Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
They call me a ride whore

Send a message via AIM to thirdgenlxi
Now you want to talk about a tight road.... (video)

I'll show you a tight road!

DISCLAIMER: This is not a fast paced video or ride, so if hauling ass and cheating death is your thing, then this video may bore you. You've been warned! This is most definitely not a haul ass road, plus I'll fully admit that super tight and technical I'm not really that great at anyways, so I just took it slow and steady. Lots of debris on this road too, and alot of drop offs so you've gotta be real careful. This is most definitely NOT an area you'd want to go down in, especially when you're by yourself (which I was)

Anyways, was out last weekend riding with some buddies and they took us up this road. We weren't gonna go up it originally but then decided to after all once we got there. This is definitely one of the tightest, steepest roads I've been on in quite some time. Definitely a challenge even at slower speeds, between the steep grades, completely blind curves, and wet leaves and other debris in the road in the middle of a steep hairpin. Still fun though. I busted out the ol' video camera and headed back there yesterday to try it out again. This SR 1151 near Saluda, NC

Sign at the beginning... I told you it was steep. Video definitely does it no justice

This is the road on google maps. Last weekend we came at it from the north-eastern direction and it's just smooth easy sweepers for miles and miles and miles, then BAM... this

SR 1151, Saluda, NC - Google Maps

Going up

And going back down

See why I love living here?? LOL All kinds of roads like this right in my back yard, although I gotta say this one is definitely one of the tightest I've been on in some time!

-Jared
Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 224,400 miles and counting quick
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 09:35 AM
No Crying Allowed

looks a little narrow for me... pretty slow and risky lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Squid Assassin

Yeah, that's a tad bit tight. Closer to one lane than two...

07 GSXR 1000
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 12:19 PM
7c Forever

nice! reminds me of back home. Are they all paved down your way or a fair few still gravel/corduroy?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Gawd I LOVE riding N.C and Tennesee - the best roads in N.America i.m.o (oh and P.a - and Cape Breton - and B.C) but apart from that I've heard Cali is nice....and Colorado... and New Mexico...

But no matter where you go this has got to rank as a great f*ckin road

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 11-25-2009 at 08:54 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 01:58 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
Sketchy.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
looks like roads over here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode