Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

OK......so what's missing here?!?

Got all my parts and pieces.....

BUT I'M MISSING A FREAKIN CAMERA!!!!!

Bought it thru the Navy Exchange website on November 13th. The next day they posted a tracking number, stating it had been shipped. The tracking number wouldn't work when I clicked on it, so I figured maybe the numbers were wrong. I gave it a few days....no camera. So, I get on live chat with an Exchange rep last night, and she tells me the tracking number is incorrect.....

BECAUSE THE CAMERA IS COMING FROM JAPAN.

She tells me it's going to take 14 to 21 days, possibly up to 45 days!!!

Guess no cool pics on deployment. SUCH a bummer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc06148_142.jpg (127.0 KB, 115 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:27 PM
we meat again

What camera did you buy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
What camera did you buy?

20D.....

I was really leaning towards the 5D, but just too much money right now. 5D's are going for over twice the amount of a 20D, and you get a full sensor and 12.8MP for the price.

20D is 8.2....not full sensor....but still takes beautiful pics. Maybe one day...

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:45 PM
we meat again

Nice!

I'm sure LP will drool all over this thread... :

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

he's the one that talked me into my 17-85mm lens :

got her brand-new for $405

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:00 PM
I am not Loved :(

Send a message via MSN to 04stangman
I think you need some Budweiser!!!!! That is whats missing!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:13 PM
No Crying Allowed

I'm still waiting for this to arrive........... They said it has shipped but I still havent' seen it.... I can't wait....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...&O=&sku=274780

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

that's a DAMN good price.....just found one on eBay for $1649!

no wonder they're out of stock.

i got a similar spec lens, just with no image stabilization. i'm going to get a IS 100-400 when i get back. IS makes 'em pricey!

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:42 PM
No Crying Allowed

That's good to hear, I'm a little picky about buying camera stuff on the internet, but have heard good things about B&H Photo so I went with them.

It was out of stock a month ago when I ordered and then they recieved a few of them and sold out again... They seem to go very quick.

That sucks that you won't have the camera for the trip..... Dont' you still have your old one though?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

nope.

first off, it's a 35mm, and after using a 20D at the MotoGP last year, I won't go back. Just TOO easy and convienent....and takes sweet pics too.

second, that camera made 2 trips to the gulf, and didn't make it the second time. it's a Minolta Maxxim 5000, and the autofocus diaphram went out. i started looking on ebay, and that camera can be had for around $150. not worth getting it repaired. just opening the back to reload film did a number on it. she's still full of grit.

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Future Lottery Winner

Send a message via MSN to Belgium
Love the lens ! Bummer on the camera though

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 03:52 AM

Sucks to wait for something you want :

I'de like to have a 20D
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 04:30 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
That blows man. Does Navy use AAFES too? I always thought the exchange services were supplied from stateside.

I was gonna offer to sell you my 35mm rig just so you'd have something, till I saw what you said about the grit. They are pretty suseptible once you open them to load film.

Why don't you just pick up a cheap digital in the mean time? Won't be near the quality, but at least you'd have something...

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

OK........

SO the wife says she has a suprise for me last night. I'm thinking "special treats".

She opens the closet, and takes a box out.

Guess the camera came yesterday!! Funny part is, it came about the time I was bitching about it not coming. Funny.....cause I damn near bought another camera yesterday to take with me. Not anymore!

Look at this.....she's a beaut! Going to take pics....I'll be back in awhile....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc06151_141.jpg (115.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg dsc06150_126.jpg (104.7 KB, 52 views)

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:39 AM

COOL!!!

And your wife fooled you well

Now go take some naked pics of her as revenge and post them here : :
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 11:15 AM
just a user

Send a message via MSN to korrupt1 Send a message via Yahoo to korrupt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
COOL!!!

And your wife fooled you well

Now go take some naked pics of her as revenge and post them here : :
:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 11:58 AM

I'm still waiting for the lingerie set MV supposed to sent to me :

(sorry off topic .. but i'mdrunk ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Hell was just hell, so I came back

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 12:11 PM
No Crying Allowed

That's awesome Bro, glad it came in time.

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Tiger
I'm still waiting for the lingerie set MV supposed to sent to me :

(sorry off topic .. but i'mdrunk ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
I already told you i need an address and a naked pic of you so i can get you the right size :
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
get us some pics damnit...me wanna see

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode