Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Michael Moore but he does make a point

Published on Friday, September 2, 2005 by Michael Moore
Vacation is Over... an Open Letter from Michael Moore to George W. Bush
by Michael Moore

Friday, September 2nd, 2005
Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
[email protected]
www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Ask the Chief

political advocates are going to have a hey-day with this.

i heard this morning jesse jackson is already saying the same thing as above....

he's going to have a real hard time with damage control on this one.

by the way....the san diego thing....it's a fact. he played three rounds of golf at the naval air station north island course. i know...i was there.

post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:20 AM

bush = the best
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1
bush = the best

Yeah the best BS artist ever.. We agree :

post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:25 AM

Bush =
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
political advocates are going to have a hey-day with this.

i heard this morning jesse jackson is already saying the same thing as above....

he's going to have a real hard time with damage control on this one.

by the way....the san diego thing....it's a fact. he played three rounds of golf at the naval air station north island course. i know...i was there.
Thats fucked up. Playing golf while people are dying needing his assistance.

post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:27 AM

dude 9/11.... remember him on film?
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1
dude 9/11.... remember him on film?

I never watched that movie just the trialers, where he is playing golf 24/7. Bush kind of reminds me of OJ when after he beat his murder trial he would play golf nonstop. Maybe there is something about the game of golf that makes you forget what a bad evil person you are.

post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:34 AM

Dude bush sits for like 45 mins not doing anything just kind of listening to the children... its was kinda crazy
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:50 AM

Bush does not have a reputation in ROW (Rest Of World) for being the brightest bulb on the tree...

One of his better quotes is: ""You're working hard to put food on your family."

Some other gems here:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/George_...angled_English
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 11:06 AM

Belguim thanks a million for that link
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Yeah man thanks. Priceless. I'm stills laughing my ass offer LMAO

Mangled English

Arranged chronologically where a date is provided; then alphabetized, until they can be dated

"Keep good relations with the Grecians."
The Economist, June 12, 1999
"You're working hard to put food on your family." [75]
Referring to difficulties of a single mother.
Often misquoted as, "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
January 27, 2000
"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."—Pella, Iowa, San Antonio Express-News
January 30, 2000 [76]
"We ought to make the pie higher."
Republican debate, February 15, 2000
"Actually, I--this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about--when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."
Hardball, May 31, 2000
"Quotas are bad for America. It's not the way America is all about."
St. Louis, Missouri, October 18th, 2000
"Dick Cheney and I do not want this nation to be in a recession. We want anybody who can find work to be able to find work."
60 Minutes II, December 5, 2000
"America needs a military where our breast and brightest are proud to serve, and proud to stay."
Dubya stirs up the troops, Fort Stewart, Georgia, Feb. 12, 2001
"Teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
Townsend, Tenn., February 21, 2001
"Our nation must come together to unite."
Tampa, June 4, 2001
"These terrorist acts and, you know, the responses have got to end in order for us to get the framework - the groundwork - not framework, the groundwork to discuss a framework for peace, to lay the - all right."
Referring to former Senator George Mitchell's report on Middle East peace, Crawford Texas, August 13th, 2001
"We will stand up for terror. We will stand up for freedom."
Campaign speech in Marlton, New Jersey, October 18, 2004 [77]
"The vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
Washington, D.C., October 27, 2003
"The prime minister brought up the Abu Garef [pause] si. situation."
June 22, 2004. Bush mispronounces the name of Abu Ghraib prison, the site of a scandal which had been the center of media attention for weeks.
"Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many O-B-G-Y-Ns aren't able to practice their, their love with women all across this country"
Missouri, September 6, 2004
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
Yahoo! News, August 5, 2004, upon signing a US$417 billion defense spending bill; Video at The Smoking Gun, Political humor at About.com
"After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain we will not have an all-volunteer army."
Daytona Beach, FL, October 16, 2004
"We thought we were protected forever from trade policy or terrorist attacks because our oceans protected us."
Santiago, Chile, November 20, 2004
Discussing the September 11th attacks.
"Our nation is a Pacific country, as well. And that's why the OPEC conferences are so important."
Santiago, Chile, November 20, 2004
Referring to APEC, the Asia-Pacific Economic Forum.
"I noticed today that the elections are on schedule for June the 30th. What we're doing is the right thing in Iraq, and history will prove it right."
Santiago, Chile, November 22, 2004
Iraq's first post-Saddam elections are scheduled for January 30th.
"A pee and s—free and secure Iraq in the midst of the Middle East will have enormous hist . . . uh . . . historical impact."
"Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
"How do you know if you don't measure if you have a system that simply suckles kids through?"
"I don't think we need to be subliminidible about the difference between our views on prescription drugs."
"In 1994 there were 67 schools in Texas that were rated exemplorary according to our own tests."
"It's one thing to have justice, it's another thing to go overboard with justice."
"Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning." (possible mishearing of "is—are children learning")
"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants." New York Times 2001 Jan 14[78]
"...the illiteracy level of our children are appalling."
"The Iraqi regime is a threat to any American, and to threats who are friends of America."
"The point I say to you is, is that, you know, if what you're suggesting is, is that, uh, what I'm suggesting to you is that you can't name the foreign minister of Mexico, therefore, uh, you know, you're not capable of what you do, but the truth of the matter is you're is, you are, whether you can or not."
"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says 'Fool me once . . . shame on . . . shame on you . . . Imafoola...I can't get fooled again.'"
"They misunderestimated me."
This is a . . . there was no malfeeance involved, this was a honest disagreement about . . . uh . . . accounting procedures."
"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile."
"We say to seniors, we understand how important prescription drug coverage. So prescription drugs will be an ingrinable part of the Medicare plan."
"We are dealing with people... who in many cases have been trained to disassemble. (pause) That means not tell the truth."
"You've heard Al Gore say he invented the internet. Well, if he was so smart, why do all the addresses begin with "W"?"
"If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything!"
"They said this issue wouldn't resignate with the People. They've been proved wrong, it does resignate."
"I believe a military of high morale is conducive to keeping the peace when we find a senior who has to choose between food and medicine-that's not our vision of America."
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy."
"More and more of our imports are coming from overseas."
"The woman who knew that I had dyslexia--I never interviewed her."
"We'll let our friends be the peacekeepers and the great country called America will be the pacemakers."
"As governor of Texas, I have set high standards for our public schools, and I have met those standards."
"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."
"No matter what anyone says, George can read a Teleprompter. Thus, he showed that he has all of the capabilities necessary to be an American president in the Information Age."
This campaign not only hears the voices of the entrepreneurs and the farmers and the entrepreneurs, we hear the voices of those struggling to get head"
"I'm running for President because I'm running for President"
"Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"
"I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun."
"I am responisible for all my mistakes. And so are you."
"The administration I'll bring is a group of men and women who are focused on what's best for America, honest men and women, decent men and women, women who will see service to our country as a great privilege and who will not stain the house."

:pwnd :pwnd :pwnd

post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 11:30 AM

Fucking my whole office has those on their screens right now!
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
wow, i didn't know he was playing golf. you know i'm a republican and i'm sure many others are on here also, but he's a PITIFUL president. this is horrible...

he just might go down as our worst prident in history. he's the first to start a war w/ a country who wasn't doing anything (not at war, no wmd, etc), just to build a democracy there.

post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 01:05 PM

Corey... there is evidence of WMD's.... Everything except 1 item...

My whole unit whitnessed MULTIPLE SEMI TRUCKS Barried underneat plastic with everything you need except 1 part which couldn't prove that it was meant for WMD.

Trust me Chem weapons are there and there is so much shit that we will never find. Wether or not the american public will know that is a different story.
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
wow, i didn't know he was playing golf. you know i'm a republican and i'm sure many others are on here also, but he's a PITIFUL president. this is horrible...

he just might go down as our worst prident in history. he's the first to start a war w/ a country who wasn't doing anything (not at war, no wmd, etc), just to build a democracy there.
our worst president in history???????

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah right after JImmie Carter,
John F Kennedy,
Woodrow Wilson,
Howard Taft,
Ukysses S Grant,
Andrew Jackson,

and a few others.........

pah lease.....
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 08:38 PM
No Crying Allowed

I'm going to move this post............................

over to the other forum............. LMAO

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
I'm going to move this post............................
over to the other forum............. LMAO

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

You should.....Adrian is getting owned by noobs over there.....

I read a few of the posts today over there, and I wanted to puke.

At least I know I can debate with Budha here, and it won't resort to name calling........

.......yet. :

It won't. That's just not my style. Name calling never won an argument. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. That's what makes me stay. :

post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Ask the Chief

by the way budha.....i started to worry what was at the bottom of all your laughing.... :

Adrian, Jimmie Carter WAS pretty bad......

At least Bush had enough BALLS to strike back after 9-11. Even Clinton RAN out of Mogadishu after one mission went awry. Gotta give it to Bush, if he makes a mistake, he sure sees it thru.... :laugh :

post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Mark for the record I didn't start with name calling but after being insulted a few time by newbs I sank to there level. Not good but oh well. Those assholes wanted me banned. Funny how that works yet it was those fools that started it. You don't see my complaining to the mods so who got owned? Not me : I don't need the mods to ban someone or to close a thread, the fact they did shows they could not take the heat.

that forum always turns into a pissing match and not just politics.

I prefer it here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode