Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Bad news folks...pack your bags

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/Inve...1130392&page=1

Where?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:41 AM

China? :
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:46 AM

Ouch
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Ask the Chief

jesus christ, adrian. of all the depressing shit you post, this kills it all.

if this is a fact, we're in big trouble......

guess i'll just have to stay at home for a few years. :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:10 PM

If its my time...its my time.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk

Hey but I saw it on the r1forum first :1poke

HEy look on the bright side of it "45% survive.

If it happens than it may just be the planets way of cleaning house. You know overpopulation.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
Quote:

Hey but I saw it on the r1forum first :1poke

HEy look on the bright side of it "45% survive.

If it happens than it may just be the planets way of cleaning house. You know overpopulation.
Time to head to the mountains and build a hut.. Survival of the fittest bitches.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:24 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
damn. avian flu sucks. :1poke
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:

:imwst

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
damn, hope it doesn't end up in the states...that sounds horrific

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 06:58 AM
phil-osepher

more and more hurricanes, this new flu virus, probably some major earthquakes in the near future for the west coast, and only a matter of time before terrorists unleash a biological agent or nuke within our borders. Times are going to get worse, FAR worse and all of us will be affected. I'm starting to build a "reaction kit" in case the worse possible scenerio happens (backpacks, blankets, food, water, clothing) and plan on storing 3 sets at different locations. My wife and daughter will know about our 3 "rally points" in the event of some kind of disaster, and literally we will have to be prepared to live in the woods for several days if necessary. Sure, it all sounds stupid, but the people in New Orleans faced that same thing and if you think something like I listed won't take place again in the next 5 years you really should reconsider...

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
more and more hurricanes, this new flu virus, probably some major earthquakes in the near future for the west coast, and only a matter of time before terrorists unleash a biological agent or nuke within our borders. Times are going to get worse, FAR worse and all of us will be affected. I'm starting to build a "reaction kit" in case the worse possible scenerio happens (backpacks, blankets, food, water, clothing) and plan on storing 3 sets at different locations. My wife and daughter will know about our 3 "rally points" in the event of some kind of disaster, and literally we will have to be prepared to live in the woods for several days if necessary. Sure, it all sounds stupid, but the people in New Orleans faced that same thing and if you think something like I listed won't take place again in the next 5 years you really should reconsider...
sounds just like the "experts" in the 60's now doesn't it.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 09:42 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha
Quote:
This is different.
#1- the world is changing, and things like tsunami's/earthquakes/hurricanes (global warming) are becoming for frequent
#2- in the 60's it was the USA vs the Soviet Union. Now, its us against anybody that can sneak an explosive device into the country, or even make one.

Mark my words, it is only a matter of time before the next major catastrophe, and we will see a nuclear or biological agent used against the USA in our lifetime. I certainly hope this isn't the case, but at this very moment I almost bet that there are terror cells plotting against us, and living within our borders. Heck, the 9-11 guys lived in the US for years! Do you think they'll just give up and go home?

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha
Quote:
This is different.
#1- the world is changing, and things like tsunami's/earthquakes/hurricanes (global warming) are becoming for frequent
#2- in the 60's it was the USA vs the Soviet Union. Now, its us against anybody that can sneak an explosive device into the country, or even make one.

Mark my words, it is only a matter of time before the next major catastrophe, and we will see a nuclear or biological agent used against the USA in our lifetime. I certainly hope this isn't the case, but at this very moment I almost bet that there are terror cells plotting against us, and living within our borders. Heck, the 9-11 guys lived in the US for years! Do you think they'll just give up and go home?
"This is different.
#1- the world is changing, and things like tsunami's/earthquakes/hurricanes (global warming) are becoming for frequent"

that sure is what it looks like but can you cite any reputable sources to support the claim?
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 10:24 AM

we are all gonna die. every single one of us. We're all dying right now , every second of every minute of every day. Such is life , enjoy it while you can.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:02 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando
that sure is what it looks like but can you cite any reputable sources to support the claim?
no not really, i dont write down everything I hear. But I do watch alot of TV (discovery channel etc..)

If you need someone to prove what you are seeing as plain as day......

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
no not really, i dont write down everything I hear. But I do watch alot of TV (discovery channel etc..)

what you or i may perceive as reality is not necessarily true at all.

for example, in the sense of geological time these apparent fluctuations in weather patterns may be relatively miniscule compared with mass extinction and ice ages.

even social factors like terrorisim seem relatively new and not so threatening when compared to even 60 years ago with WWII and the holocaust.

it's all about perspective and the TV is not the one to give it to us, that much i do know. the closest we can get to understanding what's happening is analyzing the data in terms of history and seeing where we fit in in the big picture.

in that vein, organizations like greenpeace are constantly misrepresenting data to further their own agenda. similarly so are the sensationalized tabloid-esque newspapers and, of course, the discovery channel.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

what you or i may perceive as reality is not necessarily true at all.

for example, in the sense of geological time these apparent fluctuations in weather patterns may be relatively miniscule compared with mass extinction and ice ages.

even social factors like terrorisim seem relatively new and not so threatening when compared to even 60 years ago with WWII and the holocaust.

it's all about perspective and the TV is not the one to give it to us, that much i do know. the closest we can get to understanding what's happening is analyzing the data in terms of history and seeing where we fit in in the big picture.

in that vein, organizations like greenpeace are constantly misrepresenting data to further their own agenda. similarly so are the sensationalized tabloid-esque newspapers and, of course, the discovery channel.
true. but it is a fact that the oceans ARE warmer now than 60 years ago. that's bold fact. warmer water in that portion of the ocean causes stronger hurricanes.

i hear about disasterous diseases like this flu, and if it happens, it happens. it's all about population control. as a race, we've become so accustomed to things being under some semblance of "control". this flu will just remind everyone who's really in control....and just how delicate and fragile humans really are.

as i said before, we're a minor surface infestation. mother nature will eventually wipe the slate clean and start over. we just seem to be accelerating the process. there won't be humans here a million years from now....so eventually something catastrophic is going to happen.

i'm gonna go buy a cooler, beer and a lazy boy.....and wait.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 05:50 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

Quote:
true. but it is a fact that the oceans ARE warmer now than 60 years ago. that's bold fact. warmer water in that portion of the ocean causes stronger hurricanes.

As was mentioned though, 60 years is nothing in the overall grand scheme of time. We can only speculate and guess that it's a cycle, or that we're actually warming up the earth.

It doesn't mean we should just sit idly by wondering, or for that matter going to extremes to protect it. Like everything, common sense needs to be applied. However, in this world it's probably the one thing that is lacking the most.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode