Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Made a new subwoofer box !

Made a new box for the subwoofer to be put into the new car. Sub is a 15" Adire Brahma (weighs 42 pounds...) and it will be powered by a Rockford Fosgate Power 1051S amp at 1100W RMS.

The box is 1,5" MDF. Used wood filler on all the joints, then sanded everything and put on 3 layers of primer and 3 layers of granite effect paint.

All around the plexi is a neon string that will light up the engraving in the plexi blue.

This thing REALLY slams...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg box4_104.jpg (98.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg box2_238.jpg (101.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg box1_897.jpg (116.4 KB, 57 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 02:49 PM

holy shit balls man......wanna build 1 for my little clunker?

I still have a bunch of my old equipment I love........Kenwood amp pumps upto 300 rms in mono.....orion preamp EQ for those songs that come on toooo bassy....some MB Quarts seperates which I am trying to figure out how to make fit in my car with out heavy modification.....I need to get myself some 5x9's though....I blew the drivers rear today(remeber those songs that come on too bassy?)

o yea...and a Q Logic box for a 10 inch...all in all I shuld sound ok...doing the blac box conversion to the original deck as i dont want to mess with that.....think about building myself a trunk controller for it though also....some wire extensions an stuff should make it work...few potentiometers...yea......designing time!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
I didn't think we were allowed to have subs after we became parents. Hmmm, now you've got me thinking. I've got to go talk to the wife.

(conversation with the wife But honey, Belgium's wife let him get subs!! Please, please?! I'll do the dishes for a month! Please!

LOL :laugh :laugh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:02 PM

lol EVE.... getting older by the minute...
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1
lol EVE.... getting older by the minute...
Shit I should've figured you'd see this and use it against me!

But you know what? Very rarely do I get turned down. I try not to buy foolish stuff with a family to support and all. But when I want something, she rarely gives me a problem with it. The R1 for instance....didn't need it; had a perfectly good bike. But I got the R1 anyways! :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:14 PM

lol no I am saying in regards to your comment about having subwoofers... becuase you said in other words your grown up....

However it is amusing when you have a 35 year old guy who still looks, acts, and talks like he is 18.... Then hangs out with 18 year olds....
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1
However it is amusing when you have a 35 year old guy who still looks, acts, and talks like he is 18.... Then hangs out with 18 year olds....
I'm only 31... : ...I think you're talking about Wheatman!

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
I didn't think we were allowed to have subs after we became parents. Hmmm, now you've got me thinking. I've got to go talk to the wife.

(conversation with the wife But honey, Belgium's wife let him get subs!! Please, please?! I'll do the dishes for a month! Please!

Not until baby is 4 years old dammit!!! they ears are still developing till about that age.......I waited till shel was damn near 6 before I installed anything.....and then it wasa 8 inch in the trunk wel away from her and maybe all of 50 watts in it.

Now if baby isnt in the car....different story...Shelby these days loves the fact tht my comp has all my music and it plays through my stereo and she cant wait till I get the system up and running in it......she loves the THX song and plays it all the time....so much if I make her a webpage of her own thats gonna be her title song
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 04:05 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
where did you get the plexi???

looks cool I need to put my 10" Infinity in my truck its been sittin in the basement since I traded in my old one

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 04:12 PM

You have too much time on your hands

But looks
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
Quote:

Not until baby is 4 years old dammit!!! they ears are still developing till about that age.......I waited till shel was damn near 6 before I installed anything.....and then it wasa 8 inch in the trunk wel away from her and maybe all of 50 watts in it.

Now if baby isnt in the car....different story...Shelby these days loves the fact tht my comp has all my music and it plays through my stereo and she cant wait till I get the system up and running in it......she loves the THX song and plays it all the time....so much if I make her a webpage of her own thats gonna be her title song

The amp has a remote control to turn down the gain if you don't want it to slam. Also the stereo in the car has controls for the sub output level. So I can turn it virtually off when the kids are in the car

My wife pretty much lets me buy the toys I want as long as I don't go overboard...

I got the plexi at a trophy shop. You know where they sell the medals and cups and stuff ? I created the tribal design in Photoshop, then converted it to a vector file which I gave them. They engraved the plexi with their computer controlled machine.

I have some time now, since I'm on holiday, Yasmine is back in school, and the twins are still at the hospital... I think when the twins are home I'll have much less time. Think I'll be spending a lot of time at work then : Or ask my boss to send me abroad for a couple of weeks
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 10:54 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
to go say hellow to MV-999

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04R1Belgium
Quote:
Quote:

The amp has a remote control to turn down the gain if you don't want it to slam. Also the stereo in the car has controls for the sub output level. So I can turn it virtually off when the kids are in the car

My wife pretty much lets me buy the toys I want as long as I don't go overboard...

I got the plexi at a trophy shop. You know where they sell the medals and cups and stuff ? I created the tribal design in Photoshop, then converted it to a vector file which I gave them. They engraved the plexi with their computer controlled machine.

I have some time now, since I'm on holiday, Yasmine is back in school, and the twins are still at the hospital... I think when the twins are home I'll have much less time. Think I'll be spending a lot of time at work then : Or ask my boss to send me abroad for a couple of weeks

I use my orion pre amp for the same thing ...turns mine completey off if needed.......has seperate volumes gains and output levels for each amp if I am to go with a multi amp system again.........last time it was a bear to get it installed in mytruck...the mid 90's chevys didnt allow for that as the deck was more horizontal than most. I was poking around in my car(stock never lasts long does it?)and found I can keep my factory deck and do the black box conversion and hook multi amp as I would like...I have found a runner under the deck that leads almost to the console which is where I will put the EQ...and run cables for amps from that to the back and finally to subs and speakers as I add them. I am really beginning to like this car alot

so now my question is...how much is too much?

I have controls for Highs, Mids, lows, midbass, and subs....and outputs to each and a S-video hookup if I add a dvd system so it can control all that too
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

You guys are giving me the itch to get back into audio systems...........must...resist...temptation...

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:10 PM

Quote:
You guys are giving me the itch to get back into audio systems...........must...resist...temptation...

:1poke :1poke :1poke :1poke :1poke :1poke :1poke
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

:1poke :1poke :1poke :1poke :1poke :1poke :1poke

:laugh :laugh :1poke :1poke :1poke :1poke
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Resistance is futile.

You will get back into audio systems.

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Resistance is futile.

You will get back into audio systems.

Do I detect a bit of a trekkie in that statement?

DJ....go get some subs and a controller bro.......or your ped by the pooty
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg star_20trek_20city_20010_176.jpg (47.8 KB, 25 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode