Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

I like this place, how many is too many?

This forum reminds me of the old R1 forum of 3 years ago. At what point do forums spin out of control and get bad? Sure, alot of it is up to management but even other forums are a PITA because they are super-moderated or maxed out on advertising. On the CBR600rr forum, tons of threads are shuffled around and others are deleted, mods post warning all the time too.

I dunno, there seems to be a balance that must exist in order for things to be fun and remain that way. At what point are there TOO MANY members?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
when i get a feeling it's too many, i'll host a poll and then we will lock it down to where only referred members can get access. if we have a problem with a new member then the person who reffered them can exit the forum with them. that's how i've seen some bodybuilding forums get and it works really well at only getting in mature/educated people...we are a long ways off from that right now though

so go recruit

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
so go recruit
SIR YES SIR

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
so go recruit
SIR YES SIR
Lol !
Attached Images
File Type: gif we-want-you-150_175.gif (13.7 KB, 91 views)
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 12:48 PM

I hope this place can keep on going the way its going... Its just enough for what we need to stay sane.... I dont even think we have had 1 troll just yet.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1
I hope this place can keep on going the way its going... Its just enough for what we need to stay sane.... I dont even think we have had 1 troll just yet.
Give it time...
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04R1Belgium
Quote:
Give it time...
:corn

Suprised Red05Ryder hasn't tried to come aboard. And yes I agree this is much better than those 'other' forums.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 04:53 PM
FAsT BOYS

steve whats a troll
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 05:05 PM

a post that is deliberately incorrect, intended to provoke readers; or a person who makes such a post

Google mang.. :laugh : :laugh
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Ta Moko

You want me to invite a troll?

Abe

He wasn't really a troll but he did like to stir things up. Not only did he get banned on the other forum but they also deleted all his posts. Anyone who has knows him knows thats a lot of writing that got canned.

I think Abe's banned from here :pwnd

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
You want me to invite a troll?

Abe

He wasn't really a troll but he did like to stir things up. Not only did he get banned on the other forum but they also deleted all his posts. Anyone who has knows him knows thats a lot of writing that got canned.

I think Abe's banned from here :pwnd
ABE FOREMAN? (or however you spell it)
yea, that guy seemed smart and definitely could stir the pot, even worse than me seemed to know alot about politics, or he was just good at cut and paste :

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 06:07 PM

i would say abe was very good at stating his opinions, and that never bothered me at all.

what bothered me was the fact that he thought no one else wwas as smart as him, and when PROVED wrong, as happened quite a few times, he resorted toi childessness and immaturity.

Thats why he got banned, and why his posts were deleted.

same thing happened to jeremyb, and again, it wasn't much of a loss.....

X on the other hand (or poopcooter, or whatever other name he used) was a loss to the forum, and while again i didn't alweays agree with him, he would admit when he was wrong.

Idiots who get proved wrong and still fail to admit it, is one of the reasons i rarely visit that place anymore, and when i do, i stick to the attack pack squadron mostly.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 06:22 PM

btw, according to what i just looked up....219 was 1 to many...

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Jet
Quote:
Quote:
Give it time...

Suprised Red05Ryder hasn't tried to come aboard. And yes I agree this is much better than those 'other' forums.

sorry but gotta ask.....whats with you and this guy?

thats the second time I have heard you mention that
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
i'll admit when i'm wrong, it just hasn't happened yet...and the mummy thread don't count guys muahah

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Jet
Quote:
Quote:
Give it time...

sorry but gotta ask.....whats with you and this guy?

thats the second time I have heard you mention that

He was just the latest moron before he got nailed posting pics of an internet chick he said he was taggin at work. Someone found the pic and then the dude just starting being a total troll. It appears his posts have been deleted. Don't know how many saw that shit but before I found this place I used to rummage through the garbage over there.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha
i would say abe was very good at stating his opinions, and that never bothered me at all.

what bothered me was the fact that he thought no one else wwas as smart as him, and when PROVED wrong, as happened quite a few times, he resorted toi childessness and immaturity.

Thats why he got banned, and why his posts were deleted.

same thing happened to jeremyb, and again, it wasn't much of a loss.....

X on the other hand (or poopcooter, or whatever other name he used) was a loss to the forum, and while again i didn't alweays agree with him, he would admit when he was wrong.

Idiots who get proved wrong and still fail to admit it, is one of the reasons i rarely visit that place anymore, and when i do, i stick to the attack pack squadron mostly.

Have you forgotten the infamous NutballZ?

"my boys got ran over by some ricers....etc"

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Ask the Chief

interesting topic of conversation.....abe-

he and i went some serious rounds. that was back when i first got on the r1 forum, and i was fresh home from the war. i was taking everything WAAAY too seriously. took me to unplug and come back again to see that. there's nothing serious about online forums; we're all here to have a good time.

just for the record, abe had some serious education, and was on the 'debate team' from what i understand. guys like that make forums "colorful". every forum needs one or two to keep things interesting....we need at least ONE person to ban!!!! : :

in any case, i would get all patriotic on him, and he would always start quoting our forefathers and what they'd do. he was a REALLY negative dude...everything was always fucked up in some way. in hindsight, i actually enjoyed the banter. there's no politcs here (for the most part) and it's enjoyable. however, i REALLY enjoy political debate with a group of people that are mature enough to admit when they're wrong....just like i will. political debates can get interesting.

or debates about whether wd-40 is good for chains. : ghead

where did winders go anyway? :

anyways, that's what i've been saying for awhile. seems like the r1forum has been filled lately with people that are trying to make a name for themselves by saying something bold or out of line. that happens when you get big. i've seen ryder's posts, and he's a tool. probably some stupid kid that's posing to feel good about himself. he's one of many over there.

our little community is tight......and that's why i stay. :

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:42 AM

just for the record....
Abe was highly educated by the same educational system that tunrs out many of todays useless and unable to work MBA's........

The Fed-Ex commercial about "oh..you have an MBA...I'll have to show you" wasn't made because it's false.....

as to being on the debate team, so what, i did that, and it was the greatest waste of time in the world, just like on air political debates. Facts are irrelevant in debates, presence and volume usually win out. Watch a few of the Sunday news shows if you don't know what I'm talking about.

And as for quopting someone......Great. You read a book that quopted someone long dead. Do you know thats the quote? No, you don't. You're merely quoting someone who said that this is what someone said. Most of the famous quotes in history are wrong btw.....

Besides, quoting a book or person is great, but instead, how about you form an opinion of your own instead, rather than simply spew forth what others have said over and over and opver and over and over and over and over and over and over............

Ever see Good Will Hunting? the bar scene is one of the truest ever as it relates to students of higher education.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:55 AM

I never read 1 of his posts....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode