Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

YOu guys ever consider giving up street riding?

I am considering switching to track riding... I am so down on the costs, danger, and harrassment by cops lately. I ride around town so paranoid all the time I dont know if its worth it. Its to the point I ONLY ride on sundays with our group and then I pack it back up and clean it all week. I think I'd have more fun on teh track. no cars, gravel, cops, oil, pedestrians etc to worry about.. and the insurance savings... I think in the next year I'll sentence the Gixxer to Track only status and buy a Motard for riding around town.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 11:25 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
well that wouldnt be completely giving up street but I understand you need to move to a place where you can ride and get away from cars and almost kill stupid ass bicyclists, like umm Colorado.. (little fuckers) anyways.

Track would be nice but I dont understand the insurance savings I though it would be more expensive to insure a track bike?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 11:30 PM

Nope... I love riding so much... I would do both if I could...

:corn
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn
Track would be nice but I dont understand the insurance savings I though it would be more expensive to insure a track bike?
you don't insure a track bike, unless you want theft coverage. insurance companies won't commonly cover a race-only vehicle for comprehensive. i don't insure mine, but i do carry theft.

i do track only, but i put the plate back on it for laguna. i had no choice...wasn't going to sit in traffic. i was just glad that the popo didn't mess with me. since the headlights and plates are back on it, i've ridden on the street a couple times in the last month. i have realized i don't miss it. maybe i would have more fun on a motard, but i'm just too paranoid of getting caught now.

i'm not a trackday nazi. if you ride street, have fun. but i will try to pull every guy i can onto the track.....it's an experience like no other. i can do one trackday a month, and it's enough. i just look forward to the next one.

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I would only carry total loss coverage like theft, fire, flood etc.

My insurance right now is $377 a month...... yeah... I have 1 not at fault accident (My father screamed at me to report it... what a dumb move), 2 speeding ( 5 over), and one following too closely.... bad situation... An off duty cop was driving with his gf in the car pool lane with no other cars on the road and he was doing 5 under the speed limit.. so I flashed him twice and he break checked me.... then called the UHP and they nailed me.

and im 24, single... and have a deathbike... bleh its killing me. 2 more months and im going to be 25... and when im in Thailand im going to pick up a wife for more savings...

Im only half kidding about the thailand wife part. 8)
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 12:20 AM

I dont call it quiting I call it taking a break. When it comes to being sick and tired of the popo issues yes I lay low for a week, maybe 2 cuz I'm so fuckin disgusted at the fuckin profiling bullshit!!! I gotta ride, it sucks being limited to just a track. I couldnt survive that way. Restrictions dont work well for me mentally.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Don't think I could do it. You don't get to see all the back-road scenery from laps around a track.

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 03:40 AM

I would like to only ride on the track, but i love it too much and there's not enough track days here to keep me satisfied, so i can't give riding on the streets
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 03:50 AM

:imwst
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 06:20 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
if you had the cash and the time, i'm sure you could get away with track only riding...

but lets be honest, a coupla bucks for some petrol and food... and you've got a whole day of fun on the road

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 07:35 AM

Re: YOu guys ever consider giving up street riding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
I am considering switching to track riding... I am so down on the costs, danger, and harrassment by cops lately. I ride around town so paranoid all the time I dont know if its worth it. Its to the point I ONLY ride on sundays with our group and then I pack it back up and clean it all week. I think I'd have more fun on teh track. no cars, gravel, cops, oil, pedestrians etc to worry about.. and the insurance savings... I think in the next year I'll sentence the Gixxer to Track only status and buy a Motard for riding around town.
My bad, you'r reading my mind or what?? I'm telling myself the same thing everyday. The only problem here in Canada is that we have something like 5 track for the entire country , so it would be 4 hours of road to get to the closest one everytime.

In USA there's tracks everywhere, you lucky biatches!!!!
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny2Wheels
The only problem here in Canada is that we have something like 5 track for the entire country.

move.

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
Don't think I could do it. You don't get to see all the back-road scenery from laps around a track.
that's true. however, it's two different mentalities. i love to see back country roads, but to be honest, i'm not looking at scenery much as i'm concentrating on the next set of corners going a buck-20. if i'm doing the back country for the enjoyment of the scenery, it's going to be on a cruiser or dual-sport.

every time i swing a leg over the r1, all i can think about is the fastest way i can get from point a to b. i got in trouble because i rode the street like it's a racetrack. so......i decided to only go to the track. just how my brain works.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:31 AM

I never could..... Riding to work everyday keeps me sane...
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Ta Moko

Sometimes I do but not due to safety concerns. Southern CA Is invested with CHP and right now they are profiling sportbikes, harleys, cruisers get away with a lot more. I loved it when I lived In central CA coast as you could ride all day and never see a cop. Since I moved here[San Diego Co] I've got the following tickets;

1. Angels Crest Hwy. DY ticket/ year 1999
2. Palomar Mt. DY ticket, plane/ year 2000
3. Montezuma 80mph ticket/ year 2004
4. Montezuma DY ticket/ year 2005

I won all those tickets

I did get 3 tickets In SLO county in 1998 and lost all three

But none of those were on the backroads.

Coast Hwy 1 North of Moro bay, speeding 80MPH in a 55 zone, I was @ 130MPH before I spotted the cop. That was on my old bike a YZF 750

Another speediing ticket, Hwy 101

last improper lane change.

I lost all these because I did not fight them. I know better now.

I would love to ride the track once a month but just can't afford it.

CHP suck

Mark I heard Stout is busting riders on Palomar now since he crashed his BMW police bike twice on Angels Crest. His last crash he laided it down in a curve chasing some sportbikers. lol

I need to move

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny2Wheels

My bad, you'r reading my mind or what?? I'm telling myself the same thing everyday. The only problem here in Canada is that we have something like 5 track for the entire country , so it would be 4 hours of road to get to the closest one everytime.

I need to fly to get to a decent track. 5 1/2 - 6 hours minimum flight time one way depending on location. Its all worth it in the end you know!

There's a track I'll be going to soon to ride, I have been waiting a long time to go there. I'll tell you all after I attend with pics of course.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 12:56 PM

i pay more for gas in a month for my bike than i do for insurance......by a lot!

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 01:02 PM

Rub it in why dont cha BUDA
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
I need to move
no, you need to go to the track.

just so everyone knows, i offered to pay his way just ONCE to see what a trackday is like....probably would take him to streets of willow.

i'm still waiting for him to accept.....

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1
Rub it in why dont cha BUDA
you commute everyday....you should be spending just as much.

or is your insurance that expensive?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode