Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Rookie again

Chat

Does anyone really get on the chat? Maybe we could have a certain day/time where we can all get on and harass the shit outta each other? Just a thought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 PM
No Crying Allowed

That would be cool, there are a few people in it during the day... the key is finding the right time that suits everyone..

Maybe we do a friday night chat thing and see how that goes?

any takers?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
7c Forever

I think Friday is a night that a lot of us want to go out.

Altho we all know that I have no life and will be working the same as I always am.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:14 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post

Altho we all know that I have no life and will be working the same as I always am.
Go out? WTF is that? I've been married over 10 years, I have no idea what that is any more lol.

I work every other Friday but I can be around a couple times a month.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Rookie again

I'd say Friday it is then? We could do a general poll or something. I'm in.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Advanced Member

I'd be down with that- I have no f'ing life.
As you all know though, I am a bit technically challeneged- is this something that's like a button click away, and you're on or what?
sorry, no such thing as a dumb question for me when it comes to tech-related $#it
I still wouldn't know how to resize a picture if it weren't for BIGA.
and I'd have no sig if PCP didn't hook a brotha up

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
I still can't connect when I'm at my apartment. And weekends are no good, unless it's Sunday and I'm in the lab.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post

If you have no life now, just wait till you get married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Go out? WTF is that? I've been married over 10 years, I have no idea what that is any more lol.

Going out for us is a going to work, it's more relaxing there than at home.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 11:54 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo5 View Post
I still can't connect when I'm at my apartment. And weekends are no good, unless it's Sunday and I'm in the lab.
Why not? there are three ways to connect, one of them should work no?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 01:26 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
ain't gonna happen man.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 11:34 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post

I work every other Friday but I can be around a couple times a month.
So, if you are married, I would assume you have a wife...a wife who you used to go out with...and I'm also assuming that in your vows nothing was said about "from this day forward we swear to live boring ass lives and never go out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post

Going out for us is a going to work, it's more relaxing there than at home.

Damn dudes, did you all give up and buy minivans and trade all your clothes in for pullover sweaters and pleated pants too? Married life only sucks if you let it suck! I've been married 9 years and my wife and I still party

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
everytime I go on its DEAD!!!

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
So, if you are married, I would assume you have a wife...a wife who you used to go out with...and I'm also assuming that in your vows nothing was said about "from this day forward we swear to live boring ass lives and never go out"

Damn dudes, did you all give up and buy minivans and trade all your clothes in for pullover sweaters and pleated pants too? Married life only sucks if you let it suck! I've been married 9 years and my wife and I still party

But isn't your daughter in her teens or close to it? You telling me that when she was infant and toddler age you guys were partying all the time? I've been married 10 years but we've been together for the better part of 16 years. Our kids are 6 and 3. Say what you want but with kids at home that are that young, my priority is there, not out at the club. We specifically waited a while to have kids to get most of that out of our system. Yeah sometimes it would be nice to have a little more freedom but not at their expense.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1stunner View Post
everytime I go on its DEAD!!!
I beg to differ. These people........

@Yog
@shagzomatic
Charlene
JakeR1
failbot

Are always in chat. They never leave. And they also never talk.

Kind of reminds me of the rest of the forum.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 10:25 AM
7c Forever

Charlene and Failbot aren't actually people.

Yog is the admin, he generally doesn't come to that channel unless he's needed.

Shagz and Jake are IT professionals, they don't leave but if they're busy at work they can't talk.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 AM
doomsday machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I beg to differ. These people........

@Yog
@shagzomatic
Charlene
JakeR1
failbot

Are always in chat. They never leave. And they also never talk.
I also beg to differ.

Those of us who are in there all the time aren't necessarily paying attention 100% of the time. I know I personally am not sitting here watching that window, anxiously awaiting someone to log in so I can immediately type at them. We do talk, but it just happens that we're not talking during the tiny windows you happen to pop in for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chat
12:03:25-!- Matt [[email protected]] has joined #bikes
12:03:56-!- Matt [[email protected]] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF)]
12:24:08-!- Matt [[email protected]] has joined #bikes
12:24:40-!- Matt [[email protected]] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF)]
...so you pop in for 30 seconds or less at a time, and you don't say anything yourself. Same thing goes for 95% of other people who complain that "nobody's ever in chat". Try staying longer, or actually saying something. Hell, even the bot will talk back to you if you talk to it.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagzomatic View Post
I also beg to differ.

Those of us who are in there all the time aren't necessarily paying attention 100% of the time. I know I personally am not sitting here watching that window, anxiously awaiting someone to log in so I can immediately type at them. We do talk, but it just happens that we're not talking during the tiny windows you happen to pop in for.

...so you pop in for 30 seconds or less at a time, and you don't say anything yourself. Same thing goes for 95% of other people who complain that "nobody's ever in chat". Try staying longer, or actually saying something. Hell, even the bot will talk back to you if you talk to it.
actually almost everytime i went in to the chat I said something. It was usually something goofy like........."Hey anyone wanna cyber?" etc.......but I usually said something. And noone ever responded. So your lying.

And as far as "Oh you have to stay in for more than 30 seconds to get a response BS" ..........whatever.

cause I have a thread in general discussion right now asking for peoples advice on bikes and what is or is not a good deal cause I plan on buying a new bike this summer. And only 2 people have responded. I added another post to my thread early yesterday with a link to craigslist........asking if a 07 R1 for 8500 was a good deal and still no response. The Help responses given on this forum are for shit. It use to be WAY better years ago when I actually had a bike. Now it's hopeless. So don't act like I don't have patience. This spring when I buy a bike I had planned to donate and become a site sponsor to help out with the forum. But now I feel it is pointless. What would I be paying for? I sure as hell wouldn't be getting any advise cause for somer reason people find it hard to give a random person they dont know advise on what they think is a good deal etc... That's the whole point of a forum is it not? Oh but I'm not on here EVERYDAY and I haven't made some BIG name for myself like some others......so just ignore him.

Whatever dude.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Resident Redneck

^ That not totally true. Some people don't give responses cause they just don't know the answers to your questions, it not because they don't know you.

Also being winter time lot of people have gone off the site, but they usually come back in time for summer and for race discussions.

There are discount and some very nice info in the supporter section specially during race season.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Resident Redneck

Just for the record, you asked about the 07R1 yesterday, don't get upset if you don't get an immediate response.

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 01:46 PM
doomsday machine

Quote:
actually almost everytime i went in to the chat I said something. It was usually something goofy like........."Hey anyone wanna cyber?" etc.......but I usually said something. And noone ever responded. So your lying.
That's really nice. Call me a liar because I didn't go look back through all my chat logs and investigate every single time you've logged in. I looked at what I had right in front of me.

My bad. You logged in 6 total times -- four times on Friday, and twice today. Three of those times on Friday, you said something, the rest you said absolutely nothing. Three of those Friday logins were during the span of one single hour...while I was asleep. I'd bet the others signed in were not directly in front of their computers during that single hour, either.

Is that account of your chat activity accurate enough for you?

There were, however, several people in chat and talking quite a bit Monday through Thursday of last week, as well as the first part of this week. As I said before, the minimal amount of time you logged in just happened to be when the rest of us weren't talking.

Quote:
And as far as "Oh you have to stay in for more than 30 seconds to get a response BS" ..........whatever.
I'm sorry that we're not there and waiting for you to log in 24 hours a day so you can be instantly gratified. If you think that someone has to respond to you in chat in a timely manner whenever you're there, go log into EFnet or something. They'll probably willfully ignore you there, rather than just being away from the computer like we were.

Quote:
cause I have a thread in general discussion right now asking for peoples advice on bikes and what is or is not a good deal cause I plan on buying a new bike this summer. And only 2 people have responded. I added another post to my thread early yesterday with a link to craigslist........asking if a 07 R1 for 8500 was a good deal and still no response. The Help responses given on this forum are for shit. It use to be WAY better years ago when I actually had a bike. Now it's hopeless. So don't act like I don't have patience. This spring when I buy a bike I had planned to donate and become a site sponsor to help out with the forum. But now I feel it is pointless. What would I be paying for? I sure as hell wouldn't be getting any advise cause for somer reason people find it hard to give a random person they dont know advise on what they think is a good deal etc... That's the whole point of a forum is it not? Oh but I'm not on here EVERYDAY and I haven't made some BIG name for myself like some others......so just ignore him.

Whatever dude.
I'd seriously doubt that's what's going through everyone's mind here when reading your posts and/or deciding whether to reply to them.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I can tell you I've been busy with a death in my family, illness, and things that pay my bills. Today is the first time I've been logged into this forum since late last week due to all of that. Like it or not, we don't hate you and we're not "ignoring" you because you're not one of the "cool kids."

Maybe if you think it's soooooooo incredibly terrible here, you should just quit trying to piss on everyone around here and go somewhere else. I know that I personally wouldn't miss the attitude you've decided to bring out here today. That attitude will get you ignored more than your imagined forum status will.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode