Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Off-Road Racer Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=1&cset=true

RIP to all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:15 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I have to register

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

COPY AND PASTE

November 21, 2005
latimes.com : California
Print E-mail story Most e-mailed Change text size
Off-Road Racer Presumed Dead in Plane Crash
Jason Baldwin, 35, of Laguna Beach is said to be one of four in a small craft that went down off Dana Point. Recovery effort to begin Tuesday.

By Christine Hanley, Times Staff Writer

An off-road racer was believed to be among four passengers presumed dead after a small plane crashed off the Orange County coast over the weekend.

Jason Baldwin of Laguna Beach and three others were returning from a racing competition in Baja California when their Cessna 210 plunged into the Pacific on Saturday afternoon about three miles off Dana Point, the U.S. Coast Guard said Sunday. Nearby pleasure boaters had watched the plane spin out of control.

ADVERTISEMENT

The remains of the victims had not been recovered Sunday and could be inside the wreckage, which remained under 200 feet of water, authorities said. The Orange County Sheriff's Harbor Patrol was keeping the crash site secure until investigators from the National Transportation Safety Board arrived and proper equipment could be brought in to try to retrieve the aircraft from the ocean floor.

The salvage effort will not begin until Tuesday, the first day qualified divers are available, said Nicole Charnon, an air safety investigator for the NTSB.

One of the presumed victims was identified as Baldwin, 35, of Laguna Beach. Baldwin's father, developer James Baldwin, told authorities Saturday that his son was on the plane, according to Coast Guard Lt. Tony Migliorini.

Baldwin and his younger brother have been racing trucks for years in the SCORE Desert Racing Series and the Championship Off-Road Racing short-course series.

Baldwin made headlines after two fatal accidents over consecutive years at the Baja 500 in Ensenada. During a pre-race warm-up in 1998, he collided head-on with a motorcyclist who was considering entering the event. A year later, he lost control of his truck two miles beyond the start and crashed into a crowd, killing an onlooker and injuring himself and several others.

Last weekend, Baldwin and his brother were in San Felipe, Mexico, for the Baja 1000 off-road race. He finished 19th out of 342 drivers, about an hour and six places behind brother Josh, 29, of Newport Beach.

The Cessna took off from San Felipe and made a customs stop at Brown Field Municipal Airport in San Diego, en route to John Wayne Airport, Migliorini said.

About 2 p.m., the Coast Guard received a call for help from the Spirit of Dana Point, a replica of a historical tall ship out for a day sail. Two Coast Guard boats, a helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Los Angeles, and the O.C. sheriff's harbor patrol responded to the scene.

Sheriff's divers searched for survivors in the area around the downed plane Saturday, but none were found. The four were presumed dead, and the Coast Guard suspended the search about 4 p.m. that afternoon.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
Baldwin made headlines after two fatal accidents over consecutive years at the Baja 500 in Ensenada. During a pre-race warm-up in 1998, he collided head-on with a motorcyclist who was considering entering the event. A year later, he lost control of his truck two miles beyond the start and crashed into a crowd, killing an onlooker and injuring himself and several others.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
Quote:

I know I was thinking that..how can he go back and race when he killed people?

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:44 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
COPY AND PASTE

OMG..............

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
Quote:

I know I was thinking that..how can he go back and race when he killed people?
because he is a uncaring asshole who thought of only himself. now he wont be thought of at all
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Ask the Chief

what the fuck are you guys thinking?!?

first off, the baja is nothing more than a really long rally race, with bigger and more powerful vehicles. at several points along the course, people are THICK along the sidelines, just like a rally race. trucks are passing at over 100 mph, and people are standing close enough to reach out and touch 'em! stupid bullshit, but the guys have a race to run. i know for a FACT that Jason lost control of his truck BECAUSE he was trying to avoid people, and still go fast enough to be competitive. He was found not at fault in that accident.

Jason raced the SCORE series for years. i met him when my wife worked for the mcmillan corporation (corky mcmillan just recently passed, as well). the mcmillans are also famous racers. i've gone to mexico for quite a few baja races....i'll leave it at that.

i say RIP to him, and this is a horrible, horrible tragedy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode