is the kicker. People that have a gun all legal %99 of the time does not comit gun crimes. So the %99 of gun owners are going to be fucked. HELLO gun control activists its not us that are the bad ones its the others. I believe in stricter penalties for thoes that comit gun crimes with illegal guns PERIOD!

I don't believe in bumber stickers but this one I think I might own.

If you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

FACT!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beavisr1 is offline  
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 08:40 PM
FAsT BOYS
 
Snair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 6,095
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
there are people who just hate him regardless, because he's black, because he's a Democrat, because his name sounds Muslim etc etc etc


haha i dont like him. i remember reading that he was 50% white, 43% arab , and 7 percent african. doesnt seem very black to me. i think its pathetic that obama and mccain were the best the 2 parties had to offer though.
Snair is offline  
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Illegal Immigrant
 
Hornetr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal, Québec Canadia
Posts: 412
 
Send a message via MSN to Hornetr1


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hornetr1 is offline  
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Mr.BlackBerry
 
eveR1ast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 8,625
  
Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
haha i dont like him. i remember reading that he was 50% white, 43% arab , and 7 percent african. doesnt seem very black to me. i think its pathetic that obama and mccain were the best the 2 parties had to offer though.
Theres always gonna be some that dont... but I think you need to check your sources.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eveR1ast is offline  
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 AM
FAsT BOYS
 
Snair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 6,095
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Theres always gonna be some that dont... but I think you need to check your sources.
on what? that i dont like him. im sure hahaha in all seriousness hes as much white as he is black. i still think hes a corrupt piece of shit just like all of the other politicians and he wont accomplish any more or less than the rest of them
Snair is offline  
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Mr.BlackBerry
 
eveR1ast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 8,625
  
Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
on what? that i dont like him. im sure hahaha in all seriousness hes as much white as he is black. i still think hes a corrupt piece of shit just like all of the other politicians and he wont accomplish any more or less than the rest of them
lol no fool, on his background. I dont doubt you dont like him, I'm not trying to convince you that you should. I'm just saying its ridiculous when people quote statistics like that he's 43% Arab, but when you ask them, they cant tell you where they heard it or produce a source. Or when you say he's a corrupt piece of shit but dont say why other than "just like all the rest of them". I'm not going to deny anyone their opinion....all I'm saying is dont try to pass it off as fact and expect someone to believe you or get all pissy when they don't.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eveR1ast is offline  
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 02:02 AM
FAsT BOYS
 
Snair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 6,095
  
ok in my opinion ALL politicians are full of shit regardless of their ethnicity or background. they dont rise to the national level without taking and giving favors. said favors definatly dont come from people like me or you. they are the big companies and those with cash. look at his home state politics. hell chicago has got one of the most corrupt police departments in history. illinois is bankrupt and have more liberal programs than they have cash to pay for them. haha


ps i dont actually care how many percent arab he is i still dont like him or his nasty assed unamerican pig wife.
Snair is offline  
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 07:45 AM
jimmy crack corn
 
macattack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 846
 
I didn't vote based on the color of the skin unlike so many.
Obama is my president , and a good guy.
I would fight to protect him.
I disagreed with some of what he said, but now he is my ores CaC.
I did however get my lifetime permit LOL

David
macattack is offline  
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Gang Green
 
GreenEnvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,113
 
you Americans and your guns
Whats the problem with knowing where the guns are, and you having to prove you can use one safely before being given access to one?
I am totally against things like a ban on handguns becase legal guns are very rarely ever used in a crime, so it's pointless. However a registry of who has guns seems fine to me. Some of the restrictions listed above, if true, like only being able to sell to a collector instead of another licensed individual, do seem over the top.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GreenEnvy is offline  
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 09:02 AM
jimmy crack corn
 
macattack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 846
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
you Americans and your guns
Whats the problem with knowing where the guns are, and you having to prove you can use one safely before being given access to one?
I am totally against things like a ban on handguns becase legal guns are very rarely ever used in a crime, so it's pointless. However a registry of who has guns seems fine to me. Some of the restrictions listed above, if true, like only being able to sell to a collector instead of another licensed individual, do seem over the top.
No problem here, but the gov would likely overstep it's bounds .
Registration and manditory training for permit owners makes sense to me.

David
macattack is offline  
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:12 AM
7c Forever
 
Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: the business end of a CAD station.
Posts: 9,879
  
I'm in agreeance too. Mandatory training isn't a bad thing. Or an exam you can challenge if you were brought up with it. Knowing how to handle a gun safely should be required for EVERYONE imo, whether you own 'em or not you should know how to do it.

I'm more just pissed at the laws up here that ban entire lines of guns because 1 gun in that line is capable of breaking a rule. I really would like a 7.62x51 semi-auto deer rifle. But all the guns that fit that catagory are based off of an assault rifle that's full auto and as such are illegal. Mega piss-off. Just 'cause it's a G3 derivative doesn't make it a G3.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Junior is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
so who are you going to vote for? beavisr1 Anything Goes 35 09-14-2008 09:53 PM
Biker in Hell R1Nomad Anything Goes 19 08-29-2007 11:41 AM
How hot is hell? R1Budha Anything Goes 18 07-07-2007 06:35 PM
What the hell is going on???????? goin deep Racing 9 05-31-2006 01:02 PM
joke of the day korrupt1 Anything Goes 41 09-30-2005 12:35 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome