Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
America are you listening

Aussy government is cracking down. I got this from an American buddy of mine. Bugger saw it before I did

"WAY TO GO AUSTRALIA-AMERICA SHOULD DO THE SAME THING!!!!!!!

-----I WONDER IF AUSTRALIA TAKES REGULAR LAW ABIDING LEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!

Get out if you want Sharia law, Australia tells Muslims

CANBERRA: Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the Islamic law, that that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country which practises it, perhaps, then, that's a better option, "Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked move to the other country.

Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off". "Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and they don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off," he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spies monitoring the nation's mosques.

AMERICANS.....ARE YOU LISTENING?"
:corn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 09:44 AM

I know some muslims personally.... Some are good people... Its sad that its come to this....
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1
I know some muslims personally.... Some are good people... Its sad that its come to this....
I know plenty as well Stevo and it's not a case of big brothers watching to the extreme...just don't screw with our shit or your out, plain and simple.

Cheers bud, Warp
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Ask the Chief

only problem with America implementing that.....we're supposedly "land of the free, home of the brave". we've let so many different cultures into this country, there's no one absolute majority anymore. we make so many accomodations for every other race, creed, religion, ect.....if we were to close the borders and kick out all but democratic americans.....who exactly would that leave?!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Australia is no diffrent multi-culturalism wise bud and pretty easy going ta boot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
firehawk: they aren't talking about free and brave. just abide by the laws you live under and dont' expect to be treated diff because you come form some other country/culture. i agree. you want to live in america live under our laws and abide them...

i see their point...you won't get treated diff cause your muslim and if you don't like it...leave

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Ask the Chief

true....i agree. it just seems like this country goes TOO FAR sometimes to be accomodating to other cultures. we're always so fucking worried about offending people.

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Mummy Man

i agree 100%

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

I'm with you guys, you have to draw the line at some stage
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 12:06 PM

Quote:
:imwst :corn
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 12:27 PM

my take is...........

Live in America.......No1 language is English....so fucking use it.

follow our laws or get arrested....not being nice about this anymore

you want to drive? get a damn license and to do that you SHOULD be a American citizen, not some damn immigrant whos a ingrate in the first place........and your ass better have some fucking insurance!!!!!

when I say follow the laws that doesnt mean in a single family dwelling is 1 damn family...ie...mom/dad/children.............not your cousins uncles stepparents and your best friends sisters roomate from the old country all piled on top of each other in one room and the wifes entire family tree in the next

stop trying to look at us all hard when you are here...it our fucking country and we can send your ass back just as quick....shit look at swedie from R1forum.

dont tell me no habla engleesh.......you know what the fuck I am saying

quit fucking drinking and driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get a fucking green card or get out...we dont need or want you here

as you all can tell......this hits a real sore point with me
I just found out AZ is giving the illegals the rights of american citizens fully...without having to make them be americans any longer

I am so ready to denounce america and leave

i have found out I cn denounce the flag....live here, not pay taxes ever again, get american rights and welfare help for life, and sit on my ass all day. All because I relinquish my belief in a flag....course...i couldnt call america my home any longer either and traveling outside of US which turn into a real bitch.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Mummy Man

val i don't think anyone is saying muslims aren't good people. i think ANYONE that goes to any other country/culture shouldn't expect special treatment. when in rome do as the romans...if you CHOOSE to live somwhere then you should obey their laws and agree to them or get out. Don't say you're from somewhere else and want different treatment. that's my take on it and i don't care what race/culture you're from or where you're moving to. If i was moving to china i wouldn't ask for any favors or anything. I would have to live as they do under their laws

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Ask the Chief

right corey, but like i said earlier, what is american? i understand the primary language is english, but everyone except indians are immigrants. Columbus was an immigrant. Missionaries were immigrants. The original 13 colonies were made up of a mix of many different cultures. that's the bedrock america was built on....(as i said before) land of the free, home of the brave.

america has become home to every walk of life. we have created a culture that is open to every other. for us to close the doors and tell people "play by the rules or GTFU", it wouldn't work. what actually is the "guideline" for being an american? being christian? catholic? democrat? republican? independant? even muslim? we have american muslim leagues in this country. that said, if we say play be the rules.....what rules? who's rules? who gets to make the rules that everyone has to play by?

we are a victim of our own design. the "free" american culture makes provisions that even anti-americans are welcome.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
the "free" american culture makes provisions that even anti-americans are welcome.
by the way....what really sucks is that my boys are over there dying so that people that hate americans can live under our roof and enjoy our freedoms.

don't get me wrong....i'd love to kick out every person that would ever wish us harm.....i'm just questioning the method of how we determine who that is.....

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
the "free" american culture makes provisions that even anti-americans are welcome.
by the way....what really sucks is that my boys are over there dying so that people that hate americans can live under our roof and enjoy our freedoms.

don't get me wrong....i'd love to kick out every person that would ever wish us harm.....i'm just questioning the method of how we determine who that is.....
people who expect to live by rules that are not in a given country's constitution is probably a good place to start.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando
Quote:
Quote:

people who expect to live by rules that are not in a given country's constitution is probably a good place to start.
bro....there's "true" americans that don't live by the rules in the constitution....some are even in elected office and positions of authority. corruption is rampant in the US government. the constitution gives us a guideline to operate the country by, but using that as a tool to determine who's with us or against us ain't always gonna work.

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Ta Moko

America Is what a little over 200 years? Indians lived here for thousands of years. Aboriginal people lived in Australia for more than 50,000 years. So we rule because we have conquered a primitive culture and now have the right to tell other immigrants to get out? We rule because we have a bigger stick than primitive tribes did. What Is government anyway? Its owned by the corporations and politicians work for them. Who are we to say our culture is better than the indian nations or Aboriginal Australia? Seems to me they have a proven track record of surviving for thousands of years, can we, will we? Not If we follow the path laid out by the corporations. We need a government that cares about all people not just big business interests.

http://www.nader.org/template.php?/a...d-Big-Oil.html

post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Ask the Chief

i was kinda with you till you posted a nader link. *sigh*

i agree with ando that the constitution should be a guideline. unfortunately, the constitution didn't cover the slaves during slavery or american-japaneese during ww2. it's a set of rules, but open to interpretation. people that want to get around it....can.

but, as i said before, who defines what the definition of a true american is?

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
I don't think they are asking the "good people" to leave. If I'm reading that correctly, it was aimed at "radicals" and those Muslims who prefer to live under Islamic Sharia law and not follow the "accepted local values". I kind of doubt that you know any "radicals" Steve.

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
I kind of doubt that you know any "radicals" Steve.
can you tell who they are? they hide and keep to themselves for a reason.....

that's the scariest thing about this "new war"....no one has any idea who the enemy really is.....until they make a move.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode