Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
class question

so in a crim justice class our professor tells us that most people don't commit a crime because it's not worth the risk of getting caught, not because of morals, etc...very few would not commit a crime.

so he says he's gonna go around the classroom and for people to be as honest as ever as to what they would commit if they KNEW they couldn't get caught. Like a one free criminal act pass that you won. if they would commit a crime at all.

most said they would take a nice car, rob a bank, etc...i so wanted to be like "rape your wife, sir" and i told the guy next to me and he busted out laughing so loud the prof asked what he was laughing for. OMG i'm glad he didn't say it...it was funny, but i was sweating bullets.

mine was that i'd clear out a motorcycle dealership

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:35 AM

I'd settle for Shooting most of my neighbours
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:37 AM

you should have siad it.... he asked for it.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:43 AM

mine would've been to rob Bill Gates
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:05 AM

I'd clear out the Barber Motorsport Museum! I saw bikes from 1902 up to the current 2005. A bike to suit my ever changing mood. :
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1
you should have siad it.... he asked for it.
:imwst :corn It is a crime so why didnt you say it Corey??? My new nickname for you is manuck,,,means chicken in filipino. :
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:10 AM
phil-osepher

hmmmmmmmmm... the unpunishable crime.

what would i do?

I think I would find out a way to set up several offshore accounts. And then I would find a way to have 1% of everyone's social secruity taxes paid deposited into those accounts.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:17 AM

change lena's name to Bebot
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

bebot? wtf

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:49 AM

Trust me.... Its tagalo...
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint
mine would've been to rob Bill Gates
and never have to give the money back...deposited in said offshore accounts from phil
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 12:00 PM

I'd steal the 2008 US Presidential election !

Oh no...wait...

That's been done before

Just kidding, just kidding....don't get all worked up. :
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 12:11 PM

lol belguim...
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04R1Belgium
I'd steal the 2008 US Presidential election !

Oh no...wait...

That's been done before

Just kidding, just kidding....don't get all worked up. :
yes it was sad when Hayes stole the presidential election wasn't it......

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 06:07 PM

and that is a prime example btw, of why i think "higher education" is full of shit.

People commit crimes everyday.
Jaywalking, speeding, double parking/parking illegally

the reason people dont commit MAJOR crimes is morals, not the fear of being caught.

people without a good set of moral values will commit major crimes because it does not bother them to do so.

do you think low life bike theifs are afraid to get caught? not really, all they see is that it's okay to take something of someone else's for profit.
WHich in case you missed it, is a lack of a good morals set.

most murders are done because of a lack of respect for human life, not because they think they can get away with it. Most people that commit murders do get caught, and very few even thought about the consequences before they acted. so again, i'd say the "teacher" is a bit off base.

ask supercoe the next time you see hjim if he was thinking of the consequences of getting caught when he ran from the cops, or if he was just thinking of getting away from them...............

he was thinking short term, don't get caught not long term what happens if i get caught. a different set of morals than i have which says if i commit the crime and i get caught (minor crimes here btw), then i got caught and take the punishment.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

no budha, most people don't commit major crimes because of it destroying their life. if they knew they wouldn't get caught you'd be shocked! the reason he ran was because he doesn't care if he's caught.

if people knew they wouldn't get punished i bet 99% of all riders would run...don't even tell me they would stop and take the consequences if they KNEW they could get away 100%.

morals my ass...if you caught someone cheating on your wife in the act and knew you could b eat the shit out of him w/o going to jail or anything you telling me "morals stop people" BS, it's the fact the bastard aint worth going to jail...it's NOT morals.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

also think about when you see a rape or something horrible...everyone says "damn liberals are why we are so soft on everyone, needs to be executed" etc...if people knew they could get away w/ it someone would walk up and shoot the guy. morals aren't the problem...it's not worth what the law will do to you. ever wanted to punch someone? i'm sure your morals stopped you...if you look deep inside you'll realize you'd break the law a ton if you could get away w/ it...all morals aside! sometimes YOUR morals make you want to break the law, but why don't you?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode