General Bike Talk Open discussion area for all topics relating to Motorcycles (non brand specific please)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

RIP to a great guy and a member to this forum

I am not sure who is aware but we had a fellow rider who is also a member on this forum (aar0ncee) and one hell of a guy pass away today after being involved in a terrible motorcycle accident that happened a week ago.

He was very active on R6Messagenet and for those of you interested there is a very large thread on R6Messagenet that was following his progress but he is now in a better place.

CLICK HERE FOR THE DONATION LINK

Here is a link to the thread
http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/s...d.php?t=128226

I had the pleasure of chatting with him several times on the net and he is one hell of a guy and was always positive.

You will be missed Aaron...

Here are a few things talking about everything as the days went on

Quote:
I got some shit news!! Aaron was on his bike last night and was hit by a car he is in ECU he crushed his helmet and cracked his skull they have him in a drug induced coma ...this is all I know for know im going to tonight to see him and will post more when I know it!!!

Thad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updates
Update from Aresixxer
6/5/07 8:51PM PDT

So about what happened.

Aaron and i was riding earlier that day and it was really windy and ugly day and what not. I got tired and told aaron im not feeling it and its not feeling right and i told him to go home. Wich he did. Then i guess one of his neighbors just got a bike and then went over to ask aaron if he wanted to go ride so thats when aaron went out agian.

I guess there was a group of 12 of them.

(this is where there was 2 differant stories)

Ether

A. The 17 yr old kid ran the stop sign
B. The kid only looked one way then pulled out.

So aaron ended up hitting the truck then flying over the trucks hood then the 2nd rider ran into aarons bike causing the bike to land on aarons head.

The 2nd guy that went down called his wife to come help them at the scene of the accident and on the way, the wife got T bonned by someone that ran a red light.

I guess noone talked to the police or anything like that. We would have to get in touch of one of the guys that were there to veryfy what all had happen.

Ive been there for the past 2 days and havent slepped yet.

Also quit my job..lol ohwell...

Anyways...

Hearing mixxed stories about the coma deal. He was unconious at the scene of the accident.

His DAD says its a real coma. And others are saying its induced.

Well Aaron has a gash across his chin skull deep. They stitched him up aready.

His eye socket is fractured. and will need surgery to get the small fragments out and he will be getting metal plates in serveral spots.

They drilled a hole on top of his skull and stuck a probe in there to keep track of how his brain swelling is doing.

Agian i will keep everyone posted.

------------------------------------------
Update from Tack R6
6/6/07 11:56AM PDT

Taken from AkRegulators - our buddy posted this after going to see Aaron and talking with some nurses regarding the coma -

It's apparently a little of both. I talked to two of the nurses and they both said the same thing: We have him under heavy anesthesia so that his brain can stay as relaxed as possible to minimize swelling due to stimulation. (this is why they will not take calls or allow visitors to let his brain relax as much as possible) When we do brain activity tests (these are mechanical tests they're doing like testing reflexes {GCS}, not hooking him up to anything that measures real brain activity like an EEG, from what I gathered) whether he is under the heavy anesthesia or not, we don't get very good response. When we reduce the anesthesia and perform the same tests he responds some, but nothing meaningful like say, opening his eyes and talking.

So, it sounds like a sort of combination. Both of the nurses referred to it as an induced coma which makes sense because at this point, even if he was able to regain consciousness he could not since he is under anesthesia. In my noob opinion, the so-called "real coma" sounds like a direct result of the swelling and will hopefully not be a problem once the swelling goes away.

---------------------------------------------
Update from Thad
6/7/07 10:31AM PDT
New news.... he is not getting better... but the good news is it's not getting worse!!! and from what the DOC's say thats some how good !!! his helmet did it's job well from what the doc's told us and took the worst of it!! but his eye socket is fractured and it will need to be fixed! but he is till in a coma...
Aaron it a tuff dude he will pull through this! just keep him in your thoughts!!!
Thad

----------------------------------------------
Update from Tack R6
6/7/07 3:05PM PDT
More Updates from AKregulators: Jesse (Blueblur) posted today

Updates:
No new news really, like Adrenalin said.

From what his dad said he gets 1's right across the board on the Glasgow Coma Scale(GCS). They've done some CT scans and it he has some moderately deep contusions, but they are spread somewhat evenly so the helmet seems to have done well. He also has no skull fractures, or any fractures for that matter anywhere besides the zygomatic fracture under his right eye.

Yesterday we saw him breathing on his own, but apparently he’s always been able to do that but they keep him so thoroughly comatose with anesthesia that the respirator does his breathing for him most of the time in order to minimize use of, and therefore swelling of his brain.

He should have surgery within 3 weeks to remove the broken bone near his eye and have it replaced with a small plate, which I thought was pretty sweet; a la The Terminator.

The cops have his bike and helmet. His father showed some interest in posting some pictures so hopefully we’ll be able to get some of those up soon.

That’s about all I got last night. Keep the positive thoughts flowing his way.

akbikerboy wrote:
surgery in 3 weeks??

Yeah, surgery like that generally needs to be performed within 3 weeks of the accident before too much healing takes place and dense scar tissue develops.

akbikerboy wrote:
how long is he supposed to be in the hospital for??

Your guess is as good as anyone else's, including his doctors. My WAG is 2 weeks assuming the pressure and swelling begin remission immediately, the contusions heal very quickly, and when everything is clear he wakes up with 100% brain function.

akbikerboy wrote:
so his eye socket isn't 'crushed' huh? just a small piece broke?

Yeah. I didn't get to see any images but it isn't crushed, per se. Last night I got the impression it is a compound orbital fracture with a piece or a few pieces broken and displaced.

It seems like some of the folks there are hypothesizing that somehow a handlebar or some other object came through the front of his helmet. Personally I don't buy that but it will be interesting to see the helmet.

-------------------------------------------------
Update from Tack R6
6/8/07 10:14AM PDT
Here is the latest i pulled from AKRegulators
So Again from AKregulators - Jesse (BlueBlur) Wrote :

I have the same no-new-news report as yesterday. His ICP is still high. He's still anesthetized such that he is kept in a coma. They haven't planned surgery to remove the broken bone from his orbit yet. His GCS score is still 3 from what I gathered. I still didn't get to see the CT scans but from what his father said it sounds like he has some pretty large contusions in various parts of his brain. He has one between the left and right hemispheres, some down by his cerebellum, and of course some up in the frontal lobe.

It would be nice to take a look at some CT scans. There's a few nagging questions that I can't get answers to. The first is what his initial GCS score was. I assume it was 3 but don't know that for a fact. It would also be nice to know what all the GCS scores were in the first 24 hours after the accident. I've gathered indirectly that they've all been 3, but I don't know that for a fact. It is also helpful to know how his pupils responded to light both initially and within 24 hours.

I guess yesterday he displayed some good reflex responses, slapping a nurse away when she removed a piece of tape that pulled out some hair with it.

I guess you can really sum everything up in brief by saying:

Aaron has a really bad brain injury and is in a coma. The huge ranges of prognoses at this point vary from death to full recovery and don’t really offer much useful insight. With a little more info or a talk w/ the neurosurgeon I could spout off a bunch of, very likely, grim statistics that, again, wouldn't help. All we can do is wait, and let Aaron and his caretakers do their best, hoping for a full recovery.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update from tack R6's latest post 6/9/07 (post #272)

Update from Aarons dad, Overall news is positive, the fact Aaron was breathing on his own most of the day etc...

DO NOT BE OVERLY ALARMED ABOUT AARON'S CONDITION

I called the ICU at 5:30 a.m. and Aaron had to be put back on the ventilator this a.m. He was breathing on his own most of the day and night yesterday and with some reduction his medications as well… ICU wanted to see how his system would respond. The nurse told me that the pressure in is skull (ICP) started rising earlier today and his BP as well; it looked like his body was working far to hard resulting in a significant rise in ICP. The indications are that his brain is starting to swell again; however, they have been able to reduce the ICP somewhat. They were taking a chest x-ray when I called, so I couldn’t ask as many questions as usual. I will be leaving shortly for the hospital, and appreciate all your prayers.

Aaron’s regression is not uncommon for the type of closed head traumatic brain injury (TBI) he has. He is resting comfortably as I write this update.

God bless,

Fred
------------------------------------------------
Update from Tack R6
6/10/07 12:24PM PDT (post #287)
Latest from Aarons dad

I just talked with his ICU nurse and Aaron is stable, however, his brain has swelled causing an increase in the cranial pressure. They're keeping him sedated and want to keep stimulation to a minimum. Otherwise he looks really good; swelling around his broken eye socket and nose has receeded. I'm sorry to say that today, we must limit visitors to immediate family and keep him calm and undisturbed. Please know the family appreciates all you concerns and prayers; if there is a major change in is condition today, I will post an announcement from the hospital. God bless each and everyone of you and ride safely. Fred Grinnell

---------------------------------------
Update from thad
6/11/07 9:22AM PDT (post #305)
from Aaron's Dad
"Aaron has been very stable all night. His celebral pressure has now stablized well below 20, (it's was as high as 51 Friday and has fluctuated all over the place until last night). Some of the medication they were using are now being reduced. He looked real good yesterday the last time I saw him and looks relaxed. We need to keep his stimulation down to a minimum; the nurses are keeping his door closed and the blinds closed. No visitors, only family for brief periods...we are not even going in his room when we go into the ICU. What ever is best for Aaron's recovery. HE IS ON THE MEND!

God bless you all and ride safely.
Fred"

---------------------------------------
Update from blue devil
6/11/07 6:52PM PDT (post #318)
I just talked with Tadd (TachR6) and im sorry to have to be the one to do this but Aaron didnt make it. I dont know details but please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I am so happy I got to meet and talk to him. Aaron was a great person and had definitely impacted my life. I will always share the little but good times we had and I will never forget him.

RIP Aaron

Last edited by svrds10; 06-12-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 08:30 PM

That's a really sad news, way too young.

My sincerest condolences. RIP Aaron
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Ta Moko

RIP

you have to be a member

Can you paste a little on what happened?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 08:57 PM
No Crying Allowed

DAMN

it looks like it's Aresixxer's friend as well.... he has been a member here and the R1F for a while now.

Very Very sad.

Aresixxer - please post up man.... are you ok?

Adrian, from the looks of the thread he was hurt about a week ago... a car pulled out in front of him and he flew over it, then the bike landed on his head... He is better off now and in a better place....

Prayers to his family and friends.....

I will paste up the donation link as well.

CLICK HERE FOR THE DONATION LINK

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

I just added some of what was said throughout the week in my first post.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Ask the Chief

RIP to a fellow forum member and rider. How absolutely terrible.

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

R1Lover - Yea they were BEST friends. Very sad.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:04 PM
phil-osepher

damn

So sad

My condolences

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Ta Moko

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/member.php?u=38896

WOW sorry to hear this, anyone post this over there:

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Very Sad.

RIP

Please be safe out there guys

let us know if we can do anything Arresixer
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:07 PM
No Crying Allowed

Thread stickied...........

If aresixxer thinks it's appropriate I will send out a mass e-mail to all the members here for support on this donation collection. I will also be making a donation on behalf of the forum and also myself.

RIP

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Ask the Chief

Good call R1Lover...I thought about doing that.

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

I already donated money yesterday morning but I will be donating some more right now as I feel his family needs it more than I.

R1Lover, feel free to add the donating information to my first post so people can find it easier.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:14 PM

Wow so sorry to hear. Prayers for the strength of his family and friends. God will welcome him in.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Random Sample

Horrible news. My most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
FAsT BOYS

R I P
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 PM

OMG..... I'm speechless. We had PM'd each other only weeks back.

... RIP bro. I'm shocked

My mods are ghey...
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:34 PM

R.i.p.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 04:06 AM
phil-osepher

where is the donation link R1Lover?
whoops, I see it now. thanks for putting it up

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 07:15 AM
I dont inhale

rip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode