Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Gun lovers...

OK - who's got an arsenal at home ?

Particularly interested in Glock owners. Been thinking of adding a Glock 21 to my toys.

I currently have a IMI Jericho 941FS (Baby-Eagle), and it's a very nice gun, but I would really like to have a .45 now.

Bear in mind that owning or obtaining a gun in Belgium is not so simple. In order to get my license I had to:

1) Be invited by someone in a gun club (target range) to join the club
2) Learn how to shoot
3) Pass a theoretical exam on Belgian gun law
4) Screened by Belgian secret service
5) Interview by police of next of kin (Is your husband a psycho ?)
6) Practical exam taken by Belgian police
7) Pay about 3 times what you guys pay for a gun

About the exams I think it's a good thing, since when I did my practical exam, we were told to go to the firing line, fire 3 rounds, and make the weapon safe. (uncock, release chambered bullet from the gun, lay away gun in safe position)

One of the numbnuts in the line stopped firing, then swung around his weapon with a chambered bullet all over the place asking "what do I do now ?". Everybody was ducking and thinking this MOFO was going to do an accidental discharge... The instructor yanked the gun from his hands and kicked his stupid ass. "YOU FUCKUP ! YOU WILL NEVER OWN A GUN FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE"

Anyway, is the Glock 21 a good gun ? Reliable and accurate ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 03:23 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Went pheasant hunting one time with a customer and his kids well these kids have hunted but never in groups with dogs.. one of the fuckin kids swung his gun right into the group fired and 2 guys got hit with 1 BB each, one in the hand and the other in the neck.. They were fine the guy that got hit in the neck didn't realize until a week later when he poped a BB out of his neck

THANK GOD I was in the 2nd group only 4 of us.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 03:32 PM

I love guns too... but it's so hard to get a handgun license in Canada... especially at my age... the requirements are worst than the ones you listed...

I prefer Glock 30 and 36... the compact version of .45.... 8)

Or the HK USP...

:
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn
Went pheasant hunting one time with a customer and his kids well these kids have hunted but never in groups with dogs.. one of the fuckin kids swung his gun right into the group fired and 2 guys got hit with 1 BB each, one in the hand and the other in the neck.. They were fine the guy that got hit in the neck didn't realize until a week later when he poped a BB out of his neck

THANK GOD I was in the 2nd group only 4 of us.
That's possible? The guy didn't bleed at all from his neck?

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
I love guns too... but it's so hard to get a handgun license in Canada... especially at my age... the requirements are worst than the ones you listed...
Are you serious ? It's only a short hop across the border from the US ? Hard to imagine there's such a world of difference...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
minnesota last year passed a law that w/o a major crime or anything almost anyone can get a conceiled gun permit. most places put signs up banning them. not sure if i like how easy it is to carry one conceiled. i disagree w/ conceiled permits. i want to know who is carrying unless they work in law enforcement. just my .02.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Correction... My permit is not a CC permit. It's only good to actually keep the weapon in my home, and transport it on the shortest route between my home and the target range or the gunsmith...

In belgium you only get a CC permit if you are either LEO or diamond courier or something (security, bodyguard,...)

Ordinary citizens don't EVER get the right to carry, concealed or otherwise.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 04:03 PM

Heres some pics of my Springfield XD40,, I like it alot better than the glocks i've shot. Heres more info too.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products.shtml

Rsta
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2_122.jpg (121.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 1_158.jpg (148.4 KB, 35 views)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04R1Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
Are you serious ? It's only a short hop across the border from the US ? Hard to imagine there's such a world of difference...
Oh I'm serious... Canada is really not guns happy at all... it's totally the inverse of the US... for me to get a handgun license, I have to like past a few exams, interview by police and have them cross-check you, get an agreement from your neighbors, and I will also need 3 professionals people, like doctor or lawyer, to sign something saying they have known me for years and I'm a good guy blad blad blad...

And this is not a CC license too, just like you, I can only keep the weapon in my home, and transport it on the shortest route between my home and the target range or the gunsmith... and the gun must always be locked in the trunk while transporting it...

On the other hand, rifles and shortguns are different story, hunting license is quite easy to get... I think I only need to past like one exam, that's all... yeah the guns law here is really sucked for people who likes handguns...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 06:58 AM
HillBilly

Send a message via AIM to KWComp Send a message via Yahoo to KWComp
I have a CCW, currently own several guns and carry a Glock 21C. I wouldnt reccomend getting the C model again. The C stands for a built in muzzle brake that vents out the top of the slide. Its horrible for night shooting becuase the flash from the brake blinds you. Other than that its a nice gun, not the best for Concealed carry though becuase of its size. I prefer to carry a small revolver but I dont currently own any snub nose. As for worrying about people carrying concealed........its the unlicensed ones you have to worry about. Any one that has a CCW has gone through a pretty intensive back ground check. Here in Michigan you lose your CCW if you even get 2 points on your Drivers License for speeding.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 07:37 AM

I'd go with the XD as well.
I just got the tactical (5" barrel) version and i love it.
Much nicer than the Glocks that i have owned in the past.
Basically strips down the same way except it's easier to do.
same type of hammerless design, has a double safety in that is has a grip backstrap safety as well as the trigger safety like a glock.

does not come in 45 as i recall, but the 40 is still nice.

it was basically the same price as well.

plus it holds 12 in the magazine for the tactical model.

as to CCW, yeah, if you've gone through all of the requirements and background checks, then you are aware of all the laws and not the one I'm worried about.
It's all the little wannabe punks and thugs carrying them without a lisc that i worry about.
And it's been proven that allowing people easier access to CCW permits reduces crime quite dramatically.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode