Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Concealed Carry...Loaded or no?

If you pack heat, do you keep a round in the chamber? For the most part I don't, but lately I have been. I figure I'll be like the guy in blackhawk down that says his safety is his finger...

In my area a little girl was killed the other day, and the guy could still be lurking. He was seen walking through back yards too. Broke into some home, tried to molest a girl and killed the friend that tried to stop him.

I don't let my daughter out alone much anymore. Too many crazies out there, and I pack a "heater" just for them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 12:41 PM
FAsT BOYS

yep why have a gun with no bullet
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

yea, it just creeps me out because the glock has no safety switch, except for the one on the trigger. I guess if I got robbed, I couldnt pause and say, "excuse me whilst I chamber a round kind sir.."

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 02:27 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
getting my concealed weapons permit soon.. what do you carry??

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 03:19 PM

I don't own a firearm but I've considered it. If I am ever in a position where I am carrying a concealed weapon, you best beleive there will be a round in the chamber.

Sorry to hear about that sicko in your neighborhood Kneedragger. I hope they catch that fVcker soon and give him what he deserves. Keep a close eye on your daughter bro'.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn
getting my concealed weapons permit soon.. what do you carry??
Taurus 9 mil.

aint the biggest or the baddest....but it works
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Apex
I don't own a firearm but I've considered it. If I am ever in a position where I am carrying a concealed weapon, you best beleive there will be a round in the chamber.

Sorry to hear about that sicko in your neighborhood Kneedragger. I hope they catch that fVcker soon and give him what he deserves. Keep a close eye on your daughter bro'.
here is the story, he is still on the loose
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/309220004

this literally happened blocks from where I live, in "suburbia" where crap like this isn't supposed to happen

for those that asked, I carry a Glock 23 (.40 cal)

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 06:22 PM

I agree with snair when I carry Its locked and cocked and ready to rock.

Colt .45 concealed carry model. I'll get some pictures up..

Although I carry rarely now... The day after I got my permit I was beat up really bad and put in the hospital and I am actually glad I didn't have it on me... I'd probably be dead or going through legal hell right now.

I'll carry when I have a family.. Until then I dont know that its worth it.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 07:18 PM
don't read this

when I get mine gonna have to see what I want to have for carring purposes.. But I doubt I will carry it that often.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
i've been around guns all my life and had jobs with them. i wouldn't keep one in the chamber. for one you have kids around. mistakes are easily made. I would teach my wife how to use it though and when the kid is old enough i'd make them familiar with it, but not a pro at it.

if you carry a gun enough in 99.999999999999% of situations you'll have time to chamber a round. not often does someone break into a home and within 2 seconds run at you w/ a gun aimed at you and shoot you. you give me 1 sec notice and i'll take a gun chamber it and drop you.

i've been on a swat team for 2 years and unless you're in danger already there is no need to keep one chambered in my opinion. MAYBE if you live alone, but with others around it's not worth the risk. I would also get a gun that has a better safety. doesn't take but a sec to take it off safety. If you're worried about it then practice with it, but you take a ton of families and put a loaded handgun in the house and more accidents will happen that family defense issues.

if you wanted something IMMEDIATE then get a tazer which i think a family should have anyway if they want protection and teach EVERYONE in the family how to use it then RUN AWAY and find help. That's immediate and if someone does have an accident w/ it big deal...

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 07:36 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
if you carry a gun enough in 99.999999999999% of situations you'll have time to chamber a round. not often does someone break into a home and within 2 seconds run at you w/ a gun aimed at you and shoot you. you give me 1 sec notice and i'll take a gun chamber it and drop you.

i've been on a swat team for 2 years and unless you're in danger already there is no need to keep one chambered in my opinion. MAYBE if you live alone, but with others around it's not worth the risk.

You are on a swat team I thought you were getting your criminal justice degree??? (Jim Street you Pimp, Watchin S.W.A.T right now.)

and yeah it takes no time to chamber a round but I think you have to stick with a philosophy from the get go cuz if you change to something else you might forget if its chambered or not and then you are wasting valuable seconds..

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
rinn was on one when i was in the military and we trained jointly with sacramento sheriff swat and chp swat. got deployed to seattle during the wto riots also...i left the military and am going to get my degree now. those days are behind me and no need to go back and do it again after my degree either. let the young guys do it...if i do anything specialized in law enforcement i really wanna do K9 or undercar narcotics work

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

corey I agree, when at home the gun is loaded but a round is not in the hole. I have familiarized my daughter with my gun too, even let her hold it and feel it.

I was talking about keeping one in the hole when it is on your person, especially walking around downtown and stuff.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 07:20 AM

exactly the point.
if you're willing to carry a weapon with you, then you better be willing to use it, and carrying a non-loaded gun is not ready to use it.

Life isn't swat teams or anything like that.
people who get mugged/assaulted/attacked don't get a warning.

and i want to see you chamber a round one handed.

anybody who's been through any self defense exercises will have learned that a large majority of the time, you only have one hand available and while that is usually enough to be effective, it is not in the case of a non loaded gun.

as too keeping a loaded gun around the house, and accidents that happen.
my opnion is that most of these are caused by two things:
1. irresponsible gun owners who leave multiple loaded guns easily accesible.
2. Lack of education. Giuns are not toys, and anybody who thinks they are needs to see what guns really do to flesh and bone.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
i've been around guns all my life and had jobs with them. i wouldn't keep one in the chamber. for one you have kids around. mistakes are easily made. I would teach my wife how to use it though and when the kid is old enough i'd make them familiar with it, but not a pro at it.

i've been on a swat team for 2 years and unless you're in danger already there is no need to keep one chambered in my opinion. MAYBE if you live alone, but with others around it's not worth the risk. I would also get a gun that has a better safety. doesn't take but a sec to take it off safety. If you're worried about it then practice with it, but you take a ton of families and put a loaded handgun in the house and more accidents will happen that family defense issues.

if you wanted something IMMEDIATE then get a tazer which i think a family should have anyway if they want protection and teach EVERYONE in the family how to use it then RUN AWAY and find help. That's immediate and if someone does have an accident w/ it big deal...

corey speaks.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stfu_173.jpg (62.5 KB, 5 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode