Media Photochops, Vids, and Pics... (Work Safe)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Golden Globe Awards

I know, not really bike related at all, but I highly recommend you guys see "The Hurt Locker."

It's up for film of the year and best director and I sincerely think it deserves both of those. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen ever, probably the best film I've seen since Fight Club or maybe American Beauty.

The Hurt Locker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Long and short is that it's about an IED disposal crew in Iraq, it's not really anti-war or "team America, fuck ya!!" it doesn't get into the politics at all, just about how those particular 3 guys do their job and deal with the stress they're under.

It's possible that Avatar will oust it, but personally I didn't really think Avatar was that great a movie. Special effects and cinematography were good for sure, but the story was lackluster at best. I mean really if you've seen the Disney take on Pocahontas, you've basically seen a low-tech version of Avatar.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I know, not really bike related at all, but I highly recommend you guys see "The Hurt Locker."

It's up for film of the year and best director and I sincerely think it deserves both of those. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen ever, probably the best film I've seen since Fight Club or maybe American Beauty.

The Hurt Locker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Long and short is that it's about an IED disposal crew in Iraq, it's not really anti-war or "team America, fuck ya!!" it doesn't get into the politics at all, just about how those particular 3 guys do their job and deal with the stress they're under.

It's possible that Avatar will oust it, but personally I didn't really think Avatar was that great a movie. Special effects and cinematography were good for sure, but the story was lackluster at best. I mean really if you've seen the Disney take on Pocahontas, you've basically seen a low-tech version of Avatar.
Avatar is up to make a bundle of money. Already 5 weeks on top with no signs of dwindling.

Modern Warfare 2 just cracked $1 billion in sales in the last two months..fooking hell.

Oh back on track here, I definitely want to see Hurt Locker

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

yea Avatar won it. Not sure how I feel about that, the story was honestly not that good at all. Cameron won for best director too, and said in his acceptance speach that he thought Kathryn was going to win it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Hurt locker looks good I'll have to catch one night when the woman isn't home not sure she would want to watch it..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Avatar was a piece of garbage that Cameron shit all over in order to make a ton of money.

These are my favorites of the year.

The Hurt Locker
The White Ribbon
Departures
Up in the Air
A Serious Man
Inglorious Basterds
Anvil: The Story of Anvil.( Great Docu.)
Food,Inc. (Another good Docu.)
District 9
500 Days of Summer
Zombieland

Kids/Family:

Where the Wild Things Are
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Coraline

Most hated two films I saw this year:

Invictus/Avatar.

Still waiting to see Sin Nombre and Crazy Heart.

Last edited by Mayo5; 01-31-2010 at 10:01 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

I would've ranked District 9 higher actually, I quite enjoyed that one.

Invictus was that bad? I was gonna go see that one.

I gotta see Where the Wild Things Are, that was a remarkable book.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 10:27 AM
The answer? Simple: 42

Haven't seen many movies this year. But, I really like Where the Wild Things are. They did a very good job following the book. Some spots were a little cheesy and over the top. But, overall very good.

Actually, reviewing Beav's list, I just realized that I'd only seen one or two movies this past year..

For those of you who are cutting on Avatar for the storyline, you have to understand that that is very much a common theme that's regurgitated over and over again.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

oh no doubt, however it's a fairly important component of the film to just wing.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:13 AM

I think the most "political" movie that's been released within the past couple of years is "WALL-E"
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Future King of the World

Quote:
oh no doubt, however it's a fairly important component of the film to just wing.
I agree. I'm all for a turn your brain off and watch the explosions movie, hell I'm a huge fan of "B" movies and shitty movies. I can deal with a over cliche'd story, but what I don't like is a complete copy of several stories. There was no, and I mean no attempt to add any creative sense to the same old story.

I mean you called the substance you are searching for "unobtanium". I mean come on. Really?

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

lol, yea.

I do miss the B movies tho, thank god for Tarantino keeping us supplied with them.

And oddly enough, the people that rant and rave about how awesome Avatar was, hated Snakes on a Plane. Which I thought was hilarious and brilliant.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 04:33 PM

Jeebus. I haven't seen snakes on a plane either. Looked mighty stupid to me.

Now, before you go off on me, I enjoy good comedy. I just wouldn't list that as being one
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

IT WON BEST PICTURE AT THE OSCARS!!!

fuuuuuuck yes, now that's Kathryn sticking one to her ex husband right there, she took best director too, bwaaaaaahahahahahahahaha.

I shouldn't laugh too hard, Jimmy's from not far from where I'm from but damn it's good to see titans fall.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Future King of the World

Quote:
IT WON BEST PICTURE AT THE OSCARS!!!

fuuuuuuck yes, now that's Kathryn sticking one to her ex husband right there, she took best director too, bwaaaaaahahahahahahahaha.

I shouldn't laugh too hard, Jimmy's from not far from where I'm from but damn it's good to see titans fall.

I'm just fucking glad Avatr didn't win a bunch. I would have really lost all respect for the Oscars.

It was weird year for Oscars, the best films came from Indie directors/studios, or foreign films.

If you guys are into foreign films or ones with good chacter development, then definately check out The White Ribbon and A Prophet.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

I'll have to check those ones out.

Did you see Precious? a lot of talk about it but I didn't catch it, might have to make a point of seeing it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Gang Green

star trek won the series first ever oscar been nominated several times, but never won before.
It's just makeup, but I'll take it

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Future King of the World

Quote:
I'll have to check those ones out.

Did you see Precious? a lot of talk about it but I didn't catch it, might have to make a point of seeing it.
Yeah, it's pretty good. My main problem is with all the hype that surrounded it. It became a pretty pretentious film for me. A pretty rough story, but I don't care one bit how it was glorified by the devil Oprah and basically put up to win awards instead of telling a story.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

ahhhh, I hadn't heard about Oprah's involvement in the whole thing.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Future King of the World

Quote:
ahhhh, I hadn't heard about Oprah's involvement in the whole thing.
Yeah, I believe her publishing company was the one that bought out the book. Then I believe she used her name and evil powers to get it a movie script and picked up.

I also truly hate that it's a "black" story, and not just a story about a person who had to endure horrible circumstances and yet still moves on.

That is what really irks me.

Last edited by Mayo5; 03-08-2010 at 09:16 PM.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

lol @ Oprah's "evil powers"

evil voodoo witchdoctor powers?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode