Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

continued from 90210(mods)

Sorry Budha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Jet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missbehavin
You're no fun.

Not saying that I won't do group rides, mind you. Just that my preference is solo.
:imwst

I had to lay a bike down on a group ride.. There was some idiots that just decided to brake because they were going into a corner too hot. This was like 200 feet before the damn corner. Kid had a brand new 955i and it was his first bike. Freaken idiot. Needless to say one of the ride "leaders" told him and his buddy to go the fak home. I won't do group rides that much anymore or I will usually wait five minutes after the last person leaves (in a group of less then 10). I'd rather ride my own style. That and I wouldn't want someone to try and keep up with me and get over their heads and vice versa.
hehe....guess Im the odd man out....I wait the requisite 5 mins....then go hauling ass up to do some "schooling" as they get passed

ahahahahaahaha

so much fun....even better if there is a group of harleys at the bend and they all get passed!!!

that is the damn funniest thing you will ever see.

did that on a ride upto Prescott once.....we took it easy on Yarnell(well known for the popo)and once we stoppe out in a place called Nowhere AZ, got some water, then as we were taking off a suburban passed us over the DY.

Me: "I dont think so" in my head.....I naled the throttle 1st ger lifted it passing them an proceeded to start hauling ass in the real twisties(and if you have ridden this the spars mountains are the best part)

the rest of my group figured I would be the guy to hang back cuz I dont like cars calling in my plates and shit........but when I jammed off they was like "ok so its gona be like that huh?"

we made record time into town.....

a gruop of harleys was taking up both lanes in the merge out.in area so they got passed one by one.............another ways up another group of em doing the same thing only no merge area....I crossed it and went to the pins in 3rd....quick downshift into 2nd as corner came up and at the apex...i was out of there.

we got into town relatively at the same time(my group and I)and were parked sipping on iced tea by the time the Harleys made it up there......they was lookig all hard and shit looking for us....they found the bikes and started crowding around......I let my friend Rick do the talking as I have a bad atitude sometimes....he got them all calmed down because it was looking like a fight was about to start

all they had to do was move out of our way was all...........wouldnt have been no problem otherwise

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 05:31 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

But at the same time, if they were in the lanes properly and doing the speed limit you have no excuse for the antics you pull. Not to sound like I'm ragging on ya, but shit like you say you do is the reason why I rarely if ever ride in groups. Also, people wonder why the cops are profiling sport bikes and our insurance rates are skyrocketing.

As to my riding time, yes I really have been restricted on how much riding I'm able to do. Work, training, family, house remodeling and an overall lack of funds has taken it's toll on my riding time this year.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn
But at the same time, if they were in the lanes properly and doing the speed limit you have no excuse for the antics you pull. Not to sound like I'm ragging on ya, but shit like you say you do is the reason why I rarely if ever ride in groups. Also, people wonder why the cops are profiling sport bikes and our insurance rates are skyrocketing.

As to my riding time, yes I really have been restricted on how much riding I'm able to do. Work, training, family, house remodeling and an overall lack of funds has taken it's toll on my riding time this year.
Im just jabbing ya bro....dont take serious.

I rode like I rode that day to get it oout of my system...and as far as the harleys...coulda gave me the passing lane at least
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 06:02 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

Every style of rider has their downfalls, it's a fact of life really.

I've ridden hard and done some stupid shit, but it's ever so rarely.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode