Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

WHERE IS THE PRESIDENT?!? WHERE IS THE HELP?!?

I can't FUCKING believe I'm watching people just DIE like animals in front of the Superdome. Where are the airdrops of water? food? Why is it so damn hard for us to fly aircraft in there (getting shot at OR NOT....i've been to iraq, and i know what getting shot at is). We can mobilize 150,000 troops in a week to go fight a war on foreign soil, but we can't get to our own people into someplace a few hundred miles away?!?

Where is the PRESIDENT?!? All these people need help, and it seems like nothing is getting to them. I heard grumbles today about us getting called up to go help with our helos, but nothing firm. He should have people DOWN THERE directing the rescue efforts.

There's reporters, journalists and news crews shooting footage at the Dome.....WHAT THE FUCK? Why can they get in and out?!? Is this reality TV or something?!?

Looters? National Guard troops need to be there NOW!!!!! What is taking so long?!

Fuck fixing the dykes, get the people OUT FIRST! Can't believe there's helicopters flying doing anything other than SAVING PEOPLE'S LIVES!!!

Am I the only one that feels rage about this?

sorry guys. i feel nothing but anger when i see a woman holding a baby in her lap that hasn't eaten in four days and is near death. That's stuff you see in Rwanda or Ethiopia......NOT NEW ORLEANS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 02:58 PM
FAsT BOYS

i agree, we send billions of dollars to foriegn countries to help them. but first let soldiers go and shoot anyone who is looting for anything other than food, water etc.
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 03:42 PM

I dont know how to respond other than
post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 03:52 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
It's bullshit... The roads into the surrounding area's was the priority after the hurricane and well that should be clear so semi's should be rolling in with water food and medical supplies.. the hard part is and will be getting the idiots out of the City where the water keeps rising..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
firehawk: they need the military in there, but i bet it's politics

nat. guard too strung out bro
the vehicles/air support all overseas or pilots are...etc...

i think bush might go down as the worst president ever. this war is killing us

nat. guard should be ALL OVER THE PLACE BY NOW

be easy to at least do air drops like you said...this isa clusterfuck. we have to have enough planes for that. even 2 big military c130's or what not could handle this job. i don't get it...

i know the looting we can't stop because the nat. guard is way too stretched. our bonus just went to 20k. that's funny cause active duty use to be 25k now for weekends i'm getting 20k to resign? and 10k loan repayment w/ that. this is way overdone. who is gonna pay for all this?

post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 05:40 PM

Good post man I agree with you 100% but what I want to know is where is are International Support ? WHen there is a disaster in the world we (Americans) are the first ones there with support. Yet I don't see other countries lining up to help us .
post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
bush didn't exactly gain us foreign support anywhere...he's not a "liked" president *shrugs*

post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 05:48 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
bush didn't exactly gain us foreign support anywhere...he's not a "liked" president *shrugs*

even if bush wasn't president... they wouldn't send help..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 05:51 PM

Fuck that we should have some IOU's out there and it's time to pay up .
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Ta Moko

I feel the same way

post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:10 PM

Ya where is the French!
post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Ta Moko

Its only like 50 miles off the interstate, bus's are even making the trip. Why can't they drive a few 18 wheelers in with bottled water and food?

I heard today a woman claiming armed teen's are raping babies and young woman. I would swear this is a country in Africa. I don't get it

post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:16 PM

I guess International aid is on it's way. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168203,00.html
post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:07 PM
don't read this

you know there would be a lot less problem if people would take heed of warnings..

I mean you are in New Orleans and you are BELOW SEA LEVEL.. what did you think was going to happen?

Too many people decided to "wait it" out and this is what happens..

plus we dropped the ball on aid too.. they should have had trucks ready to roll..

post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:09 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Offers have been received from Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, NATO and the Organization of American States, the spokesman said.
I retract my statement of people not wanting to help..

Quote:
Still, Bush told ABC-TV: "I'm not expecting much from foreign nations because we hadn't asked for it. I do expect a lot of sympathy and perhaps some will send cash dollars. But this country's going to rise up and take care of it."

"You know," he said, "we would love help, but we're going to take care of our own business as well, and there's no doubt in my mind we'll succeed. And there's no doubt in my mind, as I sit here talking to you, that New Orleans is going to rise up again as a great city."
somebody stop him from doing press conferences, please...

post #16 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Ta Moko

This just in. Soliders have landed in New Orleans and promise to hunt down the gangs terrorising the city. They are armed with M-16 and since they only just returned from Iraq, stopping or killing the bad guys should be no problum.

post #17 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Ta Moko

300 soliders with orders shoot to kill

post #18 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 09:34 PM

yeah it's all bush's fault.

he's the one who made all the people stay there!

he's the one who forced the state of Louisiana to be totally unprepared for this!

He's the one who is shooting at the people trying to help!

He's the one making the false reports of raping and violence that have had the SWAT teams from the state and local police running all over the place chasing fake tales!

He's the one who caused it all!!!!!

uhh, then why is it only in Louisiana where the big problems are surfacing, not in Mississippi, Alabama, and the like..........................................

The truth is, that a lot of these people are homeless vagrants who were rounded up and offered free shelter in the superdome by a state/local govenrment so ill prepared for any hurricane. let alone one of the most powerful in history.

It's the same thing that happened in 1969 when Camille ripped through Mississippi and Alabama but left NO largely untouched, however, those two states learned from it. Apparently another didn't.

Bush doesn't have to send in the guard, the governor can do it, and has. So have governor from other states.

btw, just a quick thought, but where is this miraculous supply of fresh water supposed to come from? The water treatment plants are shut down. electricity to run pumping stations is gone, and flying in tanks full of it might take more than a day to actually get set up and arrive, and even then, how much water is needed for 250,000 poeple?

cmon, blaming the president is stupid.

blaming the state/city for total unpreparedness is much more realistic and although not nearly as fun for some, it is the truth.

btw, they are moving people to Houston for a reason.......

IT"S THE CLoSEST AREA THAT CAN SUPPORT THE NEEDS OF THIS NUMBER OF PEOPLE!!!!!
post #19 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Ta Moko

Houston has turned away anymore bus's coming into the arodome. Seems they are full up after only a few thousend people, they did say they could take 25,000. Looks like they can't do the math.

Interesting reading

G-Day

http://www.grist.org/advice/books/20...bspan-boiling/

http://www.heatisonline.org/main.cfm

Global warming means warmer waters in the gulf which means we will get more cat 4 and 5 storms.

With its heavy bankrolling of the Bush campaign in the 2000 presidential election, the fossil-fuel industry won a victory beyond its wildest dreams. That industry's long-running campaign of climate-change denial and public deception rapidly became presidential policy. In short order, President Bush reneged on his campaign promise to cap emissions from coal-burning power plants, unveiled the fossil fuel-friendly Cheney energy plan (a fast track to climate chaos), and withdrew the U.S. from the Kyoto negotiations. Then, in a truly Orwellian stroke, the White House altered a U.S. EPA report, removing all references to the dangerous impacts of climate change on the United States.

You can read more on the above links I posted. Perhaps If Bush had not withdrew from the Kyoto negotiations this hurricane may have stayed at a cat 1.Robert F. Kennedy Jr. remarked hurricane Katrina should be called hurricane global warming

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2027

http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2.../index_np.html

Our generation faces the greatest moral and political crisis in human history. Will we take the steps necessary to avert catastrophic global warming or will we doom our children to a new Dark Ages in a world that is biologically and economically impoverished and defined by ever diminishing quality of life. According to the grimmest forecasts, extreme global warming could give us a future where erratic and chaotic weather, rising sea levels, and melting snowpack usher in an epic of drought, crop failure, famine, flood and mass extinctions -- and the political instability that invariably accompanies dwindling resources. Millions of environmental refugees uprooted by these calamities will challenge the existence of democracy, freedom, justice and human dignity in every corner of the globe. Our grandchildren may look longingly at our era as the apex of civilization and human progress.

August 25, 2005 at 04:49 AM in Science | Permalink

post #20 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Ta Moko

http://davenetics.com/newsmonger/200...he-whirlwind”/

Well, the science is clear. This month, a study published in the journal Nature by a renowned MIT climatologist linked the increasing prevalence of destructive hurricanes to human-induced global warming.

Now we are all learning what it’s like to reap the whirlwind of fossil fuel dependence which Barbour and his cronies have encouraged. Our destructive addiction has given us a catastrophic war in the Middle East and--now--Katrina is giving our nation a glimpse of the climate chaos we are bequeathing our children.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode