Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

George Bush

<GSXRCOREY> Well this is anything goes so I'll let people talk about the commander and chief. I see your point r1lover (stated below), but it's also a freedom of speach thing so i want to allow it. I also see your point in that there is a lot of bush threads...lets keep it to this thread and if people don't like it then don't go into this thread. My own personall opinion is that it's not a big deal. People can bash the PResident and government, etc...that's only how things get changed, but as long as it's logical comments and doesn't get out of hand. I do think one thread is enough on the guy...so lets keep it in here...thx guys

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4282692.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4282692.stm

Well one thigs for sure! Bush looks like a real chimp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic34_131.jpg (11.1 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg pic26_180.jpg (6.1 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg pic22_112.jpg (4.9 KB, 135 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
you really should write him a very nice letter sometime lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Published on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 in the Independent / UK
We Are Living on the Planet of the Apes
by Steve Connor

There is something in the swagger and that inane look of intense concentration which is especially noticeable midway through a sentence. Then, with all the publicity for the remake of Planet of the Apes, I realized what was bugging me about George W Bush. It was his simian side, the one that kept telling me that the most powerful man in the world was really a chimpanzee in a suit.

It's not just me that's noticed his ape-like mannerisms. There is, after all, an entire website dedicated to photographic comparisons between the former Texan oilman and our closest living relative (www.bushorchimp.com). But even this inventive webmaster was forced to concede defeat with one particularly stupid-looking picture of Dubya in mid flow. "I apologize for this late entry. I cannot find a chimp making a face as dumb as this one," the webmaster writes in the box where the ape should be.

But, to be fair to President Bush, there is a little simian in all of us. As the geneticists are fond of pointing out, chimps and humans share something like 98.4 per cent of their DNA. We also shared a common ancestor a mere seven million years ago, a blink of the eye in evolutionary time. It is no wonder that we see a bit of them in us, and a lot of us in them, which explains why the remake of Planet of the Apes is fueling such interest.

To some scientists, Homo sapiens is the "third chimpanzee", meaning we sit alongside the two other species the common chimp and the bonobo, or pygmy chimp on anatomically equal terms. The only thing that really separates us is our vast brain, which in Dubya's case is perhaps not as vast as Mother Nature had originally intended.

So although some of us possess a natural ability to ape our simian alter egos, none of us can claim to be above comparison. In fact the more we understand about the chimpanzee's behavior in the wild, the easier it is to see just how human their societies can look. We now know, thanks to research published in 1999, that wild chimps living in the African forests engage in all sorts of activities that are learnt from one another, from fishing for termites with sticks to cracking nuts with stones. The scientists had no doubt that the 39 learnt behaviors they documented formed a complex simian "culture", an attribute once considered to be unique to humans.

Chimps have more in common with people than we realize. They can recognize themselves in a mirror, they form complex social interactions, they form alliances, they are duplicitous and sneaky and yet at the same time show a degree of conflict resolution that would do credit to any diplomat.

The author William Boyd based his novel Brazzaville Beach on the comparison between humans and chimps. Based on real research, Boyd built up a picture of chimpanzee societies that were not so different from the human ones engaged in studying them. An especially frightening realization was that bands of male chimps engage in what can only be described as guerrilla warfare on neighboring chimps.

Apeing one another happens at almost every level. The primatologist Frans de Waal, in his latest book, The Ape and the Sushi Master, tells the intriguing tale of a young chimp deliberately brought up as just another member of a human family. The experiment was brought to a swift end when the mother discovered that her own baby had started to ape the chimp's mannerisms in a frighteningly bestial way.

The point is, we find apes both intriguing and at the same time unnerving precisely because they are so similar and yet clearly different. We share a common heritage that emerges in unexpected ways. As Dubya's facial contortions show, you can take the man out of the monkey, but you can't always take the monkey out of the man.

:corn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic57_179.jpg (16.9 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg pic79_211.jpg (21.7 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg pic86_168.jpg (27.3 KB, 132 views)
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 07:40 PM

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

I know i saw that on CNN, the religious right in america is becoming a huge problem!!!!

LMAO!!! Only in USA!!!!!
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

"intelligent design" and George Bush In the same sentence!
:1poke :1poke :laugh :laugh :laugh

Hey Johny2wheels start postwhoring so that you can change your own title. 500 posts man.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Mummy Man

350 i changed it too...to stop postwhoring for that reason

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 10:21 AM

LMFAO
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bush_20monkeya_487.jpg (119.8 KB, 97 views)
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
"intelligent design" and George Bush In the same sentence!
:1poke :1poke :laugh :laugh :laugh

Hey Johny2wheels start postwhoring so that you can change your own title. 500 posts man.

Didn't know that, i will. Budha gave me that damn title........
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer
LMAO!!!!!
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 12:36 PM
phil-osepher

Funny, if it was Gore, Kerry, McCain, Elmer Fudd, or Johnny Bravo in office they'd all have the same amount of haters and for the most part our lives would remain unaffected....

shoulda coulda woulda.....

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 03:51 PM

So true kd.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

intelligent design

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/ch...and/index.html

ID, however, has been rejected by the modern scientific community for the same reasons that it failed in the 19th century. When closely examined, the living world is filled with evidence that complex organisms not only could have evolved through evolution's trial-and-error mechanism, but must have done so, because their structure, their physiology, and even their genetic makeup are all inconsistent with the demands of intelligent design.

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 01:34 PM
No Crying Allowed

One thing I have learned in life is that you always respect the President of the United States. When he is no longer president then bash all you want, but while he is Comander in chief - I don't think it's appropriate.

p.s. If this was just one thread or post about him then that would be another thing... You post these up everyday..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 03:02 PM
No Crying Allowed

Let's add some humor to this thread...... :laugh :laugh

Clinton is having his ritual jog through the park with all his security when suddenly he notices that someone has written in the snow in urine "Clinton Sucks" - well Clinton has a fit! He yells "I'm sick of this! Guards, I want you to take a sample of that send it to the lab and find out who is doing this!" Well the next day one of the guards comes to his office and says meekly "well Mr. President we have gotten the results back from the lab and there is good news and bad news. The good news is it was Al Gore's urine".

The president screams "That's the good news!? What's the bad news?" The guard replies "It was Hillary's handwriting."

: : :

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 03:05 PM
No Crying Allowed

I guess I need to start another thread Titled "Clinton" lol

I couldn't resist posting this one.... lol

Attached Images
File Type: gif bill_on_146.gif (33.2 KB, 51 views)

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Clinton sucked too :

Nader

post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Mummy Man

i think anyone with power will get corrupted in time unless he's just one of the very very few in this world. that's just my .02 anyway

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 03:17 PM
No Crying Allowed

One thing I have learned in business and I'm sure it's the same for the President is: The people below you do not have access to the same information that you do being in charge and you base your decisions based on information. The people that work for you will not always understand why you made the decision you did because they don't' have all the facts. Some people will never understand this concept but you have to trust the leaders.... weather it's in business or the government.

So many people go around slamming the president (no matter who it is at the time) But they dont' know half of the information that the president has at his disposal............

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
One thing I have learned in business and I'm sure it's the same for the President is: The people below you do not have access to the same information that you do being in charge and you base your decisions based on information. The people that work for you will not always understand why you made the decision you did because they don't' have all the facts. Some people will never understand this concept but you have to trust the leaders.... weather it's in business or the government.

So many people go around slamming the president (no matter who it is at the time) But they dont' know half of the information that the president has at his disposal............
One word "Chomskey" he does have access

Bush lies

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode